Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

We are awake,but we have a lot of sick young men on our team right now.Roll Tribe

Too much cake from the waco party after the game? :popcorneater:

Seriously though, hope they get better even though we need TN High to win this week.

I wouldn't even think about a little conference championship Yell.I would set my sights on getting all your ducks in a row for the playoffs.South ,TH and Boone are all in good shape to do that. I wouldn't overlook Davy this year to still a spot however.It could be the luck of the draw with who matches up best with the Morristown and Knoxville teams in each round.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are awake,but we have a lot of sick young men on our team right now.Roll Tribe

Seriously though, hope they get better even though we need TN High to win this week.

I wouldn't even think about a little conference championship Yell.I would set my sights on getting all your ducks in a row for the playoffs.South ,TH and Boone are all in good shape to do that. I wouldn't overlook Davy this year to still a spot however.It could be the luck of the draw with who matches up best with the Morristown and Knoxville teams in each round.

We just need to get healthy before the playoffs. I still think we can beat any team in 5A. It's just a matter of which team shows up that night.

Hope you all get healthy fast Batman. Is there a Mayberry episode to fit this week? I'm still doctoring all my sores where Mr. McBeeVee used his tree spikes to climb up my back. :popcorneater:

This season has had a lot of episodes like the one where Andy and Barney take the jinx fishing.We have a lot of great kids that have worked real hard this year.Last friday it came together like I said it could all year.Until that game,little letdowns had cost us a chance in most of our games.It had just fired me up to hear people that have no clue talking about these guys like dogs.I take that back,most people respect their dogs more than that.As luck would have it,we are a very sick team and will have even more to overcome against a great TH team.I hope that our boys can get healthy for themselves,and whatever happens the rest of the way,this group can allways talk about how they shut some of their own fans up with one of the best games that the locals have ever seen.Roll Tribe

If your talking about me.......Maybe you should look in the mirror and see who it is that doesn't have a clue. To start with I've been a DB fan for a long, long time. I attended Dobyns Bennett. Im not the one who attended Greenville High School and all of the sudden became a DB football expert wannabe. when my son started playing football for the Tribe. While your son is playing for the Tribe I will be in the stands cheering for him, and when he graduates I will be in the stands cheering for somebody else's son. I won't be going to Greenville games again like you. I will be here just like I've been here for years and you will be gone. You don't have a clue about the DB football history. The only thing you know is that Greenville didn't beat DB for 36 years, won one game and then wouldn't play anymore. I never talked about the players like they were dogs, I told them the truth. You lied to them by telling them they were getting better when they were not. They got better (much better) in the South game and I told them the truth. Like I said before, nobody gets better when you lie to them and pat them on the back. The team practiced hard for two weeks before the South game, the coaches made major changes and worked hard also. There was a bigger improvement in those two weeks than all other weeks combined. They did it more to end the criticism than they did to end your pats on the back. I'll be looking for you in the stands in the years to come. If we ever play Greenville again.

You said the key word Batman. That would be Davy. Crockett will beat someone important and steal their season. They might just beat two people and become a contender.

Hope you all get healthy fast Batman. Is there a Mayberry episode to fit this week? I'm still doctoring all my sores where Mr. McBeeVee used his tree spikes to climb up my back. :popcorneater:

This season has had a lot of episodes like the one where Andy and Barney take the jinx fishing.We have a lot of great kids that have worked real hard this year.Last friday it came together like I said it could all year.Until that game,little letdowns had cost us a chance in most of our games.It had just fired me up to hear people that have no clue talking about these guys like dogs.I take that back,most people respect their dogs more than that.As luck would have it,we are a very sick team and will have even more to overcome against a great TH team.I hope that our boys can get healthy for themselves,and whatever happens the rest of the way,this group can allways talk about how they shut some of their own fans up with one of the best games that the locals have ever seen.Roll Tribe

