Alcoa makes rivals 100 debut

ILuvsports

I am pointing out.......just that they greatly benefit as Maryville did with a wealth of OOZ players

Here is the main reason 'lil reb whines so much........Maryville is now their own worst enemy. Their success in sports and academics has pushed the enrollment up to 6A levels and the high school system is now at capacity. To slow the flood of OOZ players and students, Maryville increased the tuition to $2200. Now with the enrollment at 1555 students, Maryville can no longer take OOZ players like they have for the last 10 years of Maryville's successful years.

But, Alcoa could still bring in tuition students up to two years ago. Now, with Alcoa at capacity, only tuition students in the system and meeting academic requirements can stay at Alcoa. No OOZ students are being accepted at Alcoa currently. Plans are in the works to increase capacity of Alcoa High School. That should help Alcoa compete in 3A for years to come! :lol:

Bottom line, Maryville had to turn the OOZ flood gate off and lil' rel is jealous! :thumb:

Wrong....we solved that potential issue by just moving them into the city of Maryville. Cost a little more but the results are the same. What is so funny is the Alcoan's trying to push this "little school" fallacy to the unknowing. What is even more hilarious it that most Alcoans actually believe it...... :thumb:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong....we solved that potential issue by just moving them into the city of Maryville. Cost a little more but the results are the same. What is so funny is the Alcoan's trying to push this "little school" fallacy to the unknowing. What is even more hilarious it that most Alcoans actually believe it...... :lol:

Looks like you just dodged the Facts and changed the subject lil' Reb!

"push this "little school" fallacy to the unknowing".............(this one's :thumb: )

Fact Maryville High School is a 6A School with 1555 students per TSSAA.

Fact Alcoa High School is a 3A School with 544 students per TSSAA.

Do you not believe 544 to be little/smaller than 1555? :thumb:

Wrong....we solved that potential issue by just moving them into the city of Maryville. Cost a little more but the results are the same. What is so funny is the Alcoan's trying to push this "little school" fallacy to the unknowing. What is even more hilarious it that most Alcoans actually believe it...... :thumb:

:

What a wack.........must of got hit in the head to many times! :thumb:

That is a low class chicken crap comment BC. Totally uncalled for. You should truly apologize to all of us for that (especially MLREB). Very low blow! :thumb:

Wrong....we solved that potential issue by just moving them into the city of Maryville. Cost a little more but the results are the same. What is so funny is the Alcoan's trying to push this "little school" fallacy to the unknowing. What is even more hilarious it that most Alcoans actually believe it...... :lol:

Looks like you just dodged the Facts and changed the subject lil' Reb!

"push this "little school" fallacy to the unknowing".............(this one's :) )

Fact Maryville High School is a 6A School with 1555 students per TSSAA.

Fact Alcoa High School is a 3A School with 544 students per TSSAA.

Do you not believe 544 to be little/smaller than 1555? :)

What a wack.........must of got hit in the head to many times! :thumb:

You know exactly what I am say............37% OOZ players equate to .....it doesn't matter what you school size is....... :thumb:

OK. I am new to the board but I have read for quite some time about the zone stuff (I would do it if I could get away with it and so would anybody else), nobody wants to play Alcoa (having to have contracts and travel like crazy to pick up out of district games), and now the rivals 100 ranking which I believe the Alcoa program is very deserving. It used to be that you could play up from your school classification meaning Alcoa could play as a 3a school or 4+a. Why don't they move up. I guess I could understand wanting to make sure the team has their "due" path to a championship going through relatively undermaned teams. So how can Alcoa consider itself to be the best without truly playing the best the state has to offer. Should they hold themselves to a higher standard to try to be the best they can be or simply hang around and talk about being the best and playing to lesser opposition. Not saying that the Milan's out there can't spank you, but those programs are few and far between in 3a (just look at the top ten).

Wow. Incredible that someone puts that much time into finding out which kids are out of zone. My kid plays, and I couldn't even tell you which kids are out of zone by looking at the roster. Can you really call a student out of zone if they're allowed to go to AHS if their parent works for the city? I would venture to say that 37% is high, though. I would think if you're going to go that route, you'd have to exclude teachers' kids, as well as kids of city employees.

I'm sure MHS has some out of zone kids, too. They haven't closed their doors to some students who don't live in the city. In fact, someone I know was just approached about sending their kids to Maryville (I think it was another parent, not a coach or an administrator...just to be clear), but the dad's response was that he'd send him to AHS before MHS.

This thread is getting completely out of hand. We've been here before. Why isn't anybody talking about Oak Ridge being open-zone? And, what about Fulton and their "co-op" players? There are many, many school systems who allow students who are zoned for another school to come to their school. Alcoa is no different than many other school systems.

Let's get on with another subject, or have this thread closed.