Cheatham Cubs @ Greenbrier Bobcats

BoardHater71

Week 5 has arrived which means the 2009 high school football season is at it's midway point and that means that for the Cubs it is time to take on the Bobcats. This will be the 30th metting all-time between Cheatham County and Greenbrier. Greenbrier leads the all-time series between the schools 21-8. The Cubs won a big district contest last night to pick up their first win of the season and jump back to even within the district. Greenbrier is 3-2 on the season and they, like the Cubs, are also sitting at 1-1 in their district at the end of the first half of the season. Stay tuned to the Cheatham Cubs Football Fan Page by going to http://www.cheathamcubsfanpage.com/fb for a recap of the Montgomery Central game and also for a preview of the Greenbrier game this upcoming week. The broadcast will be tape-delayed so you can listen to this game next Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m.

Both teams have already played Sycamore high school this season. Greenbrier defeated the War Eagles 19-7 while the Cubs fell to the War Eagles 0-27. Both teams will also eventually have Creek Wood as a common opponent this season. Greenbrier fell to the Red Hawks 3-14 and the Cubs do not play them until the final week of the regular season.

Glad to hear that it is going to be "Homecoming 2009" when the Cubs visit Bobcat Stadium this week. I know Cheatham always loves playing against Greenbrier just from the perspective that they are well coached and do things the right way. It will be a very tough challenge especially considering that the game will be at Greenbrier where the Bobcats are always a very tough team to beat because of the environment.

Ah yes....the vaunted hallowed grounds of Greenbrier where one R. Herndon has been granted a special 60 day waiver of eligibility to restore the Bobcats to their lofty years of yore.......then here comes the infamous Cubs to participate in this "brawl".

Keep all the food away from sight as howdoitknow will be in town.

Guys, I really miss the old Region 5-3a ...the old back and blue region "where men were men" and all that.

I miss the chatter from the legendary fans of the Bobcats and even discussing the infamous fumble from the 02 game with Coachard.. I miss the howdoitknow analysis and prognosis about the players and the the various teams........But I especially loved beating up on Region 6 the cupcake capital of western TN football.

I recently was treated for two ailments. One was for surgery to remove a splinter that I got from the Greenbrier OLD visitor stands....there was a name on the splinter...Noah....was that wood ever so old............the other ailment was the recurring poison oak that I got from standing around the visitor dressing room at Cheatham.....doctor says it is a strain found only in CC.

All this aside, this game will be physical and GB looks like it has an edge with the improving Cubs getting better weekly.

Injury report...... before I place my bet

Ah yes....the vaunted hallowed grounds of Greenbrier where one R. Herndon has been granted a special 60 day waiver of eligibility to restore the Bobcats to their lofty years of yore.......then here comes the infamous Cubs to participate in this "brawl".

Keep all the food away from sight as howdoitknow will be in town.

Guys, I really miss the old Region 5-3a ...the old back and blue region "where men were men" and all that.

I miss the chatter from the legendary fans of the Bobcats and even discussing the infamous fumble from the 02 game with Coachard.. I miss the howdoitknow analysis and prognosis about the players and the the various teams........But I especially loved beating up on Region 6 the cupcake capital of western TN football.

I recently was treated for two ailments. One was for surgery to remove a splinter that I got from the Greenbrier OLD visitor stands....there was a name on the splinter...Noah....was that wood ever so old............the other ailment was the recurring poison oak that I got from standing around the visitor dressing room at Cheatham.....doctor says it is a strain found only in CC.

All this aside, this game will be physical and GB looks like it has an edge with the improving Cubs getting better weekly.

Injury report...... before I place my bet

Gosh but those were some good old classic bleachers. 30 years ago they were the Home side when I was in school and I don't even remembe how many years they were considered Home before that.

All the GB vs CC games that the 2002 - 2005 team played were mudbaths.

How could you not love the old Region 5-3A bulldog69..........several great teams, great coaches, and great players. We had Giles, Marshall, Cheatham, Sycamore, Creek Wood, Page, Greenbrier, & Montgomery Central. Those were indeed the good ole days. I would love to go back to that era and have that be the region again because every game in the region week in and week out back then was just a fight.

Yes..... those were the days and before that having Hickman County and Waverly Central in there.....they were outmanned then.

I liked the old set-up because you had to be ready EVERY single week to play.

I miss ol Coach Mac from Marshall co having his "meltdowns" each year during the playoffs.

I still think that the Herndon brothers played a total of 10 years at Greenbrier. I once got in trouble at a game in Greenbrier for offering my glasses to a ref as he was running off the field at halftime....he was not amused and sent a lady principal over to me to ask my name which I gave as Waylon Jennings. She didn't even blink and wrote it down and told me to behave and she would be watching me.......ah yes...those were the days.

Does Greenbrier have a young team this year and is Coachard still around?

I heard that CC has only 4 srs on the team

Yes..... those were the days and before that having Hickman County and Waverly Central in there.....they were outmanned then.

I liked the old set-up because you had to be ready EVERY single week to play.

I miss ol Coach Mac from Marshall co having his "meltdowns" each year during the playoffs.

I still think that the Herndon brothers played a total of 10 years at Greenbrier. I once got in trouble at a game in Greenbrier for offering my glasses to a ref as he was running off the field at halftime....he was not amused and sent a lady principal over to me to ask my name which I gave as Waylon Jennings. She didn't even blink and wrote it down and told me to behave and she would be watching me.......ah yes...those were the days.

Does Greenbrier have a young team this year and is Coachard still around

I heard that CC has only 4 srs on the team

Those were the days bulldog. You're right... you never had a week off.

I wish the boys could have played 10 years. Those were some of the most fun times of my life. One is working on his masters at Vandy and the other is a senior there.

Coachard is still around. He's helping coach the highschool basketball team and he has one in college, one that's about a year old, and 2 inbetween. His hands are full.

Those two were a joy to watch just not when we played them.............they rarely made mistakes and were always humble and enjoyed the game like you are supposed to.

I feel personally that Greenbrier (which had started winning) really took off with those two and their surrounding cast of players............GB got a real nice long run with that momentim for several years.