CCS Tournament

edge215

I heard and saw the mother telling the Powell forwards to turn and shoot that they "could do it". I thought that was great to hear her cheer on for the forwards of the other team to score. I also heard her REACT to the powell parents that were telling their players to take kat "out". her reaction is understandable.

I did her her say that the team had to "step it up" and everyone had to "do their part", It was a difficult game to watch when there are only a few giving it there all, that game. I dont think Kat ever really stopped giving it her all, I do not know about #14, this is the first I have seen her play. I did hear the COACH tell the girls that they all had to help and do there jobs. On another note the Powell girls have talent, I do feel that they could succeed.

I do agree every game is important. Sometimes though, you just have to take them for what they are.

Success in the rest of the season.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard and saw the mother telling the Powell forwards to turn and shoot that they "could do it". I thought that was great to hear her cheer on for the forwards of the other team to score. I also heard her REACT to the powell parents that were telling their players to take kat "out". her reaction is understandable.

I did her her say that the team had to "step it up" and everyone had to "do their part", It was a difficult game to watch when there are only a few giving it there all, that game. I dont think Kat ever really stopped giving it her all, I do not know about #14, this is the first I have seen her play. I did hear the COACH tell the girls that they all had to help and do there jobs. On another note the Powell girls have talent, I do feel that they could succeed.

I do agree every game is important. Sometimes though, you just have to take them for what they are.

Success in the rest of the season.

That is incorrect, the Powell parents did not tell their players to take her out. They told them to stay with her and mark her.

I totally agree Kat is an outstanding player.

GREAT Tournament, nice fields, one thing I thought could have been better, the admission price, too high.

Just curious, What was the admission fee ?

Also, did Kat's father coach from the sidelines ? Nothing personal against him, just a pet peeve of mine when parent's actual talk positioning/tactics to players on the spectator's sideline, versus true cheering (let the real coach do his job)...and I noticed he did a lot of this at the CCS playday games.... :roflol:

D :flower:

I thought I was watching a U10 game at the CCS playday the way Kat's father was constantly yelling instruction, even go so far as to walk up and down the field just like a coach would.

At the East Hamilton - ND game, I went over to the EH parents to talk to an EH parent at half time. Coach Millard came over to the parents and gave them a nice speech to stop yelling instruction to the girls. I wish more coaches would do that.

Amen to that.

And I'm a parent who is guilty of it from time to time. It's not so bad at a football game where there's enough commotion that the "instruction" is drowned out. But at a soccer game, unfortunately, everyone hears it. Especially bad is when the girls hear it.

I wish I could rig up a stick that would smack me every time I open my mouth.

yeah, that is really terrible, especially when he yells encouragement and compliments the other team. but perhaps he is helpful, and really interested in the team and good play. perhaps he knows a little bit about soccer. i wonder if it is more than conincidence that his daugher is in the U17 National pool? maybe we all should take notes.

ok we're McMinn Central not McMinn County and about the horrible behavior comment,,well im gonna take a wild guess and say just about any player or person is gonna take a swing after being smacked twice and when u have officialls who obviously have no idea when to blow a whistle or give a warning or card you are gonna have complaints as u will with any coach, team, or player anywhere but lets not step outside the lines and down the team because of one incident...they have alot of talent and deserve a little credit... and some players to watch are forwards molly martin and ashley johnson, mids madison young and elizabeth wells, defenders cassie bivens mariah giles tara baxter and madison lee...these girls have alot of talent and will be heard about and make some noise throughout the rest of the season

but lets not step outside the lines and down the team because of one incident...they have alot of talent and deserve a little credit... and some players to watch are forwards molly martin and ashley johnson, mids madison young and elizabeth wells, defenders cassie bivens mariah giles tara baxter and madison lee...these girls have alot of talent and will be heard about and make some noise throughout the rest of the season

To be perfectly honest, I was there just to see what talent was around for the 2011 and 2012 years. As soon as I saw the fight, I lost interest in the team and players. I know that is harsh, but that is the truth. My memory of that game is the fight not the game. Yes, the other players should be recognized, but I think that fight has now labeled that team. I am interested to know what action the coach took against that player after the tournament. Did he do anything to show his team that kind of behavior will not be tolerated? or did he blame it on the ref as so many do ?

It is unacceptable at any level to strike another player.

yeah, that is really terrible, especially when he yells encouragement and compliments the other team. but perhaps he is helpful, and really interested in the team and good play. perhaps he knows a little bit about soccer. i wonder if it is more than conincidence that his daugher is in the U17 National pool? maybe we all should take notes.

I noticed his wife was encouraging the other teams also. Because of the NCAA Rules, I did not approach her at this tournament. But I had found out that they have another daughter that plays for Brentwood Soccer Club, and is as good as #9 and #14, so that tells me something about both parents. I would love to have all 3 girls on my team. With the hard work and talent that I saw this weekend by these 2 girls having a 3rd with all that talent also, is not a coincidence. There should be more parents like them around.

To set the record straight, I DID hear one of the Powell Parents say "Take her out", during that game.

Some college coaches walk away from players because of parents.

I noticed his wife was encouraging the other teams also. Because of the NCAA Rules, I did not approach her at this tournament. But I had found out that they have another daughter that plays for Brentwood Soccer Club, and is as good as #9 and #14, so that tells me something about both parents. I would love to have all 3 girls on my team. With the hard work and talent that I saw this weekend by these 2 girls having a 3rd with all that talent also, is not a coincidence. There should be more parents like them around.

To set the record straight, I DID hear one of the Powell Parents say "Take her out", during that game.

Some college coaches walk away from players because of parents.

So we are supposed to take your word as Gospel, and your hearing is perfect? I stood near the Kat's mom and heard the things she said also, if you was the gentleman with the camera down near the endline, that took your headphones off to try and listen to what was being said, you was way to far away to hear correctly. I talked ot the parents tonite and today from Powell that were near Kat's mom and not one of them said that. It is a shame that we have to defend ourselves for hearsay, when our girls went out and beat their team soundly, while even playing all of our bench. I suppose none of the players on our team are good enough for your College, but for the record, it doesn't matter, the ones that want to play in College already have plenty of interest with offers.

We have nothing but respect for any quality soccer player, but even more respect for those that play as a team player.

It is terrible that any parent fills the need to yell instruction at the same time following your daughter up and down the sideline. Coaching from the sidelines is a huge problem at every level of youth soccer. I don't care if your daughter is the next Mia Hamm. Sit down, yell encouragement to your heart's desire, and enjoy the game.

Please don't defend this behavior, it is annoying as heck to watch the game and have some parent tracking up and down the sideline 'coaching', escpecially in a venue such as the lower field at CCS where there were no stands, just soccer chairs lined up along the sideline, and he is walking up and down the field yelling 'advice' in front of everyone...........if a parent is that great an asset, have him on the coach's side where he belongs.....it is not welcomed by most fans and parents, I am sure...

D :hungry:

I’ve read about all of this that I can handle the thread here is CCS Tourney for those of you who wish to continue to bash a parent of a high school soccer player please start another thread. Maybe call it envious and angry. If the Nigro’s have been asked by their coaches not to coach then I can understand your argument, however, its irrelevant what an opposing fan thinks is appropriate or even an opposing coach. I’ll wager those trashing the Nigro’s believe that one set of fans should never cross mid field and invade the space of the opposing teams fans as if there is some magical barrier to separate fans.

Get a grip