South Greene @ Greeneville

lastyear21

Whats going to be the excuse this Friday when TN High beat you all. I never said you was scared to play anybody. I just said you are not going to beat anybody outside your conference!!

You wont hear any excuses from me if TN High wins. TN High has a good football team this year and always has a good team. So i guess Greenevilles win over Jeff Co. doesn't count as a out of conference win? You try to come on here and stir stuff up but what you say holds nothing

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You drop down because you knew that you could not beat Morristown West and Maryville, and it will be the same in this year playoff. You can not beat anyone outside of the your confrence.

Man you are kinda dense aren't you....this statement actually does insinuate our reason for NOT PLAYING UP was because we were afraid of MoWest and Maryville.....man thats just plain stupid. Greeneville hasn't backed down from anything....we started last season with the same record 1-2 and went on to run the 5 Rivers, substate and quarterfinals. I would rather lose close games to superior opponents and be ready for the tough competition post-season than to win cream-puff games early to pad my record just to make my fans feel all warm and fuzzy.

I thought Gville did move down to make the fans feel all warm and fuzzy. Did the coach not say something like that when it came out in the paper. I know not in those exact words but it was pretty much saying drop down in to a lower class so we can win every year and keep the fans happy. :thumb:

First, the term "drop down" doesn't apply. Greeneville played up for the past what? 25 years? Second, they are now playing in their assigned class according to enrollment size. Third, had TSSAA not changed the way they classify schools, Greeneville would still be playing 4A. Had they chosen to continue playing "up", they would be playing schools like Riverdale, Oakland, Germantown, etc. So, all of you whiners can stop that stuff now.

Hey Barb, wanna go catch the JV game tonight. I haven't seen 'em yet, but I'm headed out the door now. I heard they have 4 or 5 on JV that can flat out play football.

First, the term "drop down" doesn't apply. Greeneville played up for the past what? 25 years? Second, they are now playing in their assigned class according to enrollment size. Third, had TSSAA not changed the way they classify schools, Greeneville would still be playing 4A. Had they chosen to continue playing "up", they would be playing schools like Riverdale, Oakland, Germantown, etc. So, all of you whiners can stop that stuff now.

Hey Barb, wanna go catch the JV game tonight. I haven't seen 'em yet, but I'm headed out the door now. I heard they have 4 or 5 on JV that can flat out play football.

Naw hunny, i'm bakin' up a batch of my special peanut butter banana bread for the zebras on Friday....but I can hear the PA from my back porch if the announcers show up in the rain and if not i'll just listen for the size of the cheer and keep score that way.

You drop down because you knew that you could not beat Morristown West and Maryville, and it will be the same in this year playoff. You can not beat anyone outside of the your confrence.

Man you are kinda dense aren't you....this statement actually does insinuate our reason for NOT PLAYING UP was because we were afraid of MoWest and Maryville.....man thats just plain stupid. Greeneville hasn't backed down from anything....we started last season with the same record 1-2 and went on to run the 5 Rivers, substate and quarterfinals. I would rather lose close games to superior opponents and be ready for the tough competition post-season than to win cream-puff games early to pad my record just to make my fans feel all warm and fuzzy.

I thought Gville did move down to make the fans feel all warm and fuzzy. Did the coach not say something like that when it came out in the paper. I know not in those exact words but it was pretty much saying drop down in to a lower class so we can win every year and keep the fans happy. :thumb:

maybe but you might also remember we asked to be assigned to region 1 because we thought it would be more competitive....it would have been a good fit and given region 1 an automatic bid to the 4a play-offs that they don't have because they currently only have 1 4a team.

The Z plan requires all sports to follow the same classification. In the old plan a school could choose to play up in 1 sport but not in others. Betsy was a good example of this. While Greeneville played up in all sports, some sports, like soccer suffered because of the larger talent pool of the metro area schools. The decision to play at our assigned classification was made ultimately to allow parity for all of greeneville's sports...not just to make the football fans happy.

heavyc wat team do u pull for?

I don't just pull for one I pull for all teams. I been to Greeneville games, I been to Jefferson County games, I been to West Greene games. I don't mean to make anyone mad, but from what I seen watching these team play. Greeneville beat Jeff that has really struggle this year. They beat South Greene which is on the rise but not up to greeneville standard. I think they will beat a West Greene team that is on the rise also. I'm gald to see you playing tough out conf. teams, but I think by playing the team in your conf. that is not up to your level will hurt you in the long run. I just get tried of hearing how good Greeneville is compared to the county schools. Everybody know that you are much better then the county teams. They just don't what to give your team all the hype. I mean West Greene has come along way and all everybody does is find a way to put Joe Case and his team down same at all the county school. I think a county with that many high school would cheer for ecah other when not playing each other.

heavyc wat team do u pull for?

I don't just pull for one I pull for all teams. I been to Greeneville games, I been to Jefferson County games, I been to West Greene games. I don't mean to make anyone mad, but from what I seen watching these team play. Greeneville beat Jeff that has really struggle this year. They beat South Greene which is on the rise but not up to greeneville standard. I think they will beat a West Greene team that is on the rise also. I'm gald to see you playing tough out conf. teams, but I think by playing the team in your conf. that is not up to your level will hurt you in the long run. I just get tried of hearing how good Greeneville is compared to the county schools. Everybody know that you are much better then the county teams. They just don't what to give your team all the hype. I mean West Greene has come along way and all everybody does is find a way to put Joe Case and his team down same at all the county school. I think a county with that many high school would cheer for ecah other when not playing each other.

Very good statement. I agree with everything you said. I pull for all the county schools when playing someone besides the Devils. Even being a Greeneville fan, I really hope the county schools will continue to improve to the point that the region champ will come down to the last regular season game or two. Then, you know you have a strong conference and you are best prepared for the playoffs that way. With that said, its going to mean more than just coaches and athletes. It takes a commitment from all facets of the administration from top to bottom. I think the jury is still out on all the schools in Greene County, including GHS, whether or not they can compete at the state level. When so called "educators" try to play big-time politics, somebody is going to be left holding the bag. Peace, out.

Yeah i hear that the "little" Stewart brother will be competing for the starting QB job next year, plus they have some size coming up to.

Yeah i hear that the "little" Stewart brother will be competing for the starting QB job next year, plus they have some size coming up to.

I look forward in seeing the upcoming players...I think the devils only get better from here with talent...