DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

What a great group of posters. Things finally got settled down and things are they way they are, a lot of viewpoints that are definitely not the same but an effort to discuss the matter. This season was going to tax the viewpoints of many even two months before the season started and we got closed. Play has been intense from the beginning. I don't think everyone involved does not think or know what is involved. Yes, six schools do know at this point who their games are with and likely have the schedule posted in their room. After watching 7AAA a few years, this is the best over all talent i have seen. Good luck tonite.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its perfectly Ok with me for you guys to "toot" your own horn. I just made a comment that I think you guys will lose a game or two in the district because this district is so good. Jazzypha seems to think you want. She maybe right, who knows? I have a question of my own. Why am I getting attacked for having an opinion on a message board? I thought thats why they were here. I haven't said anything bad about Lavergne, nothing but compliments. If you will check, I am the one that said officiating had nothing to do with Lavergne pulling out the win over Blackman.

Ok Blaze...I don't think I ever posted that LaVergne was not beatable, I think that's been your own interpretation of my posts....actually go back & look at pg 8 of this thread. I am very realistic about the talent in this district & know that ANY team is beatable on any given night. There might be one exception & that could be the ladies @ Gibson County :popcorneater:

I think you might need a history lesson about this group of girls....the same group of girls have been playing together since middle school, either at LMS or Rock Springs. We have not had any transfers but a lot have left. At LaVergne Middle, which included LaQuinta Jefferson, Jasmine Dale, Easha King & Stephanie Myers, they went 14-0 in the regular season. They lost in the Rutherford Co Middle School Tournament to Rock Spring which included Alex Swope, Jasmine Brimm, Missy Brimm & yep, Ms. Shelby Campbell who's your starting point guard. And just think if Shelby was still at LaVergne.....

Anyways, back to the lesson.... LMS went ahead & won the TMSSAA Southern Area Tournament & was runner up in the TMSSAA Southern Sectional Tournament losing to a very good Sycamore team which at that time included the Bliss twins.

They all came together at LHS to a program that had only won 3 games prior to their arrival. For the last 3 years they have played in a very tough 9AAA district, and had to listen to all the naysayers and receive constant criticism of them & their program. As freshmen, they came in & made an impact in the program, the second year, expected to do well, they loss to Beech on their home floor by a point. Last year, well you know the story the beat a very good Wilson Central team & ended up losing in substate to the eventual state champions, Hillsboro.

Now, we come to 7AAA and once again we have to listen to naysayers & people like you saying we are on a "high horse" because I post "the good" about our girls at LaVergne. I am very proud of our girls and the start they have been able to achieve is awesome . They could have folded after losing Quinta/Missy even before the season started, but they didn't. They could have given up after hearing that nobody wanted to play them, the reason for the somewhat "soft" early schedule, but they didn't.

The girls have worked thru all kinds of adversity to be where they are now. So when I get on here I post what I know about this program & these girls, I owe you or no one else any explanation. I am going to continue to post the good & the bad about our games & if you don't like it, then oh well.

I believe in every single one of the girls/coaches that's a part of the LHS baskeball program.

Support & praise your team & I'm going to support & praise my team because if I don't noone else will.

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Blackman High School (13 - 3 - 0) 11 13 4 10 38

Riverdale High School (12 - 2 - 0) 12 14 12 9 47

Game Summary

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Blackman High School 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Riverdale High School 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Blackman High School

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

20 Shelby Campbell 7 0 1 0

32 Kortnay Cox 4 0 0 0

10 Chelsey Hall 2 0 0 0

0 NeTanya Jackson 10 0 0 0

34 Tiera Norris 2 0 0 0

33 Kelsey Nowlin 6 0 0 0

25 Katie Smith 7 0 0 0

Riverdale High School

24 Shacobia Barbee 10 0 0 0

20 Jaclissa Haislip 12 0 1 0

23 Ashley Henry 9 0 3 0

34 Olivia Jones 6 0 0 0

25 Natalie Lanning 5 0 1 0

22 Tyisha Petty 0 0 0 0

33 Candace Spurlock 3 0 1 0

Other editions: Mobile | News Feeds | E-Newsletters Find it: Jobs | Cars | Real Estate | Apartments | Shopping | Classifieds

Smyrna High School @ La Vergne High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:30PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Smyrna High School (13 - 5 - 0) 13 14 4 14 45

La Vergne High School (18 - 0 - 0) 17 6 10 19 52

Game Summary

Game Statistics

Smyrna High School 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

La Vergne High School 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Smyrna High School

