Tennessee High at Greeneville

DevilMan03

Barb? Want my assesment? Yes, OK. Greeneville didn't come to play. Why is it that South always gets your A game? First, your QB hesitates. His WR's were winning the deep routes. You got to trust your recievers to go get it. Morrison and Spradlin are fast enough for the lob. The worst part is...he can get the ball to them. That's coaching. On the crossing routes he waits until there is no doubt the reciever is open. By the time the ball gets there in that situation it's history. Intuition...he don't have it. Wouldn't make it at South. Deer in the headlights... Morrison and Spradlin would go D1AA at least coming out of South. :lol: I told you...you have to pressure the QB...no pressure. You did well with the run. Don't worry...no one can stop Tallman. Notice: He runs forward, shoulders down, bent at the waist, anticipating a bust, always churning. Even if you shoestring him he will fall forward for two yards minimum. Weapon! South will have difficulty with him. Your O line did fine considering they had a 5 man rush all night. All night! The screen does not work against the Vikings. One reason only...Pendleton #20. Can't fool this guy. How many players lost their feet tonight? Was that a 357 or a 44mag? On any given Friday night!

Vikings: Capitalization. First...#8. No fear! Every punt return he catches the ball. He does not hear footsteps. This guy is bad news. He is a potential TD on every punt. #20 Pendleton...one of the best Corners I've seen. This guy is smart, fast, and likes to hit. Tallman...twice the player he was last year...and he ain't slow. I heard Shephard was sick so...John Ellis Davis...reminds me of KK. The D line...fast, ruthless, blood thirsty. Just when the O line had them blocked to the short side giving their QB an open view, they ALL rolled (spin) out of their blocks and converged on the QB. That's coaching. Harmon...bad boy attitude. Throws on the run like Curt. i.e. the TD with 4 minutes to go in the 2nd. Incredible. He put it in his WR's hands twice...one at 60 yards, the other at 55. I counted it. They dropped both. It wasn't Davis. The kicker...nothing need be said. They learned the spread in one year! My hats off! Vikings=Black Devil Crowe Train...coming soon to your town.

I was there (solo) with my South shirt on. When I asked for a seat...no answer. I sat down. No one would look me in the eye. The guy behind me was getting agitated as I continued to try and converse with him. As I was leaving...not a word to me. Home stands were not full! Greeneville is playing the Vikings and the stands are not full! Incredible. The turff has an anoying glare. In November last year I thought it was ice. Not. It's the color of the turf. It reflects. It ruins a video recording because all you can see is glare. DB's doesn't do that. I guess you get what you pay for. :thumb:

Thanks Comp, nice to get an unbiased assessment before Cap starts runnin' off at the mouth. We just don't have the stud QB as in years past....gonna have some of those.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barb? Want my assesment? Yes, OK. Greeneville didn't come to play. Why is it that South always gets your A game? First, your QB hesitates. His WR's were winning the deep routes. You got to trust your recievers to go get it. Morrison and Spradlin are fast enough for the lob. The worst part is...he can get the ball to them. That's coaching. On the crossing routes he waits until there is no doubt the reciever is open. By the time the ball gets there in that situation it's history. Intuition...he don't have it. Wouldn't make it at South. Deer in the headlights... Morrison and Spradlin would go D1AA at least coming out of South. :( I told you...you have to pressure the QB...no pressure. You did well with the run. Don't worry...no one can stop Tallman. Notice: He runs forward, shoulders down, bent at the waist, anticipating a bust, always churning. Even if you shoestring him he will fall forward for two yards minimum. Weapon! South will have difficulty with him. Your O line did fine considering they had a 5 man rush all night. All night! The screen does not work against the Vikings. One reason only...Pendleton #20. Can't fool this guy. How many players lost their feet tonight? Was that a 357 or a 44mag? On any given Friday night!

