DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

7AAA is fortunate for its fans. They have struggled for every moment for 4 years and have loved every minute because they are just like the ones here with expressions of joy, love, remembrances, personal contact and personally knowing each other because they live in the same community, Some playing and traveling with each other in the summer but when the games start, they are sitting across the gym from each other being as partison and can be expected. They have respect for each other because sometimes the players may have visited in each others homes but for sure have associated with each other on travel teams and look forward to the bragging rights games, the many Battles of Rutherford and traveling to the other schools, the great atmosphere at each of the sites. The great presentations of the Honor Guards, the singing of the National Anthem, The Pep Bands, the half time presentations and the sitting in the stands complaining about the officiating. All are part of the "Big Show" of Girls High School Basketball along with the Popcorn, cokes and Pizza and sometimes the great Chili.

So now we begin to look forward to finishing and getting to State. This is a special time of the year. After an inauspicious start of this site in October that was closed, Riverdaleman started the "Dramaless" site, can you imagine that 7AAA Dramaless. Many have posted and many have been recognized. Many have contributed. Riverdaleman has led and did get his caravan and chili recognized. Jazzy agonized thru the first half, afraid every week the bubble wouold burst and another injury would show up. Bri kept watching the little girl in the middle hoping she would be able to contribute for Blackman. BBLady, the Thunderbird, kept hoping nothing serious would happen to the roadrunner.

Smokey Mts kept watching hoping for another vist to the State, Oakland piped in to not count out the school and it proved to be right, they were improved. Smyrna could still cause someone to cry as they were the best 5th placed school in th state and deserved a record better than they have. Blaze piped in with pertinent information which enhanced the site. And there have been a cast of thousands, students, parents, grandparents, teachers and the great Coaches and players, managers, scorekeepers, timekeepers and officials. All so far have made this a great season and soon comes the best part. THE TOuRNAMENTS. Friday nite, Monday nite and then we are there. Good Luck to all of the teams.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL better get a facebook to keep up HAHA

Skype. Riverdaleman you've got to keep up with the times!

LOL...they love that skype...

i am looking forward to FRIDAY night I have a feeling that this week is going to be more like we anticipated the first timeI would like to encourage everyone ro come to the soccer chili supper in the main cafeteria on Friday night if you are going to go out to eat mine as well help out a team right (i think I am going not sure though lol)after that head on over to the gym and lets see what my LADY WARRIORS can do with this solid lavergne team

GO LADY WARRIORS

OH COME ON WHERE IS EVERYONE TONIGHT IS DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT

GO LADY WARRIORS

Anxious are we!!!.....well it does appear that RD can win the 7AAA district with a win tonight over LaVergne but I don't think it going to happen. I know our girls our ready & I going to declare right now on Coach T @ 10:45 a.m that we will come out victorious tonight.

I think it's only fair that we come to your place & return the favor of they lopsided loss a few weeks ago..... :o:lol:

GO LADY WARRIORS

Anxious are we!!!.....well it does appear that RD can win the 7AAA district with a win tonight over LaVergne but I don't think it going to happen. I know our girls our ready & I going to declare right now on Coach T @ 10:45 a.m that we will come out victorious tonight.

I think it's only fair that we come to your place & return the favor of they lopsided loss a few weeks ago..... :lol::thumb:

I dont think so Jazzy i think we are going to lay the SMACK DOWN ON ALL YALL and show you a great time at our gym. lol jk

I wonder if this is the first time lavergne has played at our gyn i do not think we have really played each other in the past

GO LADY WARRIORS

I think it's only fair that we come to your place & return the favor of they lopsided loss a few weeks ago..... :lol::thumb:

I dont think so Jazzy i think we are going to lay the SMACK DOWN ON ALL YALL and show you a great time at our gym. lol jk

I wonder if this is the first time lavergne has played at our gyn i do not think we have really played each other in the past

RDMan....let me get in on some of that wrestling terminology.... maybe we will "come off the ropes" & then" body slam" yall all over yall gym....lol. It's going to be a good game, much better than the last one.

I think it is....since my daughter has been at LaVergne...we have never played @ RD or against them. That's funny, I wonder why, especially since we are in the same county.