15 Ty Hampton 6 0 0 0

22 Antoinette Jenkins 10 0 2 0

32 Ashley Kee 5 0 1 0

55 Ashley Lassiter 8 0 0 0

10 Toyree Watkins 9 0 2 0

23 Katie Williams 7 0 1 0

La Vergne High School

23 Jasmine Brimm 18 0 1 0

4 Kayla Hunt 13 0 2 0

3 LaQuinta Jefferson 8 0 0 0

34 Stepahnie Myers 11 0 0 0

13 Alex Swope 2 0 0 0

Other editions: Mobile | News Feeds | E-Newsletters Find it: Jobs | Cars | Real Estate | Apartments | Shopping | Classifieds

Siegel High School @ Oakland High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:30PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Siegel High School (15 - 3 - 0) 14 15 12 14 55

Oakland High School (8 - 8 - 0) 6 5 9 15 35

Game Summary

Game Statistics

Siegel High School 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Oakland High School 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Siegel High School

22 Shanice Cason 16 0 1 0

34 Imani Chatman 7 0 0 0

33 Caralisa Connell 17 0 0 0

20 Sarah Donkin 3 0 1 0

5 Macari Harrison 6 0 2 0

32 Shikera Johnson 2 0 0 0

25 Kelsey Naish 4 0 0 0

Oakland High School

11 Monica Barrett 2 0 0 0

1 Ke Ke Cook 5 0 1 0

10 Haley Cowan 2 0 0 0

24 Hayley Randolph 8 0 1 0

22 Ellen Riggins 16 0 0 0

30 Erica Smith 2 0 0 0

Nothing is easy in 7AAA as records mean nothing. The records mean nothing and what is really at stke when the players and coaches and fans see each other during the week, the sense of pride of their school and how they played, win or lose. All of this leads up to who can play the best in both halves of the District and the leading up to the District Tournament, the Regional Tournament, and to the State. The games played this first half allows teams to reposition themselves and unless this season is any different than others, will highlight the pressure packed second half which will reposition teams for the matchup for the Tournament time. To win this Districts regular season the way these teams are playing leaves no doubt about the D1 prospects that have already signed. There are others. But the matchups are now personal to players and coaches. These games tonite were good shows. It will be that way the rest of the way.

Yes, Riverdale did win at home against Blackman. Lavergne did beat Smyrna in a close one. and Siegel did beat Oakland but its obvious there is another game to play against each of the schools and no one is feeling extremely safe in their win tonite. It appears that just about every team can still beat each other and Coaches and Players are laying their plans as are fans.

There is some real talent playing and a lot of Coaching Talent trying to pull out these wins. It is worth watching.

BLACKMAN VS OAKLAND=BLACKMAN SIEGEL VS LaVergne=SIEGEL RIVERDALE VS SMYRNA=RIVERDALE.HERE ARE YOUR WINNERS.WHAT'S THE WORD THUNDER BIRD.WE BEEN WAITING ON THIS GAME FOR A LONG TIME.WE ARE READY TO RUN . :D:popcorneater::D .

Alrighty Bballlady.....I have to go with you on all of the predictions except for that Siegel/LaVergne matchup....I've got LAVERGNE. That's the "word" thunderbird!!

Hey Mr. Phargis will u be at the game @ Siegel on tomorrow??

@ Riverdaleman...thanks, I was wondering what happened to him. Maybe he might pay us a visit from time to time.

How about the Riverdale/Blackman matchup on Friday....what it be like Rdman?? Maybe Bri, hicotton or blazealltheway can give some insight, also... Should be another barnburner!!

well prior to friday night i saw my LADY WARRIORS win this one hands down HOWEVER with the 1 point loss to lavergne and a chance to win the game i am worried but i am RIVERDALEMAN so i say my LADY WARRIORS take this by 6=10 points

not too far off what i predicted but the big thing is it was A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!I only got to see the first QTR of this game do to some one having the bright idea of playing a dadgum JV middle school tournament on friday night WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE the tournament is nothing but a fundraiser so why do it on friday night when it is high school basketball night ?

I've got to give Riverdale credit. They came out in the 3rd quarter aggressive & determined & we didn't. We didn't show up till midway thru the 4th & by then it was too late. If we had stuck with what was working it would have been closer.

The stats confirm what you say. The game was even except for the third.However, Lavergne must not have shot well in the second. Blackman looks like they ball controlled and played defense the rest of the game. Thats what they won with last year. It's obvious both teams are better this year than last. Much better.

