Maplewood at David Lipscomb

sportsnutdad

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be Lipscomb's first test to see if they are ready to compete for the old N.I.L. Football crown and to see if their unbeaten Region/district streak continues. I would look for a very competitve and close game and generally in the past would have considered giving the Mustangs the edge with their kicking game...but this is an area that needs to improve from week zero's effort. I believe the Lipscomb coaches will have a solid game plan in place with any adjustments needed at half will be made.

I know Lipscomb will have a large crowd for this game as the fans know the importance. Wonder if Maplewood will bring a large fan base with them? I hope so.

The game will be carried live at the mustangfanpage.com. More on this later on in the week.

Lipscomb is way too well coached and their kids do everything right and this combo will never see a game in which they are going to be "blown away" by another team because as long as they are what they are they'll always be competitive.

Maplewood wins by 2 TD's

And were you right last week?

Oh i came so close micman... you know i did, Big Red nation knows it too.

This is a different game ..and there should be no way game two repeats.

and i hope MBA hired those refs for the season and contain them in the private sector. j/k

Maplewood wins ..and i ..cant pick em all right ..but it doesnt hurt to try.. i mean look im 50/50 so far not bad you think ... im 1-1 .. in a few days it will be 2 -1 along with other teams i know ..and at least we are not 0 - 2 like that other metro power house over there. :popcorneater:

"Horse Whisperer

Re: Maplewood - More fundies and special teams wo

« Reply #4 on Aug 29, 2009, 10:37am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good observations Marker I. Here's a few more things to ponder.

#20 is their backup RB and he has Zach Rogers type speed. You're right. If we allow either of their RBs into open space we're dead. We must battle in the trenches (both on offense and defense) with these guys and the linebackers have to play big. If we could force a few turnovers and play great on special teams it just might be a difference maker. Special teams play sure saved MBA last night. I also agree that us not playing people two-ways and having some depth may help in the second half. (That is if we can avoid the officiating crew from last night's game.) By the time they (dumb, dumber, dumbest and dumberiest....) sorted things out, it gave Maplewood a huge opportunity to get their wind and rehydrate. " <-- its a clue.

WO!!! Look --> Warning May Contain offensive language.

Live from http://mustangfanpage.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=2009seasongeneralboard&action=display&thread=333 Mustangfanpage.

Thats fire right there.

Hey boski.....I think that Ralph is one heck of a football coach and he has done some great things at MHS but Lipscomb is a football team that is coached by one of the few "legendary" coaches around the state (Rankin, Quarles, Morris, & Martin would also fit this status) in Glen McAdams. His teams execute perfectly. Maplewood better be ready to stop the trap this week because I can guarantee you Lipscomb is going to run it over and over and over again!

Hey boski.....I think that Ralph is one heck of a football coach and he has done some great things at MHS but Lipscomb is a football team that is coached by one of the few "legendary" coaches around the state (Rankin, Quarles, Morris, & Martin would also fit this status) in Glen McAdams. His teams execute perfectly. Maplewood better be ready to stop the trap this week because I can guarantee you Lipscomb is going to run it over and over and over again!

MBA ran the trap several times ..sometimes it worked many times it didnt. so if thats all you got then you're in trouble.

MBA ran the trap several times ..sometimes it worked many times it didnt. so if thats all you got then you're in trouble.

I promise you they don't do it like Lipscomb. Nobody in the state can run the trap like Lipscomb. They are really good at what they do and they always win. They are going to run trap, weakside iso, buck, rocket, rocket counter, sprint out, and sprint draw. They will do nothing else.....I promise you this!

Maplewood should win..but, it would not be a surprise if the Mustanga won. Game will be close.

You left out Coach Thompson as one of the "legendary" coaches.