Vikings: Capitalization. First...#8. No fear! Every punt return he catches the ball. He does not hear footsteps. This guy is bad news. He is a potential TD on every punt. #20 Pendleton...one of the best Corners I've seen. This guy is smart, fast, and likes to hit. Tallman...twice the player he was last year...and he ain't slow. I heard Shephard was sick so...John Ellis Davis...reminds me of KK. The D line...fast, ruthless, blood thirsty. Just when the O line had them blocked to the short side giving their QB an open view, they ALL rolled (spin) out of their blocks and converged on the QB. That's coaching. Harmon...bad boy attitude. Throws on the run like Curt. i.e. the TD with 4 minutes to go in the 2nd. Incredible. He put it in his WR's hands twice...one at 60 yards, the other at 55. I counted it. They dropped both. It wasn't Davis. The kicker...nothing need be said. They learned the spread in one year! My hats off! Vikings=Black Devil Crowe Train...coming soon to your town.

I was there (solo) with my South shirt on. When I asked for a seat...no answer. I sat down. No one would look me in the eye. The guy behind me was getting agitated as I continued to try and converse with him. As I was leaving...not a word to me. Home stands were not full! Greeneville is playing the Vikings and the stands are not full! Incredible. The turff has an anoying glare. In November last year I thought it was ice. Not. It's the color of the turf. It reflects. It ruins a video recording because all you can see is glare. DB's doesn't do that. I guess you get what you pay for. :thumb:

Thanks Comp, nice to get an unbiased assessment before Cap starts runnin' off at the mouth. We just don't have the stud QB as in years past....gonna have some of those.

No excuses, the better team won last night. Comp and Barb both accurately summed it up. Barb is right on that we don't have the stud QB as in the past. We will do fine in region play, but Wes will have to become fearless before playoffs. To disagree with Comp, I'm not so sure he can get it there on the deep routes and I'm not so sure the "get what you pay for" regarding the turf is a valid statement. I've noticed the glare myself, but i'm quite sure the DB turf is not superior nor was it more expensive than G'ville's. The glare is a lighting issue. Good luck to SS and THS the rest of the way.

Barb? Want my assesment? Yes, OK. Greeneville didn't come to play. Why is it that South always gets your A game? First, your QB hesitates. His WR's were winning the deep routes. You got to trust your recievers to go get it. Morrison and Spradlin are fast enough for the lob. The worst part is...he can get the ball to them. That's coaching. On the crossing routes he waits until there is no doubt the reciever is open. By the time the ball gets there in that situation it's history. Intuition...he don't have it. Wouldn't make it at South. Deer in the headlights... Morrison and Spradlin would go D1AA at least coming out of South. :( I told you...you have to pressure the QB...no pressure. You did well with the run. Don't worry...no one can stop Tallman. Notice: He runs forward, shoulders down, bent at the waist, anticipating a bust, always churning. Even if you shoestring him he will fall forward for two yards minimum. Weapon! South will have difficulty with him. Your O line did fine considering they had a 5 man rush all night. All night! The screen does not work against the Vikings. One reason only...Pendleton #20. Can't fool this guy. How many players lost their feet tonight? Was that a 357 or a 44mag? On any given Friday night!

No excuses, the better team won last night. Comp and Barb both accurately summed it up. Barb is right on that we don't have the stud QB as in the past. We will do fine in region play, but Wes will have to become fearless before playoffs. To disagree with Comp, I'm not so sure he can get it there on the deep routes and I'm not so sure the "get what you pay for" regarding the turf is a valid statement. I've noticed the glare myself, but i'm quite sure the DB turf is not superior nor was it more expensive than G'ville's. The glare is a lighting issue. Good luck to SS and THS the rest of the way.

I agree about the glare, but Comp does it really affect the tape that much? I mean this is by your own admission, the same glaring turf you played on in November when you declared the tape didn't lie?

With Wes, I don't think its a question of becoming fearless as it is making good decisions under pressure.

He's got the chops and didn't throw an int, but he took sacks instead of getting rid of the ball....can't afford the negative yardage.

