Rankings Week 3 for 9/7-9/13

mjuhb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you seeking to defend your coach's poor sportsmanship with ND injuries as evidence?

Not at all just somewhat shocked to see all the girls in knee braces and curious how it happened. I would defiantly say you have been hit hard by injuries.

I’m sure if the coach feels she needs to defender herself she will. But I doubt it would be on the message boards. I’m sure it would be direct to the ND coach. But I doubt that will happen just because of the running up of the score in both games last year. Sportsmanship is a two-way street. This is just my opinion which I’m sure no ND fan will like. I’m not trying justifying anything….

Good luck with the rest of the season, I hope we will meet again in the playoffs.

RR

1. I have no dog in this fight.

2. There is a difference in reporting and a story

3. I haven't (nor plan to ) read the paper from that night

4. The posters seem to share that a story was written.

5. We'll never know but it certainly makes more fodder for Coach T

Have a great season...stay away from the reporters. By the way, they no longer write things down, they use a recorder. Your showing your age.

Here is the story. It would take an 8th grader about 45 seconds to read it.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2009/sep ... o-deficit/

First, I would like to say some of us are just envious that a reporter is actually covering a soccer game, much less getting quotes from anybody. East Tennessee always seems to get a fair amount of coverage for high school soccer. In Middle Tennessee, traditionally a hotbed for strong soccer teams, we're lucky to get much more than a box score if even that. It improves a little in the post season, but it's just sad that a bad football team gets more press than even the best soccer team. As someone else said, I don't know anything about the particular game or coach or reporter that sparked this discussion. But it's been our experience that more often than not, the reporters that are sent to cover a soccer game just aren't that knowledgeable about the game. I don't think they are misreporting as much as they don't always understand what it is they saw.

You guys are killing me.

If you didn't attend the games last year or the one Tuesday and you haven't read the story - in particular the direct quote about ND playing dirty - please read more and post less. The over-the-top generalizations and assumptions about ND and reporters are just silly.

SM is much improved and will continue to get better. Their girls played hard and it's a shame their coach chose to muddy the water with her comments to players and a reporter.

All it did was take the focus away from the kids in what was a hard-fought game on both sides of the ball.

"It's better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

SMEAGLE- I have to admit I was a little taken back by the Signal Mountain coach's quote in the paper today- "We were prepared for Notre Dame to be physical and for it to not always be clean soccer, but I told my girls not to retaliate in a negative manner.".....Give me a break !!!!!!!! :hungry:

D :thumb:

Sorry but I don't understand all the up roar over this quote. ND is a physical team and will do whatever they need to do or what the refs will allow, to win. That could be said for any elite team. Someone earlier poster that coach Jim expects his players to push the physical play to see what the refs will allow and what they will not allow (And I agree with that statement….I’ve played against Coach Jim in the adult league and he plays like he coaches).

But, Don’t have a cow when someone calls you out on it. I didn’t take that quote to mean that ND plays “dirty”.

Here’s an example: When Soddy played ND earlier I counted 5 fouls that were committed by ND players for tackling from behind. 3 were whistled by the ref and 2 were not called because of advantage. Is this “clean play”? No…..But the ND players were just being physical, doing what they needed to do to win, doing what the ref would allow. Had the ref cautioned one of the tackles, the tackling from behind would have stopped.