No respect for UC

kylemeek11

Why did you think my post was so funny logger? I know about TC, SP, and JB and they are all great teams as well. I respect them, but I also get tired of the disrespect West TN gets on here. We have some good football too.

that you think one of the team's will prolly be playing in cookville jb is in the west also but the way thay saying jb could meet either of ya also in cookville not saying jb will be there but have a really nice shot of it also

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah, another epic thread. No one cares about why or where your ranked in the fan poll. It only makes you look like more of a jackass when you get upset by someone. On the flip, i'd be more worried about the team winning.

It doesn't matter if their ranked number one in the nation and get beat to get put out of the playoffs or to get in the playoffs. The polls don't mean jack. Plus it's week 3 for goodness sake. Chill

Ther is no one in West Tn can get any respect. IMP let me say i hope this does not affend any one. Before any team in West Tn gets any respect they will have to earn it. West Tn can send the best they have to play in a state championship and come bad home with the silver ball. I know you proud to be there but people you are kidding yourself it you claim to be happy with that silver ball. In the past West Tn has done well on occassions. But till West Tn does it on a steady basic the respect won't come. I know it can't be done ever year. Until West Tn can bring back some gold the respect will not come! Noboby wants to finish second i don't care what people say! I hope i didn't offend anyone! I would like to see West TN do it but till then its the same old story! Good Luck to all ! :thumb:

If you really want to know how a town of 10,000 could only have a high school enrollment under 370 then all you need to do is ask the parents that send their kids to the county schools (OC and SF) why is this. Then you will have your answer, I sent both of my children to UC and very glad now that I did knowing the top of the line education that they received.

Ther is no one in West Tn can get any respect. IMP let me say i hope this does not affend any one. Before any team in West Tn gets any respect they will have to earn it. West Tn can send the best they have to play in a state championship and come bad home with the silver ball. I know you proud to be there but people you are kidding yourself it you claim to be happy with that silver ball. In the past West Tn has done well on occassions. But till West Tn does it on a steady basic the respect won't come. I know it can't be done ever year. Until West Tn can bring back some gold the respect will not come! Noboby wants to finish second i don't care what people say! I hope i didn't offend anyone! I would like to see West TN do it but till then its the same old story! Good Luck to all ! :wacko:

Ricky Bobby say's if your not first your last :thumb:

Ther is no one in West Tn can get any respect. IMP let me say i hope this does not affend any one. Before any team in West Tn gets any respect they will have to earn it. West Tn can send the best they have to play in a state championship and come bad home with the silver ball. I know you proud to be there but people you are kidding yourself it you claim to be happy with that silver ball. In the past West Tn has done well on occassions. But till West Tn does it on a steady basic the respect won't come. I know it can't be done ever year. Until West Tn can bring back some gold the respect will not come! Noboby wants to finish second i don't care what people say! I hope i didn't offend anyone! I would like to see West TN do it but till then its the same old story! Good Luck to all ! :thumb:

No offense, but using your same logic outside of a handful of teams in middle and east tn no one on that side of the state deserves any respect either. If only the team that brings home the gold ball is deserving of respect then everyone else doesn't regardless of what part of the state they are in.

It is very easy to look and see who wins a state championship and make a blanket statement that the best football is played in that part of the state. I have seen west tn teams win state championships and I have seen west tn teams get blowed off the field in the championship game. I have also seen middle and east tn teams get trounced in the finals too.

I agree respect is earned on the field, but it is not just from winning. Milan and Huntingdon(for example) respect each others program regardless of who wins or by how much. Both towns know that it doesn't matter who has the better team that year, it matters who has a better team that night.

High school football is alive and well in Tennessee throughout the state. No one should ever take an AP poll, fan poll, barbershop poll, or exit poll after a game as anything more than someone elses opinion. Opinions are like something else, everyone has one!!

UC should do very well in 1A. Never understood how a town that size(around 10,000) has so few students in the last few years. Wasn't meaning that as a slight, was really wondering. I feel they could(and have in the past) compete very well at a higher classification. Anyway, this week should be a good one between UC and Huntingdon. These two might be the best in 1A in West Tn and both have a shot to do very well in the playoffs. One of them most probably will represent West Tn in Cookeville IMO. Would be a great game to watch! I have no idea who I think will win at this point. Good luck to both teams.

The county school, Obion County Central High, is in a town of 3000 (maybe) and has close to 1000 students. There's a 3rd high school in Obion County in South Fulton who take another ~290 students. Plus, Union City's population is determined on how Goodyear is doing. A lot of families move in and out every year due to transfers and the massive amount of layoffs Goodyear has been doing for years.

As for classification, in the mid to late 90s UC would've been a 3A team with this new classification system but due to diminishing population and the new classification changes they are 1A now.

As for the game Friday, I'm excited that the rivalry will be renewed. When I was at UC our toughest games were against Huntingdon. I hope both towns remember the old games and bring huge crowds!

um...

Jo byrns last years state runner up, didnt lose many, sounds reasonable to vote them high.

South Pittsburgh-won state champ 2 years ago(i think)last year lost to the state champion by like 2 points or somethin-sounds reasonable.

Union city-hasnt been to successful come playoff the last few years. Peabody was also 2-8 last year, dont think they are to much of an opponent. dont know much about the KY team.

I know nothing about union city, as well as most people that keep up with middle tennessee football. All I, and probably most know is when yall made it to the state championship and got completely smashed by a middle tennessee team, trousdale county.

There are a few teams that deserve to be up there...so that would make UC 4th, atleast...not 8th. That was my argument. I never said they deserve to be #1, I just said not #8.

Gah, another epic thread. No one cares about why or where your ranked in the fan poll. It only makes you look like more of a jackass when you get upset by someone. On the flip, i'd be more worried about the team winning.

It doesn't matter if their ranked number one in the nation and get beat to get put out of the playoffs or to get in the playoffs. The polls don't mean jack. Plus it's week 3 for goodness sake. Chill

I it was a joke, you seem to be getting more upset about it than me, and I'm the one who started the thread...sorry you took it so personally.

No disrespect, but it sounds like some ppl think Jo Byrns is in West TN and they are not. They are a quality program, but not on our side of the river, just to clear that up in case there was any confusion.

I guess it's hard for some people to a read map. That concept of using the big river that separates W. and M. Tenn. as a dividing line must be confusing.

No disrespect, but it sounds like some ppl think Jo Byrns is in West TN and they are not. They are a quality program, but not on our side of the river, just to clear that up in case there was any confusion.

who repesented the west last year in the championship game,,,,jb did because thay game out of the west bracket,,,and thay are considered a west team not sure where you got your info at but jb is in the west bracket not sure after the change