Good assessment, comp. You should have come over and sit with me and Cap. I had a ton of fun. You were brave to wear your south shirt. I was afraid of getting mugged so I left mine at the house. Vikings are definitely for real but Greeneville made too many mistakes to keep this one close. The onside kick was the turning point because of all the momentum. And I agree 100% about the turf. I don't know if it's the actual turf or the lights but it makes the game hard to see.

Well we all know your program is no where near as good as SS or Betsy, so beating us by 21 is out of the question. Consider yourself lucky if you score 21. Stable of backs.........that's a good one, we all know that none of them are durable, and they're going to get hit(trust me). And admit it or not(don't know what you're tripping on) but your QB will be hit on a regular basis. Some of the crap coming out of your mouth is hilarious. Good entertainment though. As for you're argument about an athletic Science Hill team, come on man. They couldn't handle us either. We've lost some tough games, but they were against legit teams. Jury is still out on THS.

You definitely need to get out of Greene county more often :thumb: ..just to think I gave up this much trash talking for a week at the Beach :thumb:

After Midnight last night that Black Devil Train was spotted still on the tracks just outside Greeneville. In the haze of the wee hours of the morning you could smell the evil Crowe stench. Oh please Mr. Niswonger, make it go on up the tracks. Pay them to go somewhere else...please. Hush now sister. Ain't no trustin' the Devil for he will take your money, and your soul, and leave you for dead on the field. No sir...we got our one chance last year...now all we can do is pay the piper. It's been said them Vikings made their deal with the Black Devil Train...price is high...more than we can staple. Tonight is a fateful night...oh what a black day on our people. All we can do now is say a prayer. And hope the good and right Stacy Carter can stop these terrible Vikings. We are now but a sacrifice...have mercy on our boys!

Please Rebel Nation...only you can stop these homemongers...and destroy that Black Devil Train. We give unto you all the wrong we ever caused...and hope that the Aura thereof will be spirit enough to spur you onward!

Thay's no hope fer ya now Greenevillians!, as he swills a tall ale from a silver goblet. Cap1 has made his deal. Yer fate is sealed. When you turn yer back on what's right, they's a price to pay to come back! Eye, and that price'll be paid tonight. The Black Devil Train will be yours and only yours. It's stench will taint every crumb and fodder for as far as a man can behold. You will live in the day of requiem, for it shall be many a moon before you see it. Eye, Stacy Carter cannot save ye' now...fer that day of reckoning will be soon enough.

Behold Greenvillians, tonight you must suffer...but the True Blue Rebels are sworn to what is right. And lay in wait for our fateful day with the bringers of the dark. Blood will spill and many will fall...but the battle flag will still wave as the Black Devil Train stirs on up the tracks piercing the fog of night and on through the tunnell enroute to the barren land.

As the hour draws nigh and the fog rolls in....the Black Rain is eminent... :o

D&%N.. Comp that even skeerd me a little bit :thumb: ..lol that was worth readin through 18 pages of this stuff on a rainy Sat morning :thumb:

Crow Sauce anyone??!!! :thumb: I knew there was no way that Greeneville fans (with the unexpected exception of G man) would just admit that plan an simply... the BEST TEAM WON last night, so I left a stash of sauce under the visitors bleachers so you can grab a bottle while no one is watching. Not sure much more trash talking is necessary because in anybodies book 38 to 17 LEAVES NO DOUBT!!! :o It also covers my point spread. :o I'm going to give you guys a break because in all honesty, unlike Comp... I enjoyed every minute of the Greeneville experience. I have to say it helps when you're spanking the home team. lol OK ... that's the last one. Every person that I came in contact with from the Greendevil camp was nothing less than courteous and respectful from the husband/wife team that sold the tickets and took them up at the gate, to the Greeneville fans in the visitors stands (i still haven't figured that one out), to the gentleman and lady at the concessions stand... good people from my observation. And I'm not trying to kiss up or anything. You don't have to when your team brakes the whoopin stick out in the game! Oops. Greeneville without a doubt has the absolute best concession stands of ANYBODY... hands down. And I'm not just talking about the wide variety... the food is GOOD... and the grills are a good touch. The only place that I've personally been to that you get a better visual of the game is the Stone Castle... and there's probably a little loyalty speaking there. And I like the sheen on the field... not much different than Carson Newman or Appy St if you ask me. And to compare the experience to that of DB is LUDICROUS if you're speaking of anything but the field surface. And I personally (as a spectator or a player) would much rather put up with an annoying (to some) glare than a DIRT PATCH down the middle of the field at Octobers end. There's not much that we disagree on but,.. quit hatin Comp... there's not many venues around here that you can go into draped with the Rebel flag and not get hated on. Weather was perfect... you couldn't have asked for a better night of football.

