TSSAA probes Riverdale!!!

fmrqb02

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fmrqb02: Answers are just a quick phone call away.

And then you will be privedged to learn exactly ONE side of the argument! dry.gif

There was a Country Western singer back in the 1960's named Stonewall Jackson (like the Confederate General) that had a song about this hopefully......"I'm going back to Alabam" and yes he left the last A off. I just wish we could have left an A off! :)

you know i think it is so funny how RIVERDALE is the one always being attacked for recruiting HOWEVER we have had many basketball several baseball and a few football players leave our school and go somewhere else and NOTHING is ever mentioned heck we lost 2 starters form our basketball team to siegle just last year but of course there was no recruiting involved we lost a football player this year to blackman and nothing was said there was a girl on the blackman state tournament team that should have been at RIVERDALE and we lost a baseball player to blackman and oakland and nothing is said but the minute something happens at RIVERDALE here they come but thats ok keep coming and eventually like in basketball you can get us a some small violation and punish the kids WITH WHATEVER SANCTIONS that come our way if any

GO RIVERDALE WARRIORS

I read the article yesterday on the DNJ online site along with the comments that were put on it by various readers. One of the folk that commented about 6 times was UAB77, whom I assume was Devinner himself . The wording used was in 1st person and he gave lots of info and made many personal accusations. He referred to Coach A as "Metro Ron" and Coach Hankins as "Hothead Hankins." These were the exact two names a poster from CoachT used when "defending" the guy in a prior thread. Now you tell me why he should get respect on here when he got on another board and didn't respect either of these two coaches at Riverdale? You can still see where there were 13 comments, but you can no longer pull them up. When I read them, there were like 10, no clue what else was said later. I figured the DNJ took a look and realized that things had crossed the line and they might end up in court if they allowed the posts to remain. This to me shows that Devinner isn't using such good judgement. He needs to let the TSSAA do their job and quit sending the DNJ emails, calling TV stations, and posting remarks on HERE and on the DNJ site.

There are allegations of recruiting from one public school to another and there is a simple way to stop it all. . . you go to the school that serves the area where you live. No jumping boundaries. Period. End of statement. Everybody got all upset because the private schools can recruit and there is some recruiting going on in a few spots in the state. (Reference the kid who has played at at least three schools in metro Memphis). But it's real easy to end! If you don't like the school that serves the area in which you reside, move and actually establish residence there.

There are allegations of recruiting from one public school to another and there is a simple way to stop it all. . . you go to the school that serves the area where you live. No jumping boundaries. Period. End of statement. Everybody got all upset because the private schools can recruit and there is some recruiting going on in a few spots in the state. (Reference the kid who has played at at least three schools in metro Memphis). But it's real easy to end! If you don't like the school that serves the area in which you reside, move and actually establish residence there.

Only problem with it is the fact that Murfreesboro has four 6A sized schools inside the one city. County School Super has decided ONE should be open zoned and is able to take kids from ANY zone provided they 'need' a special class the open zoned school provides. Until ALL the schools are considered open zoned or all are closed zone then there will be problems. Or until the Super is removed in the next election (which IS a possibility)!

I read the article yesterday on the DNJ online site along with the comments that were put on it by various readers. One of the folk that commented about 6 times was UAB77, whom I assume was Devinner himself . The wording used was in 1st person and he gave lots of info and made many personal accusations. He referred to Coach A as "Metro Ron" and Coach Hankins as "Hothead Hankins." These were the exact two names a poster from CoachT used when "defending" the guy in a prior thread. Now you tell me why he should get respect on here when he got on another board and didn't respect either of these two coaches at Riverdale? You can still see where there were 13 comments, but you can no longer pull them up. When I read them, there were like 10, no clue what else was said later. I figured the DNJ took a look and realized that things had crossed the line and they might end up in court if they allowed the posts to remain. This to me shows that Devinner isn't using such good judgement. He needs to let the TSSAA do their job and quit sending the DNJ emails, calling TV stations, and posting remarks on HERE and on the DNJ site.

Devinner is a waste of everyone's time. He literally was the water guy. Anyone that has been around football watches the coaches as much as the game. The sidelines is one of the places that the game inside the game happens. This guy was never coaching anyone. He would squirt water in mouths and talk to kids and try to act like he was a coach. He is a joke with no honor. And I dont need to make any phone calls or have any conversations with anyone to know it. I've seen his role with my own eyes.

LOD, if you are referring to Oakland as the "one is open zoned" I would like to address that. If not, then I am clarifying for anyone else who felt, as I did, that you were. Regardless, no disrespect is intended by my post.

Oakland was certified almost 2 years ago as an International Baccalaureate school. As such, it is open to all county students qualifying for the IB program. Oakland is allowed to recruit students for the IB program ONLY. I am not sure how that affects athletic eligibility of qualifying students. Oakland also has the lowest enrollment of the 4 Murfreesboro 6A schools and the 6 Rutherford County 6A schools. To help alleviate some of the overcrowding in the other area schools and to boost the enrollment, Oakland became an "open zone" school, which means any student living in the county may attend.

I'm sure I have probably just opened a whole other can of worms but I felt the need to defend our school.

LOD, if you are referring to Oakland as the "one is open zoned" I would like to address that. If not, then I am clarifying for anyone else who felt, as I did, that you were. Regardless, no disrespect is intended by my post.

Oakland was certified almost 2 years ago as an International Baccalaureate school. As such, it is open to all county students qualifying for the IB program. Oakland is allowed to recruit students for the IB program ONLY. I am not sure how that affects athletic eligibility of qualifying students. Oakland also has the lowest enrollment of the 4 Murfreesboro 6A schools and the 6 Rutherford County 6A schools. To help alleviate some of the overcrowding in the other area schools and to boost the enrollment, Oakland became an "open zone" school, which means any student living in the county may attend.

I'm sure I have probably just opened a whole other can of worms but I felt the need to defend our school.

Nope Blackman became an 'open zone' this year and is the one I was talking about. Oakland is NOT getting any out of zone football players. Blackman IS!

BTW if anyone wants to say Howdy, I will be at the game. Gotta have a DOG! I may even break out the lucky 'hat' so 2P can find me! :hungry: