Chattanooga Basketball

RobertPaulson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is very interesting to here about Bradley and the already self proclaimed State Champs for the season Tyner Rams. I was under impression they did not have all thier players due to football playoffs, then I heard they did.

I am happy to here someone be honest about Tyner and Bradley. What about the Cooper kid who signed with North Carolina A&T how did he look?

...I can 'honestly' say that we beat Red Bank twice last season...don't worry about the Cooper kid...we have a whole season ahead of us...nobody said we were 'self-proclaimed' anything...that's just folks on this board that are not close to the program trying to get information...and the Rams are missing three of the seven returning varsity players from last year because of Football!!!

Ok, I thought I would put my two cents in. 1st off, classy posts by everybody. It's good that we can have passsionate discussions without namecalling. Kudos for Chattanooga fans.

Let's 1st generally address Chattanooga Basketball:

Good talent & coaching at A & AA. AAA is a little young right now, but we'll know more as the season progresses.

District 6-AA may be the toughest district in the state. Each night, every team can be beat. Yes, Howard, Red Bank, & Tyner has some good piesces & experience and could be considered favorites, but all are subject to "parental/ fan intervention" and at that point anything goes.

I expect Arts & Sciences & Grace to be pretty good, possibly sub-state & state level. Grace does have experience, particularly in the backcourt, which is crucial.

McCallie should make a run for the state. Two top 100 players (in some ATL circles they talk about the SG like he's the next Lebron). Good, experienced coaching & good shooters returning.

Howard: I know I said I was talking about individuals, but Howard plays as one unit. Great defense! returns most players from a 4th ranked team in the state.

Michael Bradley: Bradley's back to the basket game needs work, but his faceup game is a lot better than he's given credit for. He has a good motor & runs the court well. Above all, he works hard, is coachable , and he's 6'9!We (myself inlcuded)have a tendency to superinflate our own knowledge of basketball & minimize that of the people who are paid to do it. I'm certainly not in the position to argue with the coaches from UConn, Boston College, Drake, Georgia, etc. He was also ranked top 100 by Scouts.com. Doubt that anyone else is either.

Ok, I thought I would put my two cents in. 1st off, classy posts by everybody. It's good that we can have passsionate discussions without namecalling. Kudos for Chattanooga fans.

Good talent & coaching at A & AA. AAA is a little young right now, but we'll know more as the season progresses.

District 6-AA may be the toughest district in the state. Each night, every team can be beat. Yes, Howard, Red Bank, & Tyner has some good piesces & experience and could be considered favorites, but all are subject to "parental/ fan intervention" and at that point anything goes.

I expect Arts & Sciences & Grace to be pretty good, possibly sub-state & state level. Grace does have experience, particularly in the backcourt, which is crucial.

McCallie should make a run for the state. Two top 100 players (in some ATL circles they talk about the SG like he's the next Lebron). Good, experienced coaching & good shooters returning.

Howard: I know I said I was talking about individuals, but Howard plays as one unit. Great defense! returns most players from a 4th ranked team in the state.

Michael Bradley: Bradley's back to the basket game needs work, but his faceup game is a lot better than he's given credit for. He has a good motor & runs the court well. Above all, he works hard, is coachable , and he's 6'9!We (myself inlcuded)have a tendency to superinflate our own knowledge of basketball & minimize that of the people who are paid to do it. I'm certainly not in the position to argue with the coaches from UConn, Boston College, Drake, Georgia, etc. He was also ranked top 100 by Scouts.com. Doubt that anyone else is either.

Yes bradley needs work,he's also younger than most seniors(just turned 17)only been playing basketball for 2 and a half years,i saw him play against two division 1 seven footers in louisville(minnesota playground)and he wore those guys out,he plays better against bigger kids.He will be a good ball player just needs some time and good coaching in college.he does play alot better with his face to the basket,in college thats how they will use him he's not a traditional center,his shot has improved a ton,odd that he missed his freethrows.Good luck Big mike!The reason big colleges are looking at him is because he's a very hard worker,listens well, and you can't coach 6'9!He's actually 6'10.