If your talking about me.......Maybe you should look in the mirror and see who it is that doesn't have a clue. To start with I've been a DB fan for a long, long time. I attended Dobyns Bennett. Im not the one who attended Greenville High School and all of the sudden became a DB football expert wannabe. when my son started playing football for the Tribe. While your son is playing for the Tribe I will be in the stands cheering for him, and when he graduates I will be in the stands cheering for somebody else's son. I won't be going to Greenville games again like you. I will be here just like I've been here for years and you will be gone. You don't have a clue about the DB football history. The only thing you know is that Greenville didn't beat DB for 36 years, won one game and then wouldn't play anymore. I never talked about the players like they were dogs, I told them the truth. You lied to them by telling them they were getting better when they were not. They got better (much better) in the South game and I told them the truth. Like I said before, nobody gets better when you lie to them and pat them on the back. The team practiced hard for two weeks before the South game, the coaches made major changes and worked hard also. There was a bigger improvement in those two weeks than all other weeks combined. They did it more to end the criticism than they did to end your pats on the back. I'll be looking for you in the stands in the years to come. If we ever play Greenville again.

Well, it's either you or me Jack. You gotta admit Batman...it was pretty bad. All that motivation for South. Wow!

Ouch! That may leave a mark. :popcorneater: But who will be in charge of the Kool-Aid after this year?

Yea… I can certainly understand that. I’d be sick too if I had to sit and watch the Viking O on film all week long! Sick… can’t you guys do better than that. dry.gif

How come i saw you walking out of Lowes last night with two gallons of paint?

Too much cake from the waco party after the game? :D

You said the key word Batman. That would be Davy. Crockett will beat someone important and steal their season. They might just beat two people and become a contender.

OMG … Comp… now you’ve gone too far!!! “Crockett will beat someone important and steal their season”??? :popcorneater: Do you realize that in the game against THS everybody but Shamus got to play by halftime! We had kids on crutches looking for a helmet to go in.

And while I’m going there… I may as well get this off my chest. DB should be band from playing the “We are 6A DB” card for the rest of the year after being beat by Boone. And to all this Farragut and Sevier 6A crap… I have one word for you… MARYVILLE!! :popcorneater: Takes on all comers from border to border… and has only loss 4 games in almost a DECADE! It don’t get no better than that!! And before you say “that was in 5A Cap” I will just ask you to look at their schedule now in their FIRST year with the so called BIG BOYS… and then tell me what you think. :popcorneater:

It’s time to take the sugar off and just be real.

:lol:

OMG … Comp… now you’ve gone too far!!! “Crockett will beat someone important and steal their season”??? :popcorneater: Do you realize that in the game against THS everybody but Shamus got to play by halftime! We had kids on crutches looking for a helmet to go in.

And while I’m going there… I may as well get this off my chest. DB should be band from playing the “We are 6A DB” card for the rest of the year after being beat by Boone. And to all this Farragut and Sevier 6A crap… I have one word for you… MARYVILLE!! :D Takes on all comers from border to border… and has only loss 4 games in almost a DECADE! It don’t get no better than that!! And before you say “that was in 5A Cap” I will just ask you to look at their schedule now in their FIRST year with the so called BIG BOYS… and then tell me what you think. :popcorneater:

It’s time to take the sugar off and just be real.

:lol:

From what I've heard you saying on here, TN High isn't going to have a tough game until they get to the championship since Maryville isn't around anymore. I'm curious though. How many times did Maryville end your season during those years they were in 4A because it seems to me like you all got put out an awful lot before you even made it there. At least we put up a fight for a half against them. Waco could probably tell you the score the last time you all played Maryville. He's good at remembering those things. :popcorneater:

From what I've heard you saying on here, TN High isn't going to have a tough game until they get to the championship since Maryville isn't around anymore. I'm curious though. How many times did Maryville end your season during those years they were in 4A because it seems to me like you all got put out an awful lot before you even made it there. At least we put up a fight for a half against them. Waco could probably tell you the score the last time you all played Maryville. He's good at remembering those things. :popcorneater:

How is this for memory RebYell… in the last 15 years, Sullivan South has had 7… count um… SEVEN LOOSING SEASONS!!!!! :popcorneater: In 1999 you didn’t win ONE GAME (0-10). So “putting up a fight” wasn’t even in Souths vocabulary before SUPERMAN got there. The Vikings have had 1 loosing season in 15 years, and have finished no less than second in the conference for the last 10 years. That’s called TRADITION. :popcorneater:

By the way our schools have played each other since South has been around. So all those years that we were “put out before we got to Maryville” prior to the Curt Philips era, you can best believe it was after Sullivan South had already turned in their pads. :lol: