Lincoln Co. Vs. Tullahoma

falcon039

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after tonight either the Falcons or the Wildcats will have their first district win...with the soggy field and more rain forecast it ain't gonna be pretty....

BUT...I'm gonna get my oilskins, leggings, sou'wester, sea-boots, and maybe a pint o' grog to keep the chill off, and I'm gonna head to Tullahoma in a few hours to watch some Falcon football!!!

Ya gotta love it!!!

Lincoln Co. is the most poorly coached team I have ever seen. I dont fully blame Coach Thompson. He probably has the worst coaching staff in the state. Kids continue to take the blame from the coaches, but they are just poorly coached. Even less talented teams can play fundamently sound football and be compeitive. This isnt a very talented team,but they are also very poorly coached. The last few years have been very average at best. Without a great player or two the last couple of years, LC would be winless those years also. Keep blaming the players, coaches, and those of you who keep praising coach Thompson, keep praising him. THe rest of us that love and support Falcon football will continue to watch the Falcons go backwards. Please, somebody step up for these kids. The few players that love the game deserve better!

My senior year I played on a team that went 0-10. There was no internet back then, so any carping about the coaches or players stayed private. That season certainly wasn't the best time of my life, but it was a good time, because I was playing football with my friends and schoolmates. I respected the coaches (in retrospect they were close to incompetent, but ignorance can be bliss) and I respected my teammates. Had the internet existed back then and I was able to read posts from adults and players trashing the coaches, I probably would have joined in. Almost nothing would have changed, though, because anonymous carping can't change anything, except the attitudes of the players. I wouldn't have respected the coaches and some of my teammates, and I wouldn't remember it as fondly as I do. My attitude and the attitudes of a lot of my teammates would have been the only casualties.

There are a lot of games left, Falcons. Give it all you have!

It wasn't pretty, but it was a win. Coach Olive was 0-4 against Lincoln Co going into this game with Lincoln Co. I thought the offensive line play was good and Zach Bryson gained 260 yards on over 30 carries as the Cats grind out the win on a sloppy Saturday night. Cale Greenway scored the first rushing td and the first passing td in the first game ever in the new Wilkins Stadium. Tullahoma has got a little momentum going with 2 straight wins to improve their record to 2-3 and 1-1 in district play. The Cats host Warren Co Friday nite in their homecoming game. I really appreciate all the workers, who were out in the rain most of the week, trying to get the stadium ready. These guys worked until almost kick-off time. I thought Lincoln Co played hard and got some bad breaks with 2 long touchdowns called back because of penalties and when things go wrong for a program, it seems to snowball. It didn't seem to me there was a big difference in talent. These kids have been playing each other since middle school and and the games at each level have been close. Every school has a down cycle and the Falcons have had more ups than downs, but the Cats were due to finally beat Lincoln Co. Coach Olive told me a few months ago that the Lincoln Co coaches do a better job defensively against the Cats offense than most coaching staffs do since he's been the head coach. That's a big compliment. Lincoln Co will have better days, but it won't start next Friday with Oakland. Considering all the rain, the field held up really well. Congratulations to Tullahoma for a sweet victory, 24-14, that was a long time coming.

Come on Jabbo I know you are one of the coaches and you dont like what is being said but the truth hurts and Lincoln County is terrible and it is no ones fault except the coaches. The players have not been taught what it takes to at least win a game or two. The players deserve better!!!!!!!!!! I see another 0-10 season in the making. Lets get the coach from ninth grade academy.

Come on Jabbo I know you are one of the coaches and you dont like what is being said but the truth hurts and Lincoln County is terrible and it is no ones fault except the coaches. The players have not been taught what it takes to at least win a game or two. The players deserve better!!!!!!!!!! I see another 0-10 season in the making. Lets get the coach from ninth grade academy.

I'm not a coach - I know a couple of the coaches by name only. I work in Alabama. You seem to think I'm defending the coaches - I'm not...re-read my posts a bit more carefully and you'll see I'm defending the players, since they are the only ones that are affected by this crap.