McKenzie vs Humboldt

VOLnWTN

Humboldt was an all-around good football team, i was nice to get a W from a time of that caliber..watching them warm up i thought we were in trouble.. when humboldt gets all healthy they will be a load to handle.. If i was them i would throw alot more than they did, that Qb is the real deal....

Good luck to vikings for the rest of the season, (except if we meet in playoffs).. you do have team to be proud of

P.s. does any one know what the crap the refs were doing on the 2pt. conversion?? i have never saw a redo like that in my life! although it didnt effect the outcome of the game but geez can we ever get some zebras that have a clue....

I been to a game somwhere everyweek so far so i try to year in and out. I really luv High School football there is nothing like it at even level! Once again i would like to comment Mckenzie on the fine facilities they have. Mckenzie a great place to play football kept up all the good work! I couldn't believe how good of shape the field was in after all the rain we have had! I would like to say that this is just my opinion i truly think that Mckenzie and Humboldt may be the best two 2A teams in this part of the country! I'm neutral in this now Mckenzie has a good fooball team and Humboldt may be the best 3-3 in the state. If these teams meet again no matter where they play if the Lord's willing i will be there. I hope this don't sound to country but to have rest rooms and concession stands on the visitors side as well. Fans just don't see that at High School Stadiums i was impressed. I been around High School football over 50 plus years. I go back in the old Big Ten days i know some of you remeber that! Once again great job and good luck the rest of the year to the Rebels and Vikings! :thumb:

Actually, the restrooms on the visitors side is bigger and nicer than the ones on the home side!! LOL And the band parents, etc. do a good job of keeping both concession stands operating too. Every Rebel around is proud of our team and stadium. And it's natural for us that we will respect our opponents

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butchie, if he is from TCA, he will have to buy for you. We play TCA in Jackson.
Hey Butchie... congrats on yall's win! We got one too this week. :| cant wait to see our two teams meet up again in a few weeks' date=' should be a good one! :thumb:[/quote']

Now Dad Gummit Stockerd, Don't Come Over Here This Time Without Meeting Me And Duck. Now Why Anyone Would Drive All The Way From Jackson And Not Meet Me And Duck Is Just Plain Pitiful. No Excuses This Time.. And Congrats On Ya'lls Victory Over Union City! :oops: Oh And Come Hungry, We Got Some Good Chow In The Concession Stand, My Treat.

According to the schedule I printed off mckenziefootball.com the game is in McKenzie. The schedule that is billfold size that is around town says it's at TCA................ They think it's here too.....at least I think stockerd (sp) does I'm pretty sure????????? Hummmmmmmmm???? Input from someone who knows for sure please!!!!!!!

zebra99,

I remember the old Big 10 Conference well. We (McKenzie) were in the Volunteer Conferece back then when I was playing. I can't remember all the teams in the Big 10 but I know Jackson HS (now JCM) and Brownsville were in it. Now that's been a long while back............pretty well dates us as not so young guys on here huh!!!

According to the schedule I printed off mckenziefootball.com the game is in McKenzie. The schedule that is billfold size that is around town says it's at TCA................ They think it's here too.....at least I think stockerd (sp) does I'm pretty sure????????? Hummmmmmmmm???? Input from someone who knows for sure please!!!!!!!

You sure you got that schedule of the mckenziefootball.com site? The TCA game is in Jackson.

I did pretty good with a prediction on this game as well. I said earlier in the thread that Humboldt would play McKenzie to a very close game and it turned out to be a great game. I also said that Quan Campbell will be the fastest player that McKenzie has seen thus far and might be the fastest they'll see all year. I also said that McKenzie would have to watch out for Dunbar in this game as well. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying.... dry.gif lol

Congrats to McKenzie on the W! Good Luck to McKenzie and Humboldt throughout this second half of the season and may both teams come away injury free!

zebra99,

I remember the old Big 10 Conference well. We (McKenzie) were in the Volunteer Conferece back then when I was playing. I can't remember all the teams in the Big 10 but I know Jackson HS (now JCM) and Brownsville were in it. Now that's been a long while back............pretty well dates us as not so young guys on here huh!!!

yes duckman38201 pretty well tells we not teenagers anymore. Man the game has changed so much from when we played. Back in the day it was pretty much old smash mouth football. I enjoy watching the kids of today play. They are bigger and stronger and faster than we were. But i just don't think they are as durable. We played through some pain back then and i am sure they do today. But we didn't have whirlpools and things like that to help us get ready for Monday afternoon practice. It was Bville,Dburg,Ripley,Covington Jackson,HBT,Milan,Peabody,UC and one more i can't remember who. Volunteer Conference had some good teams in it . How about the Reelfoot Conference all the smaller schools. I am from Trenton and as you know we are down bad this year hopefully in the near future we can turn it around. But i do believe that is a good chance that HBT and Mckenzie will meet again. If so i hope to be there good luck on the rest of the season! :roflolk:

I did pretty good with a prediction on this game as well. I said earlier in the thread that Humboldt would play McKenzie to a very close game and it turned out to be a great game. I also said that Quan Campbell will be the fastest player that McKenzie has seen thus far and might be the fastest they'll see all year. I also said that McKenzie would have to watch out for Dunbar in this game as well. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying.... dry.gif lol

Congrats to McKenzie on the W! Good Luck to McKenzie and Humboldt throughout this second half of the season and may both teams come away injury free!

Yes you did you pretty much on the money and it is a good shot they will meet again. Like earlier in my post i apologize for my actions and rude behavior! Mckenzie and HBt could very well be the best two teams in 2A around. If they meet again and they are both healthy it will be another great game! :roflolk:

You sure you got that schedule of the mckenziefootball.com site? The TCA game is in Jackson.

Yep. it was posted on there on 12/10/08.

Yep. it was posted on there on 12/10/08.

Oh okay, it might have been a mistake with the original schedule. Lol, you had me scurrying around the website the other night trying to find out where I had on my 3 different schedules TCA playing at McKenzie and couldn't find it.