CCS Tournament

edge215

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Catholic falls a bit short in championship match vs CCS, 0-2. CCS strong-goals on PK and corner. Congrats CCS.

* Maryville ahead of Shelbyville, 3-0, early in second half in the finals of the other bracket--heard Shelbyville scored late goal and final was 3-1.

* Some fisticuffs in Mcminn-Anderson County match. Anyone have details?

* If you have a chance to see Livingstone's midfielder Kat Nigro play, don't pass it up. She is the real deal.

* Well run tournament.

The McMinn Co. coach yelled out onto the field at one of his players to "mark number 10, she's the one with the ball now". Five minutes later, the girl from McMinn and girl from AC are playing very physical when the McMinn girl throws a punch and hits the AC girl in the back of the head. The AC girl turns around and throws a stiff right to the eye, nose region and then its broken up. One of the McMinn coaches later gets a warning followed by an immediate yellow card so it looks as if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree here. I believe the ref's warning was "coach your players, not us....one more thing and its a yellow card" the coach immediately smarts off again and the ref pulls the yellow. This being said, the tournament was awesome and put on very well. Nice facilities CCS!

The McMinn Co. coach yelled out onto the field at one of his players to "mark number 10, she's the one with the ball now". Five minutes later, the girl from McMinn and girl from AC are playing very physical when the McMinn girl throws a punch and hits the AC girl in the back of the head. The AC girl turns around and throws a stiff right to the eye, nose region and then its broken up. One of the McMinn coaches later gets a warning followed by an immediate yellow card so it looks as if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree here. I believe the ref's warning was "coach your players, not us....one more thing and its a yellow card" the coach immediately smarts off again and the ref pulls the yellow. This being said, the tournament was awesome and put on very well. Nice facilities CCS!

Is this McMinn Central or McMinn County?

I totally agree Kat is an outstanding player.

I finally got a chance to get on the pitch this season, I did not think it was possible, but Kat Nigro is even better than last season. She played outstanding and took her team to a victory the first game, made an awesome back of the head goal the second, and by the third game it was looking like her teammates were already on the bus heading home. Sweet Goal she had that last game, taking it by herself from the midfield past all the powell players to score the only goal. My opinion, New forward #5-FAST, but needs some more knowledge of the game and a little more foot skills, can drop back to help outa little more. They have a new freshman? midfielder #14 OUTSTANDING!, dont know who she is, but plays hard, runs hard and knows the game, great passes, works like a champion, if I had to guess, she is related to #9, they both run hard, play hard and never gave up., they play outstanding together. Defense #3, improved tremendously from last season, I like her, she has ability, needs a little more power kicks. #20-new player, runs hard--to much dribbling, but has talent. This could be a better team if they were in better shape, did more subs, and did less standing.

I think Powell is improving and has alot of potential, but a group of parents that were shouting at them, really took them out of their game. The players are so talented.

Maryville, girls PLAYED HARD EVERY GAME! nice team work, never gave up, played good soccer, solid midfielders, good defense, good forwards.

CCS- Played great soccer, looked a little tired.

Mcminn- unacceptable behavior. but you cant let a few bad apples ruin the whole team, they have talent.

GREAT Tournament, nice fields, one thing I thought could have been better, the admission price, too high.

Back to the west, great being in the south..

You didn't mention it, so I want to ask. Did either of the two players get carded? I thought throwing a punch, even in retaliation, was a carding offense, usually a red card.

GREAT Tournament, nice fields, one thing I thought could have been better, the admission price, too high.

Just curious, What was the admission fee ?

Also, did Kat's father coach from the sidelines ? Nothing personal against him, just a pet peeve of mine when parent's actual talk positioning/tactics to players on the spectator's sideline, versus true cheering (let the real coach do his job)...and I noticed he did a lot of this at the CCS playday games.... :flower:

D :roflol:

Just curious, What was the admission fee ?

Also, did Kat's father coach from the sidelines ? Nothing personal against him, just a pet peeve of mine when parent's actual talk positioning/tactics to players on the spectator's sideline, versus true cheering (let the real coach do his job)...and I noticed he did a lot of this at the CCS playday games.... :flower:

D :roflol:

Didn't see Kat's father, but her mom sure coached from the sidelines, and constantly made negative comments about the Powell players. to quote her "this game is not important, don't worry about it" was her comment to Kat and Stormy. They are incredible players, but if the game is not important why are you out there playing it? I am sorry, every game I ever played was important, and played to win, as does my daughter. You don't cry about the outcome or go in to it not giving your all. If it isn't important and you aren't going to give it your all and play to win, then don't play it. I am not directing this at the girls, just feel it is bad advice from the parent/fan section, and wrong message to be sending to your Team.