Catholic @ Webb

Irish423

Seen both. Webb by 3 scores. 12-21 pts depending on FGs or TDs. Catholic cant score inside 20 but has great kicker. Webb has more team speed and catholic wont have big scoring plays. Webb will eat clock. Catholic will get frustrated early and get penalties. ScottA11. Dean Smith coached NC not Duke and its 3 yards and cloud of dust not smoke.

I know that Dean coached at UNC that's why I said he would never call a sports radio show talking about how great Duke is in order to hype HIS players up for a rivalry game, it was in reference to 7narow talking about Catholic winning, there is speculation that he's a Webb fan trying to hype his team up. Thanks for the correction anyway, I'll reword it to avoid further confusion. I agree with you about the frustration, Catholic has to keep it's cool out there, penalties have hurt them. Don't want to lose a game like Webb did a few years ago on a personal foul in the endzone. Just messing with you. This game is scary because Webb does have such a good ground game and good team speed as well. The Spartans could eat the clock, but I don't see the game being a 3 score game by either team, maybe a touchdown. Seriously it should be a great game good luck to both teams and I hope both are at full strength for Friday nights battle of the Bluff.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sons youth football team (coached by a former Webb player) could have beaten the teams you guys played lol!

I know webb tried to schedule farragut but they said no for whatever reason. Webb has played ae, bearden, powell and west a bunch. Beat them all every season so they aren't interested in playing. Understand why because they have nothin to gain. If they win they were supposed to, if they lose well it looks bad for a small school with less than 50 players to beat them so why even play in a no win situation like that. Who knew that central and halls would be as weak as they turned out to be. The other 2 games are region games so webb plays who the tssaa says to.

My sons youth football team (coached by a former Webb player) could have beaten the teams you guys played lol!

I know webb tried to schedule farragut but they said no for whatever reason. Webb has played ae, bearden, powell and west a bunch. Beat them all every season so they aren't interested in playing. Understand why because they have nothin to gain. If they win they were supposed to, if they lose well it looks bad for a small school with less than 50 players to beat them so why even play in a no win situation like that. Who knew that central and halls would be as weak as they turned out to be. The other 2 games are region games so webb plays who the tssaa says to.

I have to admit you're right. To be honest with you the only reason those schools are playing Catholic now is the new realignment. Those schools wouldn't play Catholic when Pemberton was here, he tried. He had a hard time finding schools to play. Before the new districts were set up he was looking at games in Kentucky before Rhea County and AE agreed to play. It's really a shame because I've seen both schools feeder programs and they have really good young talent. The so called big boys are trying to protect an image so they won't play the private schools.

So my question is whether Caleb Blance will be back or not? I heard speculation that he might be out for more than one game. To me, that is a huge question. As far as some of the Catholic players overlooking Caleb, it would be very easy to do...until you play the game. Catholic does have the advantage of having run the wing T and should be better prepared than most to defend it. No question that Catholic will have a big size and depth advantage. This could very well turn out to be a war. Wish I could be at this one.

I don't think Catholics offense will have a problem scoring. The only thing Webb has going for them is a bad schedule and the Blance Bros. If either one of them gets loose Catholic might be given fits. But Catholic has always done a great job with containing the big play. Webb gets wake up call this week.

Catholic 31

Webb14

I talked to Caleb's mom this week and she told me that doctors are doubtful that he can play. He has another appointment friday morning but it's very unlikely that Caleb blance will play friday night.

IMHO, that changes everything. Webb not only loses the yardage / score(s) that he could generate, but also the benfit to the rest of Webbs offense of Catholic having to account for Caleb on every play. As much as I hate to say it, Webb was the underdog IMO even with Caleb playing. Without him, it will be an uphill struggle.

I talked to Caleb's mom this week and she told me that doctors are doubtful that he can play. He has another appointment friday morning but it's very unlikely that Caleb blance will play friday night.

IMHO, that changes everything. Webb not only loses the yardage / score(s) that he could generate, but also the benfit to the rest of Webbs offense of Catholic having to account for Caleb on every play. As much as I hate to say it, Webb was the underdog IMO even with Caleb playing. Without him, it will be an uphill struggle.

The Irish have had problems stopping the run this year too. That is Webb's strength their running game. We'll see on Friday.