Halls vs Webb

PowerSweep

Does anybody know if Clinton will have to forfeit there game to us. If so we now have a win in the district.

According to the story in the Knoxville News-Sentinel this morning, the win could be "vacated", which would mean that Clinton would lose credit for the win, but the game would not be forfeited. Halls would still have the loss in its record.

Wow What rocket scientist came up with the concept of vacated. If I were a Halls fan id be P.O.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one I've ever seen runs the wing t with the precision and execution that Webb does. I have seen some that I think may have been equally impressive, but with better athletes to work with IMO. They somehow manage to keep coming up with speed in the backfield to go along with great execution up front. The Blance brothers are outstanding young athletes.

I see Halls coming out and playing very hard. They had a tough loss at QB that has been hard to overcome. I wish the best for the team and the kid, who I hear is a great kid as well as athlete.

In the end, I see this game being close through mid second quarter - halftime. Afterwhich, Webb will take over. They just have too much big play ability with their backs, and they use misdirection as good as anyone. You can stop them over and over, and then.... they break a long one. Webb 28 Halls 7.

Does anybody know if Clinton will have to forfeit there game to us. If so we now have a win in the district.

According to the story in the Knoxville News-Sentinel this morning, the win could be "vacated", which would mean that Clinton would lose credit for the win, but the game would not be forfeited. Halls would still have the loss in its record.

Wow What rocket scientist came up with the concept of vacated. If I were a Halls fan id be P.O.

Probably the same guy who came up with the Z plan. :twisted:

Halls needs this game in the worst way. They need a shot of encouragement from success on the field. Unfortunately, I don't believe they will get it tonight. I don't believe they will just roll over, I do believe they will play hard. But Webb brings so many things to the table above and beyond good athletes, that I just can't see Halls pulling off the upset. Good luck to both teams and hopefully there will be no injuries :twisted:

Halls needs this game in the worst way. They need a shot of encouragement from success on the field. Unfortunately, I don't believe they will get it tonight. I don't believe they will just roll over, I do believe they will play hard. But Webb brings so many things to the table above and beyond good athletes, that I just can't see Halls pulling off the upset. Good luck to both teams and hopefully there will be no injuries :hungry:

Very good post. I think Halls still could upset Webb but they will play hard and Webb will know they have been in a game. Hearing good things about Dowdy making a quicker return than first thought. Hope he gets the chance because of his senior season. Coffman's 8/10 last week was a silver lining in a tough loss. The QB position looks stronger this year.

I'm going to say right now that I really expect this game to go down to the wire. I think both of these teams are fired up to play each other tonight.

I know one thing... there will be some hitting going on. I've heard that Halls can play physical on defense and I have seen Webb's defense in action, their LBs can really hit. Ought to be a very good game to watch, I'm thinking Webb by a very slim margin. We'll know soon enough.

HTV is right. In a situation like this, games are no longer forfeited. They are simply "vacated." It will remain a loss for Halls, and Clinton will simply have one less W this season.

what happened at clinton to bring this on

HTV is right. In a situation like this, games are no longer forfeited. They are simply "vacated." It will remain a loss for Halls, and Clinton will simply have one less W this season.

what happened at clinton to bring this on

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/sep/1 ... situation/

Per the story linked above, the TSSAA is trying to determine if Clinton used an ineligible player in the Halls game. I was told today by somebody very close to the situation at Clinton that it only involves the Halls game. The student/athlete apparently didn't play in either the D-B or Karns games.

I know Coach Shattuck well enough to know that this certainly wasn't anything done intentionally. If they played an ineligible player it was because they didn't have any knowledge that there was a problem.

I think people seem to constantly over look Webb as being just a team that wins on scheme. While Webb has been traditionly week on the line in terms of size, their skill players have been great for as long as they have been around. While they are a small school, they have been one of the top schools in knoxville/east tennessee that have sent players to D-1 or D1-AA level (including some lineman to Marshall, TN Tech, Virginia, and Ivy league). Currently i will challenge anyone to find a better sophmore and freshman running back tandem in the state. While caleb is small and may only end up at a school like Furman or wofford bc of his size, he plays high school football like a player that would get recruited to play in SEC. If his little brother Aaron gets to 5-8 i bet he can play at a major college football program as a DB. Regardless of their height they are phenominal players that will go down as one of the best Rb's in Webb's School history (which included High school All-Americans like Billy Arbo and Chip Howard who went to UT)

Well, all you can say is that Webb just completely dominated Halls tonight in every phase of the game. The game started with Webb running back the opening kickoff for a TD and they proceeded to shut down Halls' offense while executing theirs for big play after big play. Webb led 28-0 at the half and then quickly went to 42-0. Starters were pulled with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Halls is in serious trouble... they have athletes but they just don't seem to have things together.

This is just sad. Halls fans, what are the problems? Powersweep, I agree Halls has some talented athletes. From your perspective as an opposing fan, what do you see as the problems? What do you mean when you say Halls just doesn't have it together? We've got to figure this out. You know the Wing T, so I'd be interested in your thoughts. :roflolk:

We've got to get this fixed. I have my own opinions, of course, but I'd like to hear what others think.