Union City @ TCA

tcaee

You come in thinking like that and this "private school" will do the same thing we did last time... You obviously remember well... Last time I checked stopping jabriel isn't an easy thing to do... He's bigger faster and stronger than the last time he beat up on yall. This game will be close, don't kid yourself. And our facilities were still being built when you guys got killed by us, but if it makes you feel better about things then that's cool

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to TCA hope you represent our district well.

As far as this game goes. It looks like on paper TCa's schedule was tougher so far but a closer look and you find a Manassas team that has only beat one decent team besides TCA and that was trezevant. Usj has only beat JCM of note and JCS is 2-3 and has lost the only games they had against decent oppenents. On the other hand Union City got beat by the one decent team they payed. Looks like this is a game that gets everything thrown out and then start from scratch. I think if both teams play their games then it will be a very good contest. I am interested to see how TCA handles a physical opponent. I do ot think they have met one yet. Union city I am interested in seeing how well your defense handles a top calibur playmaker. Hop this game is as good as advertised and no one gets hurt.

Good luck to you both from the 'ville. GO RED RAGE

Oc is big fast, but not physical he just shives people. When I say physical I mean knock you out of your cleats feeding the hat type of physical. Before you ask it, yeah I have seen him both live and on film. Heck of an athlete but not overly physical. That being said I would nt want to run through his blocks now. I would fall apart.

No field envy here... Most people that travel to tca to play will admit we have pretty nice facilities(not that that means anything, not sure why its being discussed). And the trinity players could care less about a playoff game two years ago and only one of our starters from that game returns, it really means nothing

Oc is big fast, but not physical he just shives people. When I say physical I mean knock you out of your cleats feeding the hat type of physical. Before you ask it, yeah I have seen him both live and on film. Heck of an athlete but not overly physical. That being said I would nt want to run through his blocks now. I would fall apart.

UHHHH - At this point I must interupt. First, Manassas is VERY physical. The pulling stuff from last year is largly gone now replaced by a more downhill approach. The defense flys around the field and very repectfully looks to impose pain on their opponents. Trezvant BEAT 6A Houston who is in a class well beyond any teams discussed on this particuliar topic and Manassas just came from 20 points down to beat Trezvant 28-20 which saw the ambulance come to the field twice. All this to make the following point. You are out of your mind if you think TCA hasn't seen physical yet and that UC will be something new to them. They stood very Tall against Manassas and unless UC just transfered in some new players for Friday night, then there won't be any comparison.

No field envy here... Most people that travel to tca to play will admit we have pretty nice facilities(not that that means anything, not sure why its being discussed). And the trinity players could care less about a playoff game two years ago and only one of our starters from that game returns, it really means nothing

That would probably be because they didn't get beat down two years ago....It makes a difference when you are on the other end of a 42-0 outcome.... :rolleyes:

I attended the game between USJ and TCA a few weeks ago. Washington is very hard to handle, but if there are running backs who play linebacker or at least safeties (meaning matching speed with speed) he can be stopped. He will gain yardage, just not bust multiple long ones for scores. If he can throw the ball to some open receivers, another option has just opened up for TCA. I watched Union City play Obion Central last night on TV. Union City's offense will be hard to defense. USJ played St. George's Friday night and SG's offense (veer/triple option) looked like Union City's. Tough to defense, but can be stretched out allowing linebackers and safeties to make plays. I'm no coach, but if TCA could place a strong nose guard and blow up the initial option for UC to hand off to the first running back, TCA could have a good night. Although, that will be hard with Trent Arnold at center (I got bulldogged by who I assume is his dad years ago). On the other hand, UC seems really adept at stripping the ball for turnovers and also has some good speed as well. I think it will be a close game- UC 32 TCA 27.