Jan 8 RD @ Oakland 6:30

Siegel @ Smyrna

Blackman @ Lavergne

Jan 12 Smyrna @ RD

Oakland @ Blackman

Lavergne @ Siegel

Jan.15Smyrna @ LaVergne

Siegel @ Oakland

RD @ Blackman

Jan 19 Blackman@Smyrna

Lavergne@Oakland

RD@Siegel

Jan 22 Oakland @Smyrna

Riverdale@Lavergne

Siegel@Blackman

So now the last two dates finish up the first half of the District and finish up next Friday. Tuesday is two sleeper games that could wind up changing a couple oif things. Blackman has to go to Smyrna. In their house, Smyrna plays extremely tough this year. This game will be extremely close, within 3. The matchups between Siegel and Riverdale @ Siegel have been legendary over the years. Alan Bush always has something in mind when RD comes to Siegel. RD can't overlook this match for the one at Lavergne next Friday night. Hard games keep showing up for the next three weeks. Blackman , Friday, has to go to Siegel in a matchup that now has a lot of bearing on District standing and has always been a great game.

Great post j-pha! I'm with you. I'm glad to see someone else sticking up for LaVergne, as it seems like it's been a long time coming. I think LaVergne has a LOT of talented athletes that may have been overlooked along the way. They've gelled and bonded with their teammates, and they're waking people up. I have to say that the Stewarts Creek HS not being built/open yet has probably helped us a lot, since we haven't had to lose players to yet another re-zoning.

This is an awesome district - I think every team has talent, and every school has pride in their team. It does really stink in some ways the way state is set up - I think SEVERAL of these teams could make a run at state, but some will have to be eliminated along the way. I hope our girls keep working hard and get their chance! They deserve it before they graduate and go their separate ways. :roflol:

Keep up the good work Lady Wolverines!

Things went pretty much as I thought tonight. Blackman started slow and let Riverdale get out to a quick 8-0 lead. Played hard to catch up. Then started slow to start the 3rd quarter and let Riverdale stretch out another lead and could not recover. Netanya Jackson for Blackman played great, maybe her best game as a Lady Blaze. I thought Cox played well. The one player Blackman needs to play better in these big games is Tierra Norris. She has played well all year but couldn't get it going tonight. Riverdales young talent has mixed well with their veterans and right now they are a little better than Blackman, but not alot.

Blackman is now 1-2 in the district and these games will start becoming critical. One positive for Blackman is they have played both Riverdale and Lavergne now on the road. Return matches will be at home.

lavergne5 and jazzy - I don't know how much nicer I can be to Lavergne. I'm not sure how I can be a naysayer. I said they could win the state - doesnt sound too negative to me. I would hate to see what you guys would say about me if I was critical of them. I have now been called a hater and naysayer for saying that I think they will lose a game or two this year but may very well win the state championship.

lavergne5 - I agree with what you say about it being ashame that some of these teams wont be able to make it very far in the tournament due to playing each other. I think it is very important to be in the top 2 in the district this year just to insure that you make it to the regional. One of these 5 very good teams wont even make it to the region. Hard to believe. I assume the top 2 will get 1st round byes in the district tournament.

Great post j-pha! I'm with you. I'm glad to see someone else sticking up for LaVergne, as it seems like it's been a long time coming. I think LaVergne has a LOT of talented athletes that may have been overlooked along the way. They've gelled and bonded with their teammates, and they're waking people up. I have to say that the Stewarts Creek HS not being built/open yet has probably helped us a lot, since we haven't had to lose players to yet another re-zoning.

This is an awesome district - I think every team has talent, and every school has pride in their team. It does really stink in some ways the way state is set up - I think SEVERAL of these teams could make a run at state, but some will have to be eliminated along the way. I hope our girls keep working hard and get their chance! They deserve it before they graduate and go their separate ways. :roflol:

Keep up the good work Lady Wolverines!

5, some of my posts have been misunderstood. This District really has fans who support these schools!!!! Jazzy has misunderstood my posts on attendance but really really dealt with the "sticking up for Lavergne" statement. Each school is going to have to take of promoting and supporting their own and I don't think any one could say "L" doesn't do it. All teams are at the point NOW, that team support will be a DETERMINING factor on which teams keep on and every team wants their own to keep going. Times like this only come once a year if even then and to not provide the best support by fans, students, etc, will not help. Good luck to all schools.