Greenfield at Trenton

JungleJim125

Peabody and the Jackets go at it Friday night. Will Peabody get in the win column or will the Jackets take it to Peabody. Lets hear your thoughts and predections or who will take this one. In time Peabody will have a good football team alot of good freshman. Most of them are playing this year but i still think they will defeat the Jackets in a close one.

Wrong zebra99, NO Freshman are on the field on Friday nights. Not one. And very few Soph. are playing. This team is top heavy with Jrs. and a few Seniors. Try talking about something or someone you have a clue about.

Peabody 27

Greenfield 12

and yet they still don't win!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing meant towards you Puff. A football conversation is always great. You know I bleed black and gold and its so frustrating knowing there is better talent than whats showing. i dont mean a state run every year, but gee we should win 5 games every year without a problem. there was so much talent there when i was there 2000-2004 it just wasnt untilized right. Didnt want you to think that i meant anything bad towards you. Let's roll tide!

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Doesn't make me right.

This season is not over. This team will win 5 games I think, maybe 6. We will win this week. Milan is better. But then we get Halls, Lake County, South Fulton, Humboldt, Gibson County in some order. We could win all of those. Good luck to the football players and coaches.

So you are telling me that we have not had any decent players in the last 15 years? Youre telling me that from 91 or whenever it was to the 07 game they had absolutely no talent to make it deep into the playoffs? No arguing that goodpasture was better but scott and them could have had a heck of a better game plan that what they had..realizing that goodpasture was faster than any team they played before. What i said about the quarterback this year and last year meaning lumelly last year and rogers this year. I follow the team and can tell you the quartberbacks running backs whatever you wanna know for the last 15 years. i guarantee you if you ask 95% of trenton they say scott and his sorry staff needs to go. Replying to you saying that one of them have helped me..actually no i never had not one of those guys as a teacher and when I played none of that staff was there besides scott. Nobody can come to trenton because they tear up applications ala the mississippi coach who won a few 5a state titles. just ask mrs sherry whitbys husband about that. Jerry rogers/todd lumely/kendall harper/(mike schoonover/terry harper/aaron hinson all one year) Peyton harper/marc mccall/ Jay jewell/trent willis i think is his last name/Frederick agee. Shall i name the running backs? i didnt miss a game up until last season about week 5 after I seen the way scott and them were calling it. listening to the my headphone/radio in the stands one night against dresden you could hear lumelly and other coaches saying had they been listening to us the whole dam* game we would be up by 3 touchdowns. just frustrating knowing we have talent but scott and them act like we have middle school kids out there every week.

I guess I will put my 2 cents in on this. Trenton has always had the unfortunate luck of being in one of the toughest regions in the entire state. Most years, you were at best the 5th best team in a very good region. It didn't matter who your coach was. You were not going to beat Milan, Westview, Huntingdon (the years they were in the region), and even Humboldt many years. I understand that everyone wants to win, but many times fans overestimate their talent.

Nothing meant towards you Puff. A football conversation is always great. You know I bleed black and gold and its so frustrating knowing there is better talent than whats showing. i dont mean a state run every year, but gee we should win 5 games every year without a problem. there was so much talent there when i was there 2000-2004 it just wasnt untilized right. Didnt want you to think that i meant anything bad towards you. Let's roll tide!

You did have a lot of talent those years, but Milan, Westview, Huntindgon, and Humboldt for the most part were better. You did well to be as competitive as you were.

Yes, Trenton has had some good players in the past 20 years. But it takes more than a couple of players, it takes a TEAM! A team is only as good or bad as its weakest link. 2007 was a great TEAM with great players. If Zebra and Bulldog played ball they should know this.

As far as the Freshman team Zebra, who knows, maybe they will be the next group with the right mix and work ethic. Maybe they will fall short of the hype. They have good players, but will they be a good TEAM when the time comes? Lets let them play a game this year before we pin our hopes and dreams to them for Gods sake! :roflol:

I agree with most of what u say but let me tell u something. If Zebra had played football i was playing football years before u were born my friend. I played back in the Big Ten Conference there are people on here remember the Big Ten, Volunteer and Reelfoot conferences. The Big Ten were considered the big boys. I know the game been around it 50 plus years and maybe to much pressure has been put on Peabody. I relize the Region they played in the last few years no tougher Region any where! Lets play this season and i believe with the talent Peabody has comung up the should be ok! If Scott can't win with the kids coming up the something needs to be done! Ask anyone old enough to remember the Big Ten Conference they will tell u it was brutal no easy teams. Teams like Brownsville, Jackson,Dburg, Covington, HBT just to name a few! I know and i played in some brutal games not trying to be smart! But good luck to Peabody the rest of the year! :roflol:

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Doesn't make me right.

This season is not over. This team will win 5 games I think, maybe 6. We will win this week. Milan is better. But then we get Halls, Lake County, South Fulton, Humboldt, Gibson County in some order. We could win all of those. Good luck to the football players and coaches.

You are right the season is not over and perhaps you may be right. I see Peabody beating Halls, SF, GC and Greenfield and finishing 4-6 i hope i am wrong. I would love to see them winning 6 but i just can't good luck Peabody!

From the Jackson Sun

Greenfield (0-3) at Trenton Peabody (0-3) 7:30 p.m.

Players to watch: Peabody RB A.J. Collier; Greenfield RB Tyler Dunning

What to expect: Two teams that are struggling this season. Combined they have scored 31 points in six games, all losses.

What's at stake: Not only will a team get a win, a team will get a district win.

Congrats Trenton on the win. It was a close game, and the Jackets just couldnt seem to get any breaks. We have been in every game that we've lost this year, and we just cant quite seem to get over the hump. Tonight, we had the ball inside of Trenton's 10 yard line...first and goal...three times and could not score....did not punch it in. Two of those times we threw pics. One of them was a pic 6 that the Trenton kid ran for 101 yards.

The offense did look better overall. We moved the ball very well all night, except inside the red zone. Our defense once again played good enough to win this game. But alas, the Jackets are now 4-0.

Hang in there, boys. Keep fighting. Hold your heads up. Coach, if you read this, we love you. Dont get discouraged. Learn from the losses and move on.