7 USJ

8 St Benedict

9 St Marys

10 ECS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ--Solid rankings....but being from Knoxville, I think you are under-estimating Bearden. We'll see this week with the match against #4 Soddy-Daisy. Also, Powell from #21 to #20 after losing to South-Doyle, 2-0??? At least, that's what the Knoxville paper reported. Haven't seen the score posted on here or Eurosports...perhaps transam can shed some light on that one. :rolleyes:

Thanks for giving us fans and parents something to talk about!

MJ--Solid rankings....but being from Knoxville, I think you are under-estimating Bearden. We'll see this week with the match against #4 Soddy-Daisy. Also, Powell from #21 to #20 after losing to South-Doyle, 2-0??? At least, that's what the Knoxville paper reported. Haven't seen the score posted on here or Eurosports...perhaps transam can shed some light on that one. :rolleyes:

Thanks for giving us fans and parents something to talk about!

You are correct we lost on 2 Penalty Kicks....can't say the officiating was bad only in our direction as it was horrible both ways. The officials totally took our girls heads outta the game, with touch fouls. South Doyles Keeper played an outstanding game, were it not for PK's should have been a 0-0 tie. I know it seems like picking on the officials, but in addition to having coached, and played the game, I have never seen so many breakaways taken away by penalties. Has the Rule changed that we due not allow advantage play? If you have the ball in your possession, and the other team fouls you, but you maintain possession on a breakaway, are you supposed to blow the whistle? Please educate me you Referees on here, because this happened on at least 5 penalties that were called. There was no flow to the game whatsoever as in the 2nd half, the whistle was blown for a foul a minimum of 1-2 times every minute.

Well, at least they were consistently horrible!

While our refs are on the board commenting, can you share what has changed with slide tackles? I have witnessed only two this year, both executed textbook, clearly clean from the defender (all ball) and the forward arrived late and collapses on the defender and gets the call. In each instance, there was no gray call, it was black and white clean. To separate games, two different officials. So why the call?

Mstreep, just took a look at why that would be. Head to head, yep, understood. Then look at common opponents. Then look at the caliber of teams played and their records. Seems for right now, Briarcrest has had a little more challenging opponents. At this point, it would be a close call either way. Couple more games should yield more solid results.

Mstreep, just took a look at why that would be. Head to head, yep, understood. Then look at common opponents. Then look at the caliber of teams played and their records. Seems for right now, Briarcrest has had a little more challenging opponents. At this point, it would be a close call either way. Couple more games should yield more solid results.

Thanks Canes! I couldn't have said that better myself!

Briarcrest has a tough two weeks coming up....just hope we can keep focused and show our stuff! Also hope that the weather cooperates.....possession play teams just don't do as well in the mud and rain. :roflol:

Well, at least they were consistently horrible!

While our refs are on the board commenting, can you share what has changed with slide tackles? I have witnessed only two this year, both executed textbook, clearly clean from the defender (all ball) and the forward arrived late and collapses on the defender and gets the call. In each instance, there was no gray call, it was black and white clean. To separate games, two different officials. So why the call?

Canes, have to say it is funny you talked about slide tackling, because I think it is a case of some not able to keep up with the speed of play, officials that is. In game with South Doyle, the ref called a penalty on their team, when my daughter slide tackled the South Doyle player, evidentally not realizing my daughter had slide tackled the girl. I guess he thought the girl pushed her down, which if he had been paying attention properly would have realized what the play actually was.

You are correct though, it was consistently horrible both ways, unfortunately our girls let it get to them and didn't play their game.......

Canes-

Don't want to steal your question, would you mind posting the slide tackle question ? There was slide tackle by ECS that resulted in a free kick (She did get ball) for Notre Dame outside of the 18 (and may have been one of our goals, I forget)...but later on, Notre Dame did at least two slide tackles, got ball, and no foul, and the ECS parents were noticably 'concerned'.....from my perspective, it seems that the Notre Dame tackles were more from the side, whereas, the ECS tackle (resulting in foul) was more from behind, and although she got ball, may have been considered a more dangerous approach ? Is that the subjective difference ?

Sorry the weather did not cooperate to match up Collierville and Notre Dame...maybe next year ! :roflol:

D :wacko:

Not sure if you know this or not, but JPII Played St. Agnes Saturday and won 2-1, Centennial Saturday and tied 1-1, and Germantown this Saturday and won 1-0. Not a bad 3 game Saturday :mrgreen:

Don't know your source, but here is the PJPII Team Page. St. Agnes Tie 2-2. The other scores are not posted.

Date Opponent, Rank(nn) Opponent

(w-l-t) Time

Score All

Games Conf

Games Comments

08/10 % Ravenwood (3-1-4) L 1-4

08/13 % Harpeth (4-4-1) 5:30 PM

08/18 % Independence (3-4-3) 5:30 PM

08/20 % CPA (4-2-0) L 1-2

08/25 at Hume-Fogg (6-4-1) W 6-1

08/27 Franklin(11) (6-2-0) L 2-6

08/29 * at Ensworth (2-1-1) L 2-3