Hampton vs. Johnson County Part 2

paradox

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hamptonites have been quiet all week. They knew better than to give bold pre-game talk against the likes of Johnson Co. The Longhorns have been very consistent in recent years in fielding teams that will knock your head off. I like a team like that.

No one from JC was making bold predictions either. Guess they knew we pretty much was even and also mirrored their team. We dont care to knock your head off either. We came up short last night, could have went either way. Too many penalties and mental mistakes. Time to go back to work and get better.

Just a hard fought ballgame between to good teams. wasn't over til it was over.I'm sure Hampton had had more yardage and moved the ball alot more consistant. But unfortuneately ,stats don't win ballgames. Proud of the way Hampton played, just got to cut back on the penalties. Congrats to JC, a great battle from start to finish.

Just a hard fought ballgame between to good teams. wasn't over til it was over.I'm sure Hampton had had more yardage and moved the ball alot more consistant. But unfortuneately ,stats don't win ballgames. Proud of the way Hampton played, just got to cut back on the penalties. Congrats to JC, a great battle from start to finish.

The thing that impresses me about Johnson Co. is they are fearless. Thats the one team that if they go down, they go down swinging. I'd like to see them give Elizabethton all they want.

Johnson Co played really tough and their QB is a really good player. That said, the officiating was some of the worst I have ever seen last nite. Johnson Co. did nothing but hold the Hampton recievers all nite long and for some reason the officials never called it. I thought there was rule that the recievers could not be touched after 5 yards down the field? Maybe there is no rule in high school, i'm really not sure? If that is the rule, all of the officials last nite should lose their jobs. I also think that if your field is nothing but a sloppy sewer, you should not be allowed to have home games there! I know fields get run down by the end of the year, but that was ridiculous! They need to spend a little money and put in some proper drainage if they want to have games there. Hampton wins this game 19 out of 20 times on just a decent field and just below avg refs.

Johnson Co played really tough and their QB is a really good player. That said, the officiating was some of the worst I have ever seen last nite. Johnson Co. did nothing but hold the Hampton recievers all nite long and for some reason the officials never called it. I thought there was rule that the recievers could not be touched after 5 yards down the field? Maybe there is no rule in high school, i'm really not sure? If that is the rule, all of the officials last nite should lose their jobs. I also think that if your field is nothing but a sloppy sewer, you should not be allowed to have home games there! I know fields get run down by the end of the year, but that was ridiculous! They need to spend a little money and put in some proper drainage if they want to have games there. Hampton wins this game 19 out of 20 times on just a decent field and just below avg refs.

You can't hold the receiver but you can chuck him until the ball is in the air. not like pro rules. Games like this just make you better. Both teams battled until the bitter end. Hampton had about 100 more yards on offence ,but you still have to stick it in the endzone, without the penalties , I'm sure they would have, but thats a part of the game. Hampton will be fine, but ,still got some tuff games left. The playoffs will be here before you know it and you need to get better every week, tougher teams than Johnson Co out there.

You can't hold the receiver but you can chuck him until the ball is in the air. not like pro rules. Games like this just make you better. Both teams battled until the bitter end. Hampton had about 100 more yards on offence ,but you still have to stick it in the endzone, without the penalties , I'm sure they would have, but thats a part of the game. Hampton will be fine, but ,still got some tuff games left. The playoffs will be here before you know it and you need to get better every week, tougher teams than Johnson Co out there.

What is this? Hampton making excuses , I've never heard such. Yall should never gripe about holding. Mike coaches the tackle the defensive end on the sweep block better than anyone in America.