Halls vs Webb

PowerSweep

I think Mr. Duff really does care about the coach's staff. He knows the importence of a good football program for a high school. Now I dont know if he is going to order changes in the staff or not (I wouldnt think so but you never know) but he surely could. How has this slow start effected the booster club meetings? Do they still pack the classroom that they used to meet in or not?

Does anybody know how many loosing season we have had in the past 40 years?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls has some players but they are not used like they should be. Some play that shouldn't. Why we continue to give #34 the ball is astonishing. #46 is by far a better blocker and runner. Scrap the Wing-T. For goodness sake, get the ball to #6, #7, #46, #10 and #37. These are the play makers. Coaches have to see these issues on film or are they spending their time eating twinkies.

#34 has played great when he gets the ball & blocking to go with it....see Catholic scrimmage.

#46 was sick last week & that may have something to do with his number of touches, but he is just as good in different ways. Its the inability or unwillingness of the coaches to use the tallents this team has to the team's advantage that I just don't understand.

#6 got at least 75% of the touches (rushes & passes) Friday night. How did that work out for you?

If the coaches have decided that they are going to put the load on a single kid 75% or more of the time, then Ok, its their perogative, they are the coaches, but they must eat the stew they cook. The other kids must buy into that philosophy & block for him or it will not work. KJ said in the paper there was no confidence in anything they are doing. He's right on that. That must be remedied somehow.

Last Friday I saw a team come out of the locker room totally flat & uninspired, horsing around on the sidelines, & generally not knowing what the heck they were doing, what squad they were supposed to be on ect. ect....This is terrible coaching..period.

Yes, the boys must execute & give 100% effort & I think for the most part they are, but they must be led by coaches who at least act like they want to be there. I saw assistant coaches standing around doing absolutely nothing. At least have someone (assistant coach, water girl, trainer) counting players on the field for each squad change & keep sideline order. This stuff isn't coaching rocket science its youth league coaching 101.

The continuously low team morale is turning into player and fan apathy...e.g. why bother?

Instead of fixing it, it gets worse & worse. What happed to the fun exciting plays we ran in August vs. DB & Catholic? Where did the energetic assistant coach from Catholic we had in August go? Our defense seemed to play much better (more inspired) when he was there. But its not really a specific coach I'm talking about, its the enthusiasm for the game that tranfers DIRECTLY to the kids that seems to be missing.

Also IM80 was correct in his previous post.

HB76

ljwm5767,

Try 0-4 not 0-3. I am not a parent of a player. I have never saw a team look so pitiful as what I have seen this year. Loose to Clinton in a not so close game, Sevier and Powell we had our chances but couldnt overcome coaching misstakes, and then Webb just completely dominates us and makes us look silly WITH FORMER COACHES AND PLAYERS WORKING AT WEBB. Why dont we try to hire some of those guys to come work at Halls. Waight a minute, we have former players hired at Halls. KJ, the little feller, Qualles, Hassel, Kilgore, Lane, etc. Maybe we ought to clean house and start over with an outsider?

Makes one wonder, some people are made to be coaches, some made to be bankers, some made to be sporting good people. Some coaches are made to be assist, some head coach's, and some just a little league coach...where do ours fit? The little un shore aint no offense wiziard, dont look like the oline can block anybody, rb coach cant get um to hit the hole and not dance around all night, rec coach cant get um to block, dl cant get off no block and make plays, lb are average at best (think KJ coach's them and they ought to be much better), db are ok but they would be much better if Mr. Duff would step in and help with them. Speaking of Mr. Coach Duff, what is hes take on how the team is going. Being a old coach I bet he is getting many questions about the program and I bet he dont put it with it much longer, specially after this past spring. ;)

I don't think Duff or the new AD really care about the coaching staffs. AD seems to just care about game night security as he scours the stands with his little headset. Running back coach is the OC for those of you who don't know. Halls has some players but they are not used like they should be. Some play that shouldn't. Why we continue to give #34 the ball is astonishing. #46 is by far a better blocker and runner. Scrap the Wing-T. For goodness sake, get the ball to #6, #7, #46, #10 and #37. These are the play makers. Coaches have to see these issues on film or are they spending their time eating twinkies.

Security is the primary job of the Assistant Principal/Athletic Director on game night. He is the one responsible for being sure everything is covered.

As for Mark Duff, having had the opportunity to get to know him and work with him on some projects when he was the Assistant Principal/AD at Powell, I can assure you that he does care about the Halls football program, the players, and the coaches. Mark is a Halls guy. You guys are fortunate to have him as the principal at Halls High.

I could be wrong, hb76, but by my count against Webb Gibson had a total of two touches and Gresham and Bright only one. That's three fine athletes who can make things happen who are not being utilized. I don't go to practices, but I have observed them on the field for years and, while I'm no coach, I can safely declare that they can play. :x;):x

I could be wrong, hb76, but by my count against Webb Gibson had a total of two touches and Gresham and Bright only one. That's three fine athletes who can make things happen who are not being utilized. I don't go to practices, but I have observed them on the field for years and, while I'm no coach, I can safely declare that they can play. :x;):x

Like it or not, that appears to be the path the Coaches have taken, so the other players must try to get on board with it for us to get a win.