As far as the game... no surprises here... it happened as I expected. Greeneville has a good team (not allot of depth), but we simply have a better overall team this year. No doubt the Football God's were on our side last night ( the onside kick, the call in the third that brought back the long pass play, and most relevant the miscommunication between the Greeneville coaching staff and their QB). The pass in the flats was killing us. We jumped the rout one time and the Greeneville coaches abandoned it... cost them the game in my opinion. There were some hard hits from both sides, but the one from THSs #20 Pendleton on Greeneville's #11 was a game sealer. #11 was killing us, but he was no good after that hit. But he is a straight up BALLER on ANYBODIES team!!! #99 is the real deal too. You don't put a hat on him... he's making the play.

I have to be honest at the expense of stepping on a few toes... but... I honestly feel we played the better team between Greeneville and South last night. Greeneville just has to play to many of there key players both ways, and that will catch up to you in the big games. South plays with more heart AND pride than any team around, but Greeneville had you beat and you know it... they just ran out of steam and made one crucially bad play at the end of the game. From everything I've seen and heard thus far... my assessment is that the talent factor is going to catch up to South this year...your little run is over!!! :thumb: I would think twice about burning bridges at DB, because you may need council on how to deal with the downside of talent rotation for next year. Nothing personall... (in true Cap style) just calling it like I see it. :lol:

Crow Sauce anyone??!!! :thumb: I knew there was no way that Greeneville fans (with the unexpected exception of G man) would just admit that plan an simply... the BEST TEAM WON last night, so I left a stash of sauce under the visitors bleachers so you can grab a bottle while no one is watching. Not sure much more trash talking is necessary because in anybodies book 38 to 17 LEAVES NO DOUBT!!! :o It also covers my point spread. :o I'm going to give you guys a break because in all honesty, unlike Comp... I enjoyed every minute of the Greeneville experience. I have to say it helps when you're spanking the home team. lol OK ... that's the last one. Every person that I came in contact with from the Greendevil camp was nothing less than courteous and respectful from the husband/wife team that sold the tickets and took them up at the gate, to the Greeneville fans in the visitors stands (i still haven't figured that one out), to the gentleman and lady at the concessions stand... good people from my observation. And I'm not trying to kiss up or anything. You don't have to when your team brakes the whoopin stick out in the game! Oops. Greeneville without a doubt has the absolute best concession stands of ANYBODY... hands down. And I'm not just talking about the wide variety... the food is GOOD... and the grills are a good touch. The only place that I've personally been to that you get a better visual of the game is the Stone Castle... and there's probably a little loyalty speaking there. And I like the sheen on the field... not much different than Carson Newman or Appy St if you ask me. And to compare the experience to that of DB is LUDICROUS if you're speaking of anything but the field surface. And I personally (as a spectator or a player) would much rather put up with an annoying (to some) glare than a DIRT PATCH down the middle of the field at Octobers end. There's not much that we disagree on but,.. quit hatin Comp... there's not many venues around here that you can go into draped with the Rebel flag and not get hated on. Weather was perfect... you couldn't have asked for a better night of football.

