Tennessee High at Greeneville

DevilMan03

I thought Comp's assessment of our play last night was pretty fair....and no I didn't say i thought South was better that TH...can you read??? And we played South right after that young man's funeral for crying out loud. I cant believe you can sit there and say it shouldn't affect the kids.Have you forgotten they lost a starter and a team leader in addition to a friend and brother. You should be ashamed to even go there. And as far as me and Comp...well I guess you will have to wait and see.

So what... Comp's assessments are always spot on. That doesn't mean you don't defend the honor of your team ... that's what we do. Bout the best thing he said about them is "Greenville didn't come to play". Good luck pushin that one on anybody that was at the game. So far between the two of you we have learned that in the game between South and Greenville... "South's heart wasn't in it" but Greenville "brought their A game", and with all of that going their way they still weren't able to bring down the South!! LOL, LOL, LOL .... maybe this is a way to keep The Viking Ship at bay after we all but raided a team that brought back the "Seven Days Battles" for South, But me personally... I'm not buying it. Good try though.

Oh and Barb... I would much rather play a team like South at the end of the season as opposed to after the emotionally charged week as they had before your game. And if you don't think them boys weren't fired up and determined to win that game then you must have left at halftime. Anyone that knows me even just on these boards knows that I would NEVER bring dishonor or disrespect to the legacy of #54 Jake...that was a cheep shot. Hey but I'm not mad at you. I don't get mad. I......well... you know me. :shock:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Comp's assessment of our play last night was pretty fair....and no I didn't say i thought South was better that TH...can you read??? And we played South right after that young man's funeral for crying out loud. I cant believe you can sit there and say it shouldn't affect the kids.Have you forgotten they lost a starter and a team leader in addition to a friend and brother. You should be ashamed to even go there. And as far as me and Comp...well I guess you will have to wait and see.

So what... Comp's assessments are always spot on. That doesn't mean you don't defend the honor of your team ... that's what we do. Bout the best thing he said about them is "Greenville didn't come to play". Good luck pushin that one on anybody that was at the game. So far between the two of you we have learned that in the game between South and Greenville... "South's heart wasn't in it" but Greenville "brought their A game", and with all of that going their way they still weren't able to bring down the South!! LOL, LOL, LOL .... maybe this is a way to keep The Viking Ship at bay after we all but raided a team that brought back the "Seven Days Battles" for South, But me personally... I'm not buying it. Good try though.

Oh and Barb... I would much rather play a team like South at the end of the season as opposed to after the emotionally charged week as they had before your game. And if you don't think them boys weren't fired up and determined to win that game then you must have left at halftime. Anyone that knows me even just on these boards knows that I would NEVER bring dishonor or disrespect to the legacy of #54 Jake...that was a cheep shot. Hey but I'm not mad at you. I don't get mad. I......well... you know me. :shock:

Defend the honor of my team???? geez cap, its just a game. And I didn't actually go to the game...I can't get out of my chair right now.Thats why I appreciate an honest assessment of the game. Caught most of the PA from Burley from my porch and listened on the radio. Had to listen to the South game too cause I can't physically navigate the stands in Death Valley. Needless to say my mud-wrasslin days are over...

Cap...Barb is my Bonnie and one thing you can count on from her is a straight answer. She understands the game as well as any of us. My observation of the game was from a neutral (sort of) point of view. C'mon Cap...on any given Friday night! To be honest, I think, after seeing the game, that the Vikings and the Rebels are very evenly matched. We will both come into our game with fire. And we both have fire power. I expected more and if Shephard was well probably would have seen more.

I will be the first to admit that yes, at this point in the season the Vikings are the better team. You are hitting your stride and after you shut down CS and company you will be unmanageable. Some people say we are not as good as '08. I can only say we are different. That is a call you will have to make. Will you forgo a Viking game to come scout us? I wish you would. I would like to hear your word. And because I know you would call it like you see it! It's not like I'm feeling, poor little Greeneville. They should have blown our doors off the way they played us. You didn't play the same people. But I know thats' all we have is the comparison between playing the same people. It's a long time until Oct 30th. For you it's a downhill slide...for us it's one week at a time.

Hey man...but you know I got your back. And you know I know there's only one Cap1! But you should've called me up...I know you saw me. Yeah, I know, the shirt was wrong. But you know I love ya'!

Cap...Barb is my Bonnie and one thing you can count on from her is a straight answer. She understands the game as well as any of us. My observation of the game was from a neutral (sort of) point of view. C'mon Cap...on any given Friday night! To be honest, I think, after seeing the game, that the Vikings and the Rebels are very evenly matched. We will both come into our game with fire. And we both have fire power. I expected more and if Shephard was well probably would have seen more.

I will be the first to admit that yes, at this point in the season the Vikings are the better team. You are hitting your stride and after you shut down CS and company you will be unmanageable. Some people say we are not as good as '08. I can only say we are different. That is a call you will have to make. Will you forgo a Viking game to come scout us? I wish you would. I would like to hear your word. And because I know you would call it like you see it! It's not like I'm feeling, poor little Greeneville. They should have blown our doors off the way they played us. You didn't play the same people. But I know thats' all we have is the comparison between playing the same people. It's a long time until Oct 30th. For you it's a downhill slide...for us it's one week at a time.

Hey man...but you know I got your back. And you know I know there's only one Cap1! But you should've called me up...I know you saw me. Yeah, I know, the shirt was wrong. But you know I love ya'!

Good one Comp.... I didn't think of that one. TH does seem to have problems finishing.....

Cap...My previous post didn't say what I wanted to say. Do you remember when you attended the Rebels vs the Toppers in week 0 in 2008? Well I feel the Vikings had that kind of confidence and showed a potential state championship team just like the Rebels of that year. We had more than that kind of confidence in week 0 this year against Knox West. They were probably the cream of the Knoxville 5A teams with Clinton and the privates as exceptions. If we get that swager back we will compete with you. If not...you will walk on us.