Brentwood Academy at BGA

letHIMrain

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than last week when they missed a chip shot field goal, BGA has led at the end of the first half in all their games. They wear down in the second half and give up big plays. I think BGA changes that pattern Friday night and wins a close one at home. Prediction: 24-21 BGA.

Not going to make a prediction, but hearing that BGA wears down and gives up the big play would make me very concerned if I were a BGA fan. BGA will not see speed like BA's all year. They are one of the fastest HS teams I've seen in a long time.

Well Caro is out for the season and pleasant is doubtful. But BGA struggles in the second half because of lack of depth. They just dont have numbers like any of the other private schools. 85% of the offense starts on defense. With that being said it is kinda hard chasing around people in this division and going both ways. The game should be a battle and may the best team win

Well Caro is out for the season and pleasant is doubtful. But BGA struggles in the second half because of lack of depth. They just dont have numbers like any of the other private schools. 85% of the offense starts on defense. With that being said it is kinda hard chasing around people in this division and going both ways. The game should be a battle and may the best team win

I mean, yes, depth will always be an issue for BGA simply from an enrollment standpoint. But the same can be said for EHS as well. Only a select few (BA, MUS, MBA usually) have the benefit of platooning the players. After a point, it can't be used as a crutch anymore.

I mean, yes, depth will always be an issue for BGA simply from an enrollment standpoint. But the same can be said for EHS as well. Only a select few (BA, MUS, MBA usually) have the benefit of platooning the players. After a point, it can't be used as a crutch anymore.

According to the TSSAA, BA will carry a slim enrollment advantage into this game - for what that is worth. Also, BA will two platoon a lot - especially on the line.

Division 2-AA

Battle Ground Academy, 392

Ensworth High School, 427

Brentwood Academy, 463

Hutchison School, 466

Briarcrest Christian School, 567

St. Agnes Academy, 608

Pope John Paul II High School, 635

Baylor School, 712

Harpeth Hall High School, 736

Girls Preparatory School, 784

Memphis University School, 828

Father Ryan High School, 870

St. Benedict at Auburndale, 983

Montgomery Bell Academy, 1140

McCallie School, 1304

Christian Brothers High School, 1778

According to the TSSAA, BA will carry a slim enrollment advantage into this game - for what that is worth. Also, BA will two platoon a lot - especially on the line.

Division 2-AA

Battle Ground Academy, 392

Ensworth High School, 427

Brentwood Academy, 463

Hutchison School, 466

Briarcrest Christian School, 567

St. Agnes Academy, 608

Pope John Paul II High School, 635

Baylor School, 712

Harpeth Hall High School, 736

Girls Preparatory School, 784

Memphis University School, 828

Father Ryan High School, 870

St. Benedict at Auburndale, 983

Montgomery Bell Academy, 1140

McCallie School, 1304

Christian Brothers High School, 1778

FYI BA's male breakdown:

Senior class - 47 boys in the class, of which 16 play football

Junior class - 58 boys in the class, of which 26 play football

Sophomore class - 59 boys in the class, of which 23 play football

Freshman class - 66 boys in the class, of which 34 play football (none on the varsity team however)

230 boys in the high school, 99 on the football team - 65 (not including freshmen) that play "varsity"

Not much disparity between BGA and BA numbers wise - BA has guys that go both ways too.

FYI BA's male breakdown:

Freshman class - 66 boys in the class, of which 34 play football (none on the varsity team however)

230 boys in the high school, 99 on the football team - 65 (not including freshmen) that play "varsity"

Not much disparity between BGA and BA numbers wise - BA has guys that go both ways too.

BGA has 19 Juniors and Seniors on the football team vs. 42 at BA. That is a significant disparity in numbers in the upper classes. BGA's freshman and sophomore numbers are more in line with BA's so this won't be an issue in two years. BGA has two freshmen starters and seven sophomores. How many freshmen and sophomores start at BA? Numbers aside, BGA will show up and compete.

FYI BA's male breakdown:

BGA has 19 Juniors and Seniors on the football team vs. 42 at BA. That is a significant disparity in numbers in the upper classes. BGA's freshman and sophomore numbers are more in line with BA's so this won't be an issue in two years. BGA has two freshmen starters and seven sophomores. How many freshmen and sophomores start at BA? Numbers aside, BGA will show up and compete.

Numbers on the football team is not the issue - number of boys in the school is - I would bet the number of boys in the junior and senior class are roughly the same or somewhat close - getting more boys to come out for the team is where these "depth" issues seem to come into play. BA plays 6 sophomores and a handful of others see some spot duty, the youth is a non issue (most of the "playing" team is juniors) - no freshmen play because they aren't needed, they have their own team (again most of the team is sophomores and juniors).

I never questioned BGA showing up to play, I know they will, they always do. I always cringe a little bit when someone mentions "youth" or "inexperience" to justify their shortcomings. Both teams have played a number of games and scrimmages (along with 2 months of practice and a long summer and spring of strength and conditioning).

Should be a great game.