DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Jazzy, whoa, you mean those Siegel referees showed up for last nites game. Whew, I had promised RD that those would be saved for the game with RD. Well, thats 3 more for the RD game............three for the Tournament.........OH me, life isn't easy.

Too funny!!! I have to go back & use one of bballlady's quote....I think they might have been from Footlocker...if so, tell them we don't need or want their services anymore. They can stay right where they are & make their $7.25/hr & call it a night.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Blaze again struggled last night. Played good defense but just can't seem to put the ball in the basket consistently. Jackson was the only one that I thought played a really good offensive game

We will not beat Riverdale playing like that but I do believe they can rise to the occasion. They seem to play their best against the really good teams

I think Friday's game is going to be a good one...good to hear Tanya is playing good ball. She could be the key to the struggling offense over there. Contrary to what oldhoopsdad posted, RD won't have anymore "statement games" as they did w/LaVergne. Should be a close one down to the end.

Jazzy, whoa, you mean those Siegel referees showed up for last nites game. Whew, I had promised RD that those would be saved for the game with RD. Well, thats 3 more for the RD game............three for the Tournament.........OH me, life isn't easy.

Yep, they were there! I think they were even more impressive during the boys' game... looked like one of the refs and one of Siegel's coaches were making dinner plans :thumb: or something. Coach seemed to have more to say to the ref (with a smile on his face) than his own team during some timeouts. LOL - Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be someplace besides the LaVergne/Smyrna game Friday night?

Yep, they were there! I think they were even more impressive during the boys' game... looked like one of the refs and one of Siegel's coaches were making dinner plans :thumb: or something. Coach seemed to have more to say to the ref (with a smile on his face) than his own team during some timeouts. LOL - Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be someplace besides the LaVergne/Smyrna game Friday night?

Agreed lavergne5, it's going to be tough enough playing @ Smyrna, so we definately don't need that type of foolishness going on from the referees!! My daughter said they were told they would be "t'd up" if they ran out again at the half court line & this was after the game was over....is this a new rule or something?

Jazzy, maybe an official on here could answer your question. The only thing I can think of is fans storming the floor after the game but these are players. Maybe players can only storm the court after the game only on their own side of half court. Not heard of the rule but maybe your coach knows of it. You might ask him because the players need to know. Officials must, and rightly so, be concerned with crowd control however it occurs. These 7AAA games have large crowds. An official might help if they could help with the answer as well as for other schools. The game I saw there the crowd was very well behaved at the girls game.

Now as far as the Coach talking to the referees, I do see more of that done this year as communication certainly seems to be the word of the day. With crowds as large as they are and loud, a good understanding of calls certainly helps with the game so fast. Dinner?, thought the home team provided that :thumb::evil::D ,except when RDMAN furnishes Chili then there is a charge.

Phargis i am glad you brought the chili up as the football team is having a chili supper friday night at RIVERDALE in the annex starting at 530 after just caravan over to blackman for the game

GO LADY WARRIORS

Caravan????????You must think there is something special about this one. Something tells me if anyone is going to this one you better get there early and expect there to be a STRONG Chili smell coming from the Blackman GYM. This one likely will be a full house, like in attendance, not cards. I'm sure the Blaze will be there cause he likely thinks "Not in Blackmans House". This should be one of the top Girls Basketball events of regular season.

And now about the Lavergne/Smyrna game friday nite, this is a matchup both schools have been waiting for far some time. Smyrna feels they have not gotten their faor shares of wins althugh have played good enough to have a number of good wins. This likely is the best 5th place team in their District in the State. How many one point losses do you have to have? They are ready and are playing good enough to finish one against one of the top schools. Being a top rival of Lavergne, Lavergne is looking over their shoulder hoping to put off Smyrna getting their first win over over one of the top three teams, and they are capable. This is another one of those games that should be a full house as these two friendly rivals are within 3 miles of each other.

referees have jursidiction over the court until they actually leave the floor so technically they could issue technicals after the game is over. Although I have never seen it done before

I knew that & saw it done a couple of years ago when LaVergne played at Wilson Central.

I got a better explanation, she said they were told when the run out at the very beginning, before the game starts, they cannot go midcourt & high five each other. If they did it would be a technical. She said the referee told this to one of the coaches after the game was over. I have seen teams do this all the time & for a ref to mention it 20+ games in the season, seems rather strange.

referees have jursidiction over the court until they actually leave the floor so technically they could issue technicals after the game is over. Although I have never seen it done before

I knew that & saw it done a couple of years ago when LaVergne played at Wilson Central.

I got a better explanation, she said they were told when the run out at the very beginning, before the game starts, they cannot go midcourt & high five each other. If they did it would be a technical. She said the referee told this to one of the coaches after the game was over. I have seen teams do this all the time & for a ref to mention it 20+ games in the season, seems rather strange.

JP-I remember that game, never could figure out the reasoning for the T's. And now I'm really confused... they can't go midcourt & high five, at the START of the game? Maybe that's just getting a little to close to the opponent, and they're trying to make sure teams aren't instigating trouble. I assume it's still OK for them to come out of the huddle and high-five each other, as long as they stay on their own side of the court?

Gee, maybe that's why Siegel's boys' team never comes on the floor when they are announced. I honestly don't remember if the girls did or not. Maybe it's one of those rules that Siegel was informed of, but nobody else was? (People, I'm just kidding. Please don't take me seriously! :thumb: )