Munford vs. Hardin Co.

blacksox8

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No harm intended. I listened for two weeks about the "brickwall defense" of Munford. Only sorry I couldn't put it to music. I have listened all Summer to some of my people at work about how great Munford was and now I guess it's time for them to show all in Trojanland just how great they are. Frankly, I think Munford is still Munford, and it will be an utter blowout Friday. F.Ware and Covington aren't bad...they're pitiful. Hardin County is no power either. I found it quite hilarious about all the discussions of "playoffs" by the Cougar fans since they will in all likelyhood not win a single game. Either way, the hornblowing of Munford will cool significantly this week and should be silenced completely after Friday as they attempt to just finish the season. :oops:

No harm intended. I listened for two weeks about the "brickwall defense" of Munford. Only sorry I couldn't put it to music. I have listened all Summer to some of my people at work about how great Munford was and now I guess it's time for them to show all in Trojanland just how great they are. Frankly, I think Munford is still Munford, and it will be an utter blowout Friday. F.Ware and Covington aren't bad...they're pitiful. Hardin County is no power either. I found it quite hilarious about all the discussions of "playoffs" by the Cougar fans since they will in all likelyhood not win a single game. Either way, the hornblowing of Munford will cool significantly this week and should bsioe silenced completely after Friday as they attempt to just finish the season. :thumb:

Visionaire, you are classless, and I hope for Millington's sake you are just a fan and not connected to the program. I have always liked and pulled for Millington but I may be changing my mind after listening to you blow hard on hear week after week. What have yall done accept under achive? Number 1 every year only to get bumped 1st or 2nd round. Yall thought yall were ready to play the likes of MUS and OB, LMBO! Yall are just a good county school, not a powerhouse. Wake up and stop tooting your schools horn and you will have other people outside of Millington pulling for you.

Fans like visionaire will be brought back down to Earth when they meet Cordova and Arlington in district play. Cordova is no slouch and Arlington has scored 154 points in 3 games. And I already know what Millington fans will say - "It wasn't against our defense!!!!" Your only win this season is against a sub-par Bartlett team missing its 2 best players. Stop crapping on other people's team visionaire or the favor will be returned when your team falls again this season.

GoChiefs, I know Cordova will be a tough game but just don't start drinking that Arlington kool aid just yet. They have beaten Overton, Frayser and Raleigh Egypt in scoring those 154 points. Look what happened two years ago when Arlington beat Germantown in their first game and everyone was jumping on the Arlington bandwagon then. Millington brought them right back down to earth the very next week. Arlington just might have a good team this year but they are going to have to prove it to me.

I have seen Arlington play and they look to be for real. Whether they played these sorry, unorganized teams or not, they still took care of business. The Frayser game was nowhere near as close as the score indicated (56-20). They dominated Frayser and did what a good team is supposed to do.....dismantle weaker teams. That game could have very easily been 70-7. You say to not get too excited about them beating the likes of Overton, Frayser, and Ral-Egypt. But Bartlett is in about the same boat without their 2 top players and that is the only team Millington has beaten thusfar. Bartlett is coached much better than those 3 teams, but they all have a few athletes that can even out that coaching gap. Millington is still a strong team and could very well win out. I just wish your fans could control themselves before they start crapping on another team and show ZERO class.

GoChiefs, I always pay attention to what you have to say on here. In this case you are referring to one over excited fan and saying it is all Millington fans. Most of us like the team are taking this one game at a time. I do not think you understand the love hate this game brings out in some, :thumb: if so you would not be attacking Trojan fans. Goodluck with your team this year.

GoChiefs, I can only speak for myself and not for everyone else as I am sure you are the same way. If I could control all the comments, that would be a different story.

You talk about Millington beating Bartlett and being no different than Arlington beating the teams they have played. There is a big difference. Millington has to play Bartlett. It is a league game. No one told those kids to go out and do what they did to get suspended for the game. It's not Millington's fault. We beat them 42-7 and if we didn't turn the ball over 4 times, it could have been a lot worse. The only game Arlington had to play was the Raleigh Egypt game. Why they chose to play Overton and Frayser is beyond me. Those are two historically bad football teams. Overton has only made the playoffs 1 time in the last 10 years and Frayser is about the same. I am not saying Arlington isn't a good football team. I am just waiting to see them play (and beat) someone better than what they have.

First I want to say I'm sorry for the loss of one of your middle school teachers. The family and community or in my prayers. Now cut visionaire a break. If he has had to endure ribbing from Munford fans at work over Millingtons 2 losses he deserves to be able to ribb back. I might not agree with the way he goes about it, but hopefully it is all in fun.

Can we move this to the Munford and Millington thread.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

I think most of this should move to the M&M Bowl thread and I already noticed that visionaire is in full form there. Just in case anyone was interested, here's my take on the Hardin Game.

Munford had too many turnovers and penalties, Hardin played well and took advantage early in the game. In regards to the Munford Defense, Hardin went up 21 to 6 at halftime and from there really never mounted much of an attack in the second half. The defense spent a lot of time on the field (most play both ways anyway) and still did a good job holding Hardin. Hardin did what they needed to do to win and regardless of a non-call here or there, the game came down to those mistakes.

The Munford offense has some potential but seems to make a mistake somewhere in a drive. They are running a totally new offense and there are times that it shows. No quit in them though and Hardin players were tired by the middle of the 3rd Qtr. Cougars just couldn't take advantage so the score stayed where it was.

Congrats to Hardin, they made key plays at the right time. Now we go the next game and play hard there. We are focused on building the program so every positive step is important.