3A AP POLL!!!

automatic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton is good, but not that good. They beat a subpar Science Hill team. They beat a horrible Volunteer team. Alcoa beat Maryville, they deserve ALL the 1st place votes. No doubt about that.

Man if a hometown sports writer can't vote for the hometown favorite without the Alcoa homers getting their knickers in a twist then you guys need to get over yourselves... I'd be giving Greeneville a 4a first place vote myself if I had one which I'm sure would hack off the Fulton fans....Oh well most of you think the state of Tennessee ends @ Dollywood anyway.

Man if a hometown sports writer can't vote for the hometown favorite without the Alcoa homers getting their knickers in a twist then you guys need to get over yourselves... I'd be giving Greeneville a 4a first place vote myself if I had one which I'm sure would hack off the Fulton fans....Oh well most of you think the state of Tennessee ends @ Dollywood anyway.

I'm not an "Alcoa homer," but Alcoa deserves all of the first place votes hands down. As far as high school football goes, Tennessee may as well end at Dollywood.

I'm not an "Alcoa homer," but Alcoa deserves all of the first place votes hands down. As far as high school football goes, Tennessee may as well end at Dollywood.

As far as high school football goes Tennessee might just as well not exist.....

why even put out a poll the second week into the season? its pointless

It's pretty much pointless at any time. Votes are opinions from folks who have seen a very

few of the teams play..even fewer that play each other. Great fodder for the water cooler

crowd, bragging material if you're on top. Not worth much. Top ranked teams sometimes get

knocked off in the playoffs, when the real poll starts.

Don't sweat it. If you #1, it'll show up when it counts. So will #2. LOL

Polls are fun to discuss, they're insignificant overall, but they still give us something to brag, complain or think about :roll: Looks like my school, CAK, didn't do a very good job of scheduling if this poll has any validity. We opened with Grace (#8 in 1A, maybe better than that), will play Loudon mid-season (#11 3A, better than that) and then end with back to back games with Elizabethton (#6 3A) and The University of Alcoa (#1 3A,4A,5A, and probably 6A). And if we're lucky enough to make the playoffs, then we'll get rewarded with a 1st or 2nd round game with Alcoa again :thumb: We could catch a break and see Austin East (#3 3A) :thumb: It does make for some intense, but fun friday nights.