Monday, October 19

Match 1 Lavergne at RHS kick 3:30

Match 2 Smyrna at Blackman kick 7:00

Tuesday at Richard Siegel Park

Siegel vs. winner match 2 - 6:00

Oakland vs. winner match 1 - 8:00

Thursday at Richard Siegel Park

Finals - 7:00

Thanks, Good luck tomorrow. At least the weather may cooperate this week.

Nice article in the DNJ today about last nights games. Kirstin did have a nice goal and I am a proud father, but our four girls on defense, the Dunning sisters, Cassie and Hayley, Sarah Parker, and Kaylee Bennett were outstanding in slowing down a potent Oakland offense, only allowing a couple of shots that GK Abbey Adkins had to stop. Hannah, Ashley, Soria, Emily and Erica were all solid last night in a total team effort.

Thursday against Siegel for District Tournament Championship and then on to Regionals and who knows what else.

I also want to say congrats to the Oakland girls, many that we are friends with, on their season. Keep your heads up, the future looks very good for your team.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats again to both Riverdale and Siegel for making the State Tournament again.

I know Houston expected to blow out Riverdale, so much that before the game the Houston Coach told the Riverdale Coach to give him a signal when he'd had enough and he would put in his reserves. That signal never happened, and Riverdale was a crossbar away from taking a 4-3 lead late in the game.

To the Riverdale seniors, thanks for 4 great years of exciting soccer, which included 3 trips to State and Sectionals the other year. I wish you girls all the best with your future endevours

Sure Houston has a chance to win it this year but they don't come off as an arrogant team. IAfter the season Riverdale had and the QUALITY PLAYERS they have on their team I find it hard to believe the Houston coach would say that. Is their any proof?

Props to Riverdale on another great season. To get past all the obstacles and make it to the tournament deserves a big congrats.