A E vs Fulton

reverse

BullDog ... I gave AEW credit for winning .. credit to their best player and credit to the whole defense for stopping when it counted but the fact remains AE was outplayed and Fulton had opportunities to win and couldnt ... just like last week Powell should have beat Fulton ..I posted that too last week ... I assume your a Bearden guy ... how many state tiltes have you guys won ????

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I agree with you on this one. D. Hawk was being a man amongst boys out there tonight. I think Coach Black SR will be on the OLine all week. IT doesn't get any easier this week for the Falcons as Alcoa and DHerb travels to Fulton for a Thursday Night matchup. UH OH......

AE offense: In all honestly, I think those stats were a misprint, but who knows as the saying goes, "Offense sells tickets, Defense wins Championships" So with that being said, I'll take this WIN!

Now its time to put the Fulton game behind us and get ready for Catholic, this game has been circled on the calendar since last year.. IT's ON!!!

Bulldog69...Don't be a HATER! There was NOTHING wrong with that post! WHATEVER!!!

Well Turtle...I guess I'll bring you a Gatorade this morning! You can't get inside the 10 and NOT score and expect to win a ballgame. That game took so long to play! Good grief. I KNOW Coach Black will have that O Line running hard come Monday morning...it's a good thing he might have a little time to cool down before Monday morning! I am so disappointed. I don't even know what to say! There is no excuse for our dropped passes! There were some pass int. that weren't called that would have been crucial and a blatantly obvious Facemask committed on #2 Allen. However, that did not lose the ballgame. We beat ourselves in this one! We better clean up our act before Thursday night! The weather forecast shows a Tornado coming thru come on Thursday night! We need a host of FALCONS to stop it! Come on Falcons!

Aw THANKS 4 my sister! 8-) But I can't hear you :o Nah, I'm not going to rub it in, sometimes you just have to go with Turtle's predictions. I told you via text yesterday morning, I had that feeling and my boys didn't let me down hahaha..

The best of luck Thursday against Alcoa, they had a close one last night as well. But what are you going to do? You have 3 games to attend this Thursday.

Ok we did have an upset last night, but yes I'm takin 4mysister's comment on the reffs it was terrible calling. Especially after they gave them three tries to complete a two point conversion. Our man D-man put on quite a show last night it's just that the rest of the team didn't carry outthe rest of the game. Also I'm going with 4mysister on the line. Multiple times we tried to run the ball to Vonte Cottner, and i think maybe one time he made it back to the line of scrimmage. So I'm gonna have to give this to AE and listen to the smack I'm gonna get from all the fans and Lil Roadrunners, but I think I'll live.

BullDog ... I gave AEW credit for winning .. credit to their best player and credit to the whole defense for stopping when it counted but the fact remains AE was outplayed and Fulton had opportunities to win and couldnt ... just like last week Powell should have beat Fulton ..I posted that too last week ... I assume your a Bearden guy ... how many state tiltes have you guys won ????

Tad, you will have to ignore Mangiedog69...he is a MiddleTN blowbag and fan of the Page Patroits. He is a major antagonizer and an all around CLOWN!! He is the same person that adamantly and erroneously predicted that Roger Herndon would run wild and Greenbrier would destroy Fulton in the State in '04, and also that Pearl Cohn would blowout Fulton 2 years straight in the playoffs in 06 and 07…all were Comfortable Falcon victories. Like I said, he is a CLOWN and full of hot air! He knows very little about Fulton, or anything else for that matter.

Hey Turtle ... where has T Pryor been ??? was he hurt or suspended ??? did he get in trouble AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN ??? he is such a good kid ya know !! ha ha .. How mant times has he been in trouble anyway ... breaking out windows with fist at Fulton showed how good a kid he is .. did he ever have to pay for that window ??? if he was suspended I figured he would be reinstated for Falcons game anyway ... whats up with this .... if he has been hurt then I apologize but something tells me not !!!

Pryor was not suspended. He is in good standings with the school and the football team.

"Good Standings with the football team".... Best quote of the year on many different levels.

First of all.... Please explain this to me. How can a student athlete at AE (Always Eligible HS) attend school for 30 to 35 days out of the 90 day Spring Semester, not go to summer school, and pass enough classes to be eligible to play in the Fall? One things for certain..."He must be in great standings with the football team" in order to pull that off. There must have been a lot of stratagizin' going on to be able to have him dress out for this big Friday night showdown. Did someone play the "Bless his little heart" card and make him an eligible starter? I would imagine that this took the cooperation of many important people to help out this poor inner-city child in need.

However, let's assume that he did this all on his own and everything is legitimate. If this is the case, then I am very impressed with his ability to overcome adversity and rise to academic glory with his hard work, determination, and his success in becoming a life long learner. I can only imagine the amount of make-up work he was required to complete after missing 50+ days of school and never needing to enroll in summer school. The more I type, the more I want to celebrate his success! The mentoring program and support system at AE must be amazing to encourage someone like Pryor and turn him around in such a short time period. With a heart of gold and a fist of steel this alone is why I want to nominate his turn-around story to Pilot's High School Heroes so that the entire region knows what's happening in the huddle at Austin East.

So don't stereotype him as a fist punching, window breaking, chair throwing teenager. The Austin East community is celebrating their current pride & Joy. So let's give him a break and cheer him on when you see him dress out on the field with the other eligible athletes. To say "He's in good standings with the football team" almost brings a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat....and that is good enough for

Eligible or not....Let's play some football tonight!

Go Falcons!

I miss my old 3A friends in you Photo and Turtle. The 5/6A fans aren't nearly as witty.