I watched Bradley against mccallie last night, and his talent level is obvious. His low scoring (I believe only 5 pts) was due to his lack of offensive touches. But he definitely has potential to be the best player around by season's end. I believe the mccallie player that you were referring to is jordan price. He is another extremely gifted athlete, and a player to watch for this season.

As far as playoff teams, I think grace and A&S have the potential to be playing in the boro in the A playoffs. Howard and Tyner will obviously challenge in AA, and Mccallie could be the best D II team in the state. Chattanooga will definitely be represented well in the postseason.

i am not surprised that no one mentioned the BRAINERD PANTHERS i know we lost alot last year but dont count us out we have a couple of seniors that can lead them to a good season and we will only get better as the season goes on and with the annual trip to the bahamas and i heard we are in the arbys classic so we play a tougher schedule then anyone in the city so look out for the us this year and TMAC (remember last year you said brainerd would be terrible, we only had 3 returning players from the year before and we end up making it to semi finals of the state) it will be a long year but i think my boys will surprise people

i am not surprised that no one mentioned the BRAINERD PANTHERS i know we lost alot last year but dont count us out we have a couple of seniors that can lead them to a good season and we will only get better as the season goes on and with the annual trip to the bahamas and i heard we are in the arbys classic so we play a tougher schedule then anyone in the city so look out for the us this year and TMAC (remember last year you said brainerd would be terrible, we only had 3 returning players from the year before and we end up making it to semi finals of the state) it will be a long year but i think my boys will surprise people

...How about 'surprising' us by posting your entire basketball schedule on CoachT...it's the least you can do since you 'claim' to have a tougher schedule than anyone in the city!!!

...How about 'surprising' us by posting your entire basketball schedule on CoachT...it's the least you can do since you 'claim' to have a tougher schedule than anyone in the city!!!

i sure will do that and i hope you dont think that tyner has a tougher schedule then brainerd we go to the bahamas and play teams thats ranked in the nation during thanksgiving who does tyner play?????????????????? and the arby classic is enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Our schedule is tough enough...we play in Memphis for Thanksgiving in the Penny Hardaway Tournament...I am sure some of those Memphis teams will be at the State Tournament...also in the Best of Preps before the Christmas holidays!!!

...We know Brainerd will be ready...but so will Howard, Red Bank and the rest of the teams in our District!!!

...Our schedule is tough enough...we play in Memphis for Thanksgiving in the Penny Hardaway Tournament...I am sure some of those Memphis teams will be at the State Tournament...also in the Best of Preps before the Christmas holidays!!!

...We know Brainerd will be ready...but so will Howard, Red Bank and the rest of the teams in our District!!!

From one RAM to another.....GO RAMS!!!!

RAM PRIDE!!!!

You most definitely have to include Brainerd as contenders! When you look at District 6AA, you're looking at a district that consists of 3 2008-2009 District Champs (Regular Season)(Brainerd, Howard, Red bank). Two of those teams went to the State. Red Bank & Howard returns most of their productive players. You throw in TYner, who lost at the sub-state level and you have a very competitive district. Hixson, East Ridge, and Central will put some good athletes on the floor as well. Who knows what East Hamilton will have. I tend to think they may struggle a bit despite solid coaching.

You most definitely have to include Brainerd as contenders! When you look at District 6AA, you're looking at a district that consists of 3 2008-2009 District Champs (Regular Season)(Brainerd, Howard, Red bank). Two of those teams went to the State. Red Bank & Howard returns most of their productive players. You throw in TYner, who lost at the sub-state level and you have a very competitive district. Hixson, East Ridge, and Central will put some good athletes on the floor as well. Who knows what East Hamilton will have. I tend to think they may struggle a bit despite solid coaching.

you made a good point because brainerd and howard are used to going undefeated in their past districts and throw in redbank every game will be good chattanooga basketball is back people we can now see the best of the best play at least twice a year and the other teams in the district will make it exciting with the upsets because im sure there will be some good luck to my panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!