South Pittsburg at Signal

A few house keeping items. Game time is 7pm est. so 6pm South Pitt time. Visitors’ bleachers hold 1,000 and home side currently holds 1200 with expansion to 2200 coming soon. Also coming soon will be permanent looker rooms with restrooms, so that means for now port-o-potties and there are several on the visitors side. Parking is somewhat limited we had almost 3300 for the first game and were able to accommodate everyone. But it is a long walk from the lower soccer parking lot. It is advisable to carpool if possible. Parking is $3.00 and the gate is $6.00 per person correct change always makes the lines move faster. Concessions on both sides, burgers, hotdogs, nachos, popcorn and drinks are sold in the buildings and there are tents beside the buildings that also sell drinks and candy, no candy sold in buildings only at tents (this is important for the young ones). There is plenty of standing room around the track which is gravel but weather permitting might get paved before Friday at least that was the goal, I think rain last week put them behind.

Now for the game, SP is the program that all schools envy and want to become, great results year in and year out and great fan support. SM is the new kid on the block that is trying to establish a good program out of the gate and so far we have had great fan support with good results. All of this equals a good spirited battle with a raucous crowd, which means it will be an awesome atmosphere. I can’t wait……….

I thought it was a TSSAA rule that you could not charge for parking? You can only ask for donations I do believe...Might want to check into that

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a TSSAA rule that you could not charge for parking? You can only ask for donations I do believe...Might want to check into that

There are a lot of schools that charge for parking and a lot that ask for donations. Nothing on the TSSAA website about it that I can find. I'm sure the school administrators know. I also know if you go up to Knoxville for a game some schools are charging $7.00 to get in. I think this max is set by the TSSAA but cant find it either. Oh well Sequatchie asked for donations and I gave $5.00 it goes to help the programs out. At SM the money goes to the band.

Earlier today i was in the area of SM and decided to stop by and see what kind of parking and seating they have to offer. With the way all the SP fans travel everybody might want to consider leaving a lil early, and the carpool idea might not be such a bad idea either, because there is some upper level parking and some lower that I would think will fill up pretty fast. As for the seating, it should be pretty comfortable with new meatl bleachers. Their field was also pretty nice, it is off tucked away in the woods by itself. It should make for a good atmosphere come game night. :|

Now as for the game I am excited! Because some signal fans seem to think our boys just forgot how to play fuseball or something, all I can say is dream on baby. SP is not some push over that has just went out like yesterdays trash. They will make their presence known when the whistle blows and some peoples feelings will be hurt. Not only will SP's offense score big but the defense will make SM's offense pay. Hey guys we can bring a load of the SP shirt to game and sell them to the signal folks at half time, they are more than comfortable, they even give you a kind of pride. Maybe those big brothers on here will be a good sport and by one for their little bros.

first of all for all of you saying signal is a bad team because of the lookut valley game and saying were not dicipline and coach bad, then you tell me why they had injuries every play of the third and fourth quarter. because it seems to me no other team is in as great shape as signal and they want to lay down to get a break. and second of all for all of you saying that south pitt is going to be a blowout then you got another thing coming for you. you call us city folks? well come on the mountain and we will show you how some good ole boys will do it. signal isnt as quick as south pitt but i can guarantee they will lay you out and they will smash your mouth on offense and run it down your throat. yeah marion is good but do you actually think they have the power that signal does? signal has boys that rep south pitts maxes in sets of ten. so yall get over confident like you say your not but your very very confident on here. yall will get whats coming to you. third if you do beat signal then i would bet everything i own that yall will get beat in the playoffs like yall always do. i predict signal 48 sp 14.

:|

Sounds like the EXECUTION was a little better Friday night. Well are the Pirates even going to show up this Friday? Sounds like you're going into a hostile environment.... and we all know you've never been in that type of situation before!!! :| SP's experience goes a long way in this game. SM hasn't seen anything yet that is comparable to what will be coming up the Mtn. this week. Run it down your throat Pirates? I'll have to see it to believe it. Yallaintnuttin, there's an old saying that goes... if you mess with the bull, you may get the horns! Little brother and co. may not want you writing checks their butts can't cash. Just some food for thought! Should be a fun week on this thread. :!:

i will be on here dont worry bout that. yall are going to be surprised, believe it or not we are hungry to hurt some people we hope you can keep up to the pace we will be at. and you say that yall aint over confident well yall are very confident on here and i just want to see if your boys have the big head like yall do. and no i am not in high school i am one of the players older brothers representing them.

Not in high school? No kidding. Sounds like you've never been, grammer king! I'm sure SM is very proud that you have their back.

Pirates roll in this one !!! :roflol:

Our offense was hitting on all cylinders last night and even though the score doesn't show it Cascade is a better team than jasper.

:roflol::D:flower: Keep blowing that smoke Zonnie............I know it is hard for you to admit that Marion's defense is pretty good.........I guess Cascades offense could be better since they scored 14, but in no way there defense is since they obviously couldn't get any pressure........Keep throwing those pot shots :flower:

Just an honest opinion...nothing more. Our execution was so much better against Cascade it makes jasper seem like they were a better team than them...our offensive execution against jasper was the worst I have seen in years. Now the question is.... how will we be at Signal?????

i will be on here dont worry bout that. yall are going to be surprised, believe it or not we are hungry to hurt some people we hope you can keep up to the pace we will be at. and you say that yall aint over confident well yall are very confident on here and i just want to see if your boys have the big head like yall do. and no i am not in high school i am one of the players older brothers representing them.

Didn't you guys (SP) just go down a similar road in the not so distant past? Like two weeks ago? I don't think it worked out too well for Warrior2009 and his little brother. Keep up with the pace you guys (SM) are at? You don't take a jack to the Kentucky Derby. These thoroughbreds will be ready. The question is.... can you keep up?