Best/Worst High School Stadiums

UpNorth

Giles County's newly renovated stadium is the best i've ever been to in Tennessee. Really loud and has a great atmosphere.

While I haven't had the chance to see the new field in Pulaski, as long as "The Hickory House" is next door, you will have the best atmosphere in the state. The only thing that beats the smell of the smoke drifting over the field is going through the buffet line there. :thumb:

Good post. It doesn't matter what the game is like, you'll have a good experience in Giles County if you eat the buffet. :thumb:

Giles county has one of ,if not the best I have seen in the state.

Moore county is pretty low on the list.Small school though.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst stadium by far is in carthage Smith county. If you are unlucky enough to play there be sure and take a flash lite. the end zone are dark, unless they have improved the lighting lately

New lights installed several years ago. No need for a flash light now. Oh yes, we love to hear bad thing about the "hole" !!!!

Doesn't any one think that Greeneville High's stadium is nice????

Looking at the pic posted that place is really nice. Like I mentioned before I am a HUGE fan of stadiums with no track surrounding the field. From what I have noticed alot of schools in Tennessee do not have the track. Question for all of you, is track big down there? I am guessing not just by not seeing alot of tracks surrounding the football fields. Here in Ohio 95% of the fields will have that darn track which puts the fans even further from the field.

Keep the pics coming guys I love seeing them!

As a Huntingdon fan I've seen several stadiums over the years. One of the nicest is Dyer County. Gallatin has an old stadium but has a wonderful feel about the place. David Lipscomb had a terrible visitors seating when we played them. Seats appx. 200 unless they have redone their stadium. Decatur County is bad too. Very little seating on the visitors side.

Doesn't any one think that Greeneville High's stadium is nice????

Looking at the pic posted that place is really nice. Like I mentioned before I am a HUGE fan of stadiums with no track surrounding the field. From what I have noticed alot of schools in Tennessee do not have the track. Question for all of you, is track big down there? I am guessing not just by not seeing alot of tracks surrounding the football fields. Here in Ohio 95% of the fields will have that darn track which puts the fans even further from the field.

Keep the pics coming guys I love seeing them!

track really isn't our major sport.. it's is mostly football, basketball, soccer, and baseball/softball

There are not a lot of big track programs in rural areas of the state, therefore they don't have the tracks around their fields. A few programs do have moderately successful track programs in the rural areas of West Tennessee. Dyersburg comes to mind. Dyer County also has a nice track around the football field in their stadium, which is about 5 years old????? Anyway, most of the big time track programs in Tennessee now tend to be in the big metro areas.

seqautchie, that looks like a great place to play. I went and seen a game in 1988 at Dunlap. Have they moved that field or have they remodeled that stadium? It looks very nice!!

Sorry for not replying sooner, yeah I think next year will mark 10 years in the new stadium. They moved from the old stadium north of town to the new larger on campus facility that's located in between all three county schools the elementary school behind the home side, the high school behind the visitor side and the middle school in the south end zone with the field house in the north end zone. Having the three schools together provides plenty of parking for games.

http://sequatchiefootball.webs.com/facilitiesdirections.htm

012pkh.jpg

Sequatchie County has by far one of the nicest stadiums I have ever visited. The entrance to the facility sets the stage with a great electronic board amidst immaculate landscaping, and then you go up a long, paved, tree-lined drive to the stadium itself. Someone really planned well because all three of the schools match with the same brick as the stadium, giving it a very uniform look. As if that wasn't enough, Sequatchie County is in one of the most beautiful valleys in the southeast, so it is a great drive just getting to the stadium. It ranks number one on my list of best small stadiums.