@ truth&justice....u need to be a better reflection of the first part your name. Stop getting on here with that kind of nonsense.

La Vergne High School @ Riverdale High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Friday, February 12, 2010 6:30PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

La Vergne High School (23 - 2 - 0) 12 14 15 12 53

Riverdale High School (20 - 2 - 0) 19 15 16 15 65

Game Summary

Shacobia Barbee scored 26 points and Jaclissa Haislip added 23 points and five 3-pointers to lead Riverdale past La Vergne.

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

La Vergne High School 0 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Riverdale High School 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

La Vergne High School

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

23 Jasmine Brimm 15 0 3 0

5 Missy Brimm 3 0 1 0

33 Jasmine Dale 19 0 3 0

4 Kayla Hunt 5 0 1 0

3 LaQuinta Jefferson 5 0 0 0

34 Stepahnie Myers 6 0 0 0

Riverdale High School

24 Shacobia Barbee 26 0 0 0

20 Jaclissa Haislip 23 0 5 0

23 Ashley Henry 7 0 1 0

34 Olivia Jones 7 0 0 0

22 Tyisha Petty 2 0 0 0

Home | News | Communities | Entertainment | Sports | Shopping | Moms | Life | Voices & Views | Classifieds | Obituaries | Customer Service | Site Map

Copyright ©2010 Copyright © 2009 The Tennessean. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights , updated March 2009.

Blackman High School @ Siegel High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Friday, February 12, 2010 6:30PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Blackman High School (18 - 4 - 0) 11 7 19 16 53

Siegel High School (17 - 8 - 0) 12 9 9 18 48

Game Summary

Shelby Campbell scored 24 points to lead Blackman past Siegel.

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Blackman High School 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Siegel High School 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Blackman High School

20 Shelby Campbell 24 0 2 0

32 Kortnay Cox 6 0 0 0

10 Chelsey Hall 4 0 0 0

0 NeTanya Jackson 8 0 0 0

33 Kelsey Nowlin 7 0 0 0

25 Katie Smith 4 0 0 0

Siegel High School

22 Shanice Cason 18 0 0 0

34 Imani Chatman 9 0 1 0

33 Caralisa Connell 7 0 0 0

32 Shikera Johnson 8 0 0 0

25 Kelsey Naish 6 0 0 0

Home | News | Communities | Entertainment | Sports | Shopping | Moms | Life | Voices & Views | Classifieds | Obituaries | Customer Service | Site Map

Copyright ©2010 Copyright © 2009 The Tennessean. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms

The nite's games were likely the most exciting and greatly anticipated of the year since snow dates added to the anxiety. Lavergne came to play although again started slow and Coach Dean is going to have to remind them again that the game starts early in the first quarter. It was a reason for the difference in score. Other than that the Wolverines played well enough to beat most except again ran into Haislip and Barbee was outrebounded 23-17 and outshot 53-49. Riverdale won the turnover battle 6-11. The much heralded wrestling match between RDMan and The jazzy lady did not materialize as RD didn't show. The lame excuse was he was washing up after the WORLD RECORD number of Chili suppers before the game.

Blackman and Siegel played an exciting game and Blackman ran out at the end and it was 56-49.

Over at Oakland, rumor was that Oakland won an exciting overtime win 56-48. it was the first District win for Oakland and Oakland and Smyrna tied for 5-6.

This was a great nite. One person that was not recognized in a previous post who was an important part of Girls Basketball this year for reporting was Tennessean-DNJ Top Reporter Tom Kreager who does all of the detail work of interview and collecting stats and answering polls for 7AAA and all of the other Districts Rutherford covers. His Coverage is likely the best for a District in the State.

One more regular season game on Monday nite and without saying much more, Jazzy and Bri will be there. Guess who plays in that one.

And Oh Yes, I just about forgot, I will post stats for the Oakland/Smyrna game And RIVERDALE did win the Regular Season Championship one of the hardest fought Championships ever and thats saying something about all of the 7AAA regular season matchups. We will post the schedule for the tournament next week and it starts on Friday.