As far as the game... no surprises here... it happened as I expected. Greeneville has a good team (not allot of depth), but we simply have a better overall team this year. No doubt the Football God's were on our side last night ( the onside kick, the call in the third that brought back the long pass play, and most relevant the miscommunication between the Greeneville coaching staff and their QB). The pass in the flats was killing us. We jumped the rout one time and the Greeneville coaches abandoned it... cost them the game in my opinion. There were some hard hits from both sides, but the one from THSs #20 Pendleton on Greeneville's #11 was a game sealer. #11 was killing us, but he was no good after that hit. But he is a straight up BALLER on ANYBODIES team!!! #99 is the real deal too. You don't put a hat on him... he's making the play.

I have to be honest at the expense of stepping on a few toes... but... I honestly feel we played the better team between Greeneville and South last night. Greeneville just has to play to many of there key players both ways, and that will catch up to you in the big games. South plays with more heart AND pride than any team around, but Greeneville had you beat and you know it... they just ran out of steam and made one crucially bad play at the end of the game. From everything I've seen and heard thus far... my assessment is that the talent factor is going to catch up to South this year...your little run is over!!! :thumb: I would think twice about burning bridges at DB, because you may need council on how to deal with the downside of talent rotation for next year. Nothing personall... (in true Cap style) just calling it like I see it. :lol:

Thanks Cap....I much prefer the green and white dogs at the concession stand to a big mouthfull of crow any day. And in all fairness, I don't think South had their heart in the game when we went to death Valley and we exploited the hole in their D ( and their hearts) the whole game. Talent rotation will get the best of everyone at some time or another. We're feeling it a bit on offense this year.Thankfully we have some great young talent to carry us forward on both sides of the ball... Good luck to your boys ...but i gotta hang with South when you guys play. Just make sure everybody beats DB will ya? Play Safe!!!

Thanks Cap....I much prefer the green and white dogs at the concession stand to a big mouthfull of crow any day. And in all fairness, I don't think South had their heart in the game when we went to death Valley and we exploited the hole in their D ( and their hearts) the whole game. Talent rotation will get the best of everyone at some time or another. We're feeling it a bit on offense this year.Thankfully we have some great young talent to carry us forward on both sides of the ball... Good luck to your boys ...but i gotta hang with South when you guys play. Just make sure everybody beats DB will ya? Play Safe!!!

Completely understand Barb, but I have to ask ... do you think South is better than THS at this point in the season?? Try to leave your heart and your love for me :shock: out of it... and of course the embarrassment that you obviously suffered this weekend. One more thing... i will never except the excuse "their heart just wasn't in it" for a South team... especially this years team! If anything their situation creates more drive... ARE YOU KIDDING!!! :o ! And Comp all but came to your house and kicked your dog...in the mouth... with his last post. :roll: And you all but said "thank ya BOSS, may I have some more"!!! So what's really going on here? Yall don't have some Bonnie and Clyde thing going on... do you!!

Completely understand Barb, but I have to ask ... do you think South is better than THS at this point in the season?? Try to leave your heart and your love for me :shock: out of it... and of course the embarrassment that you obviously suffered this weekend. One more thing... i will never except the excuse "their heart just wasn't in it" for a South team... especially this years team! If anything their situation creates more drive... ARE YOU KIDDING!!! :o ! And Comp all but came to your house and kicked your dog...in the mouth... with his last post. :roll: And you all but said "thank ya BOSS, may I have some more"!!! So what's really going on here? Yall don't have some Bonnie and Clyde thing going on... do you!!

I thought Comp's assessment of our play last night was pretty fair....and no I didn't say i thought South was better that TH...can you read??? And we played South right after that young man's funeral for crying out loud. I cant believe you can sit there and say it shouldn't affect the kids.Have you forgotten they lost a starter and a team leader in addition to a friend and brother. You should be ashamed to even go there. And as far as me and Comp...well I guess you will have to wait and see.