South Greene @ Greeneville

lastyear21

Is there something in the water in Greeneville that is different from the county. I don't see the big difference in talent. Gville has nicer facilities and that is all. All of these boys come from the same small town and county its just Gville thinks they are on a pedestal. It is a long way down when you get knocked off of it.

It's not that there's such a big difference in talent, but because they are better funded and have a much bigger talent pool, they have a definite advantage. Take for example the coaching staff, the large number of feeder schools allows a more specialized coaching staff as they can pull guys from the middle and elementary school programs to help with individual development and specialized coaching. Coaches Baugh and McCall are good examples of this. The new training facilities are also a contributing factor. And like it or not Greeneville's reputation as a winning program with first class facilities combined with its open-enrollment policy attracts talent from the surounding area. It's not that we think we are better, but we do have the necessary tools to build a premier program and so far until one of out neighbors beats us we will maintain our gridiron superiority.

well said barb...will you be at good ole burley for this matchup???

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who says Gville is gonna win is full of it...... it MAY be a close game but most likely the rebels are gonna kick tail... devils are in for a long rainy night...SG average points is 49.5 ...I say they break the average tomorrow night

Greeneville hasn't given up 49.5 points total in all 3 of its games combined....including 2 undefeated top 10 teams. Considering South put up 67 on the bloodbath with NG and 55 in a losing battle with CG, that's not really saying a lot since neither team had a very good defensive showing. This is such a lame stat to quote given the number of points South's D gave up in just 1 game. The Rebel player know exactly the monumental task defeating Greeneville at Burley is going to be....and so do most of the South fans. I'm sure everyone will be prepared for the game....and as far as the rain goes, the rug drains well...Go Devils :roflol:

anyone who says Gville is gonna win is full of it...... it MAY be a close game but most likely the rebels are gonna kick tail... devils are in for a long rainy night...SG average points is 49.5 ...I say they break the average tomorrow night

dude glad ya have faith but get real...Devils will destroy Sg...

I don't know what kind of game this footballfan91 is playing but i just read his post history and I think he's a greeneville fan... HOWEVER, there haven't been a lot of SG fans predicting a win...just a lot of if's and but's....

Its so nice hearing all the talk around G-ville about the game. For the most part its people saying & hoping SG wins"NOT" look people lets be real. south greene is good but can not play at the level of the DEVILS and you know this. its fun to want a good game and cheer for your team but come on... the "DEVILS WILL WIN BIG" not cause of money but cause we play football at a level the county schools are not ready for. DEAL-WIT-IT......

Its so nice hearing all the talk around G-ville about the game. For the most part its people saying & hoping SG wins"NOT" look people lets be real. south greene is good but can not play at the level of the DEVILS and you know this. its fun to want a good game and cheer for your team but come on... the "DEVILS WILL WIN BIG" not cause of money but cause we play football at a level the county schools are not ready for. DEAL-WIT-IT......

You must be listening to talk in GHS halls and cafeteria because everybody else in Greene county is pulling for the Rebels, at least for tomorrow night. If SG is so below your level and you happen to lose, I guess you will have to DEAL-WIT-IT..... :mrgreen: