Cookeville @ Cumberland Co.

jetpride6

Heard Cookeville got out of school yesterday with flash flood warnings. Its nasty on the Plateau, raining like crazy. Should make for some interesting football come friday night. King 21 I finally agree with you about something. Defense does win, I give your coach credit for calling a fade on 4th and goal from the 18 with only a 2 point lead and 2:30 to go in the game. we only would have needed a fg to win.. pretty gutsy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CCHS - Cookeville football game has been moved across the street to Martin Elementary. It will now kick off at 5:30 pm. The field conditions at CCHS are not safe for play at this time.

The Jets have two weeks before their next home game vs. Warren Co. Everything will be fine by then.

Why is the game starting at 5.30 pm? Does the field have lights? Seating capacity? Not sure about playing on a junior high/elementary school field. Just was not sure what to expect.

My only worry is the seating capacity. It's so much less than the high school's seating capacity.

Some, if not most, will probably want to bring chairs... I know why Martin was chosen, being so close to fieldhouse, CCHS, and such... I wonder if the SMHS field was ever considered, with them on road this week, it is open... Inclement weather may keep crowd down.?. It is just sad that this a Region, rivalry, and big game has to be played at a place where there is no way, enough seating... and so Elementary..

With all that said, on the positive side: packing the fans in such a tighter area and closer to field may make for a better atmosphere.?.