Pigeon Forge Football

pfan

I am not getting on here to bash any players or coaches. Just want to make that clear. But i have noticed that the team has seen a gradual decline since Coach Ryan left. I know Bramblett did a number and I thought Coach Lee was going to turn it around after the improvement his first year. But since that first year the team has gotten worse every week almost it seems. you can tell that the kids play hard but they are just a lot weaker that every team they play other than cosby. it looks like Coach Lee does not make them workout at all. i know better though because his dad makes his players work out. their line is always getting pushed around. I keep hearing that Coach Lee is saying that we are really young but he has said that every year so why are the older kids quiting. also it does not take a buch of older kids to play and act like champions not thugs. I know this may sound like bashing and i sorry if that is how it is coming across but Coach Ryan and Coach Cross got fired after three years and the program was much more respectable and classy. Maybe Schrandt needs to just clean house and fire all of the coaches and just start over from scratch. Just my opinion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I was told there is no true lifting program until the students begin their sophmore years and that is part of the problem. Our line isn't strong enough to hold off the much bigger lineman either due to physically weak or poor coaching. We had a cpl of really nice and impressive drives last night against Fulton that ended in fumbles or costly mental screwups. If you want to see the future of PF football, you need to come and watch the Pee Wee's play tonight at home around 7:15 :thumb:

I am not getting on here to bash any players or coaches. Just want to make that clear. But i have noticed that the team has seen a gradual decline since Coach Ryan left. I know Bramblett did a number and I thought Coach Lee was going to turn it around after the improvement his first year. But since that first year the team has gotten worse every week almost it seems. you can tell that the kids play hard but they are just a lot weaker that every team they play other than cosby. it looks like Coach Lee does not make them workout at all. i know better though because his dad makes his players work out. their line is always getting pushed around. I keep hearing that Coach Lee is saying that we are really young but he has said that every year so why are the older kids quiting. also it does not take a buch of older kids to play and act like champions not thugs. I know this may sound like bashing and i sorry if that is how it is coming across but Coach Ryan and Coach Cross got fired after three years and the program was much more respectable and classy. Maybe Schrandt needs to just clean house and fire all of the coaches and just start over from scratch. Just my opinion

Your first post on coacht is one that wants your coaches fired after they get beat by one of the best teams in the state. Thats the number 1 reason PF will never be successful. I would be willing to bet that there is a workout program year round , but parents like you probably believe it is more important for their kids to take that month long vacation , or work all summer at the go cart track than for them to go lift. Then when your kid don't play or is gettin blown off the ball all football season it's the coaches fault? People like you disgust me. The coaches at PF aren't TRYING to lose , negative support from goofy parents like you who are mad cause their kid doesn't play enough or get the ball every play is why your losing.

p.s. I'm from Cosby (this is just an observation on my part and in no way reflects the views or opinions of all of the fine people in my community)

As a lifetime fan of Pigeon Forge football, I feel compelled to comment on the statements posted here today. First of all, the second post that states "real PF football" would be the PeeWees. While I agree they are a significant part of real PF football--we need to remember that it starts with the Grasscutters and moves up through the high school program--all working together to build a strong program and tradition the players, fans, students, etc. can be proud of. Not taking away from either program but understanding that it takes ALL to make it work! Secondly to the first post, we should be out there building these young men up-not breaking them down with our words and attitudes that transfer to those young men. Their work ethic is strong, they are proud to wear orange and black, the coaching staff encourages them in their accomplishments, they take the field each week with their heads held high! They have been out there is extreme temperatures in the summer working their tails off without a bit of thanks for what they do; maybe you would like to pad up and hit with some of our linemen--some who bench press over 400 lbs. and leg press over 1000 lbs. Their desire to play is exemplified just by their presence on the field each week. I have had a player through the high school program through EVERY coach that has been there and can say that this staff has brought pride, honor, glory, encouragement, knowledge, strength, and positive attitudes to the program. This was not always present. My current TIGER has come up from Grasscutter to Pee Wee to Middle Schooler to High Schooler and has never once hung his head and said Woe is Me but carried himself, along with his teammates, as being blessed to be a Tiger! Stop breaking them down!

I do agree that it does start at grasscutters and up from there just the problem is when the kids get to 7th and 8th grade they switch schools or end up not playing anymore. some of the best athletes in PF are not even playing on the team! thats their problem its not necessarily problem. they do have a great workout program! the kids dont wanna come! and god forbid if they made it any harder the kids would quit! they also have no leadership at all on the team! not one person! i love pigeon forge football! i wish people would just shut up though and let the coaches do their jobs and stop letting their kids be little girls and quit! suck it up! its FOOTBALL!! it should be the hardest sport in the school! but the kids are too soft! pigeon forge will be good one day! the city needs to get behind them though! students parents families whoever!!

If you're looking for a coach to serve kool-aid and orange slices, you need to have your kid play soccer. A lot of boys don't want to play for "football" coaches because its "football" they are having to play. Its tough, some kids can't hack it so they quit. Then people who don't know any better blame the coaching staff. PF's program will not be able to be successful until the coaches are given full reign, and are allowed to pi** some people, (parents, boosters, whoever) off.

I will say that the coaching staff is doing the best that can be done with what they have. For instance Halls youth programs have been some of the more dominant teams in the past in the much stronger Knoxville leagues. They get into High School and the kids are still 5'5" 120 lbs. They have not gotten any faster. They do get really strong, but it has just not added up to wins. In PF situation, the best players are not always playing football. I would like to see the PF youth programs play in the Knoxville Youth League or at least play some games with them to see how they compare and compete with them.

What is this turmoil in Tiger Land?

It's bad when you go down hill from your coaches first year. Blame the kids maybe some, blame the coaches yes. I know this is not college ball but who gets the blame when things go bad on the college level (ie..Tennessee last year) the coach. The same can be said for high school as well. It's up to the head coach to hire the right people, call the right plays and motivate his players and get them to buy into what he is trying to do with the team. It's also the head coaches job to get the school, student body and community to buy into the team. Bruce Pearl and Russ Huesman (ut chattanooga) are two perfect examples of this. I hate to make the comparison to college coaches but it's true. Maybe PF's coach hasn't bought into his own system. It's bad though when fans from the same school are airing out their frustrations in public. :thumb:

I will say that the coaching staff is doing the best that can be done with what they have. For instance Halls youth programs have been some of the more dominant teams in the past in the much stronger Knoxville leagues. They get into High School and the kids are still 5'5" 120 lbs. They have not gotten any faster. They do get really strong, but it has just not added up to wins. In PF situation, the best players are not always playing football. I would like to see the PF youth programs play in the Knoxville Youth League or at least play some games with them to see how they compare and compete with them.

Halls dominant in the Knoxville Youth programs????? I thought Pilot pretty much dominated the Knoxville programs......