DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

lol I promise you I am very neutral, I am not even from here and my wife is an Oakland grad I wouldnt be allowed to cheer for Riverdale. Although I think Riverdale is the best team in the district I do think Lavergne is the only team that could beat them in this region

IceCold.....somehow I missed this post and even though records might indicate differently, I disagree with you. I think RD Coach Maxwell put her team/players in the best position & that's where the difference comes in. I think she coaches a lot like Fryer at Mt. Juliet. He like she is a very smart coach & they utilize the floor for thier players very well!! One thing I noticed about the game on Friday is Shacobia cannot go right, but she can take anyone left, & as long as she's allowed to go left she's going to kill you in the post. So, this is where Coach Maxwell's strategy comes in....she knows that a player is going to drop down to help on Barbee, so, she kicks it out mainly to Jaclissa & she shoots the three. If the defense doesn't adjust properly, 2 or 3 three's in a row can put a game out of reach rather quickly. If you noticed, Jaclissa is always on the same side of the floor as Barbee is when she goes left, she never reposition and goes to the right hand side of the floor. It's a pretty smart strategy, hopefully the coaches are watching film & making the adjustments accordingly. I also think it helps that her husband coaches on a higher level & he's probably is very beneficial to her game strategy/plans.

Very nice observation I have never noticed that set up

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard anything about the Blackman/LaVergne makeup game scheduled for today. I heard last night they might play it at 1 p.m but no word yet. Maybe Bri/Terry5276 can shed some light.

Oh man that would be perfect for since my wife is at Work. question: do you have an idea of how many of the young ladies from Rock Springs will be attending LHS next year. It seems Lavergne, Siegel, Blackman, and Riverdale are going to be good for at least the next 5 years

Not really, Ice Cold...are you a Nupe??...Anyways, I don't...I heard the Nichols girl might be going some where else, I hope not because she would be a great asset to the program next year and probably could come in & start. I agree, the coach at Rock Springs does a great job, he put out great teams year after year, whereas every since Coach P left LMS, the teams there have not been so great. I think if she stayed there, you probably would have seen some better teams at LMS. Coaching does make a difference!! I actually think Siegel & RD will be the top teams in the district next year. I think Oakland will make some noise, they have a good core of young players that have stepped up & played well this year. Are they only losing Randolph this year??

Yes, Randolph is the only SR.

Jazzy,

I would be glad to share what I know about the slogan "32 minutes of L". I do believe it is somewhat copied from Nolan Richardson's slogan "48 minutes of He--". I was told by someone who attended the Riverdale/Lavergne game at Lavergne, that Lavergne had a sign up in their student section with the slogan "32 minutes of L". I thought that was not only clever, but also humerous considering the outcome of the game. My take on the entire district is that all teams are showing improvement. It should be a very competitive tournament. My prediction is that Riverdale and Blackman play for the championship. Teams going to the region will be Blackman, Riverdale, Lavergne, and Siegel.

OH COME ON WHERE IS EVERYONE TONIGHT IS DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT

GO LADY WARRIORS

Anxious are we!!!.....well it does appear that RD can win the 7AAA district with a win tonight over LaVergne but I don't think it going to happen. I know our girls our ready & I going to declare right now on Coach T @ 10:45 a.m that we will come out victorious tonight.

I think it's only fair that we come to your place & return the favor of they lopsided loss a few weeks ago..... :thumb::roflol:

Hmm....sure sounds like joking to me. You know Jazzy I would agree with you on the fact I do think Lavergne has the best talent. Of course I hope this doesn't upset you.

lol I promise you I am very neutral, I am not even from here and my wife is an Oakland grad I wouldnt be allowed to cheer for Riverdale. Although I think Riverdale is the best team in the district I do think Lavergne is the only team that could beat them in this region

IceCold.....somehow I missed this post and even though records might indicate differently, I disagree with you. I think RD Coach Maxwell put her team/players in the best position & that's where the difference comes in. I think she coaches a lot like Fryer at Mt. Juliet. He like she is a very smart coach & they utilize the floor for thier players very well!! One thing I noticed about the game on Friday is Shacobia cannot go right, but she can take anyone left, & as long as she's allowed to go left she's going to kill you in the post. So, this is where Coach Maxwell's strategy comes in....she knows that a player is going to drop down to help on Barbee, so, she kicks it out mainly to Jaclissa & she shoots the three. If the defense doesn't adjust properly, 2 or 3 three's in a row can put a game out of reach rather quickly. If you noticed, Jaclissa is always on the same side of the floor as Barbee is when she goes left, she never reposition and goes to the right hand side of the floor. It's a pretty smart strategy, hopefully the coaches are watching film & making the adjustments accordingly. I also think it helps that her husband coaches on a higher level & he's probably is very beneficial to her game strategy/plans.

Very nice observation I have never noticed that set up

Look at the staff over at RD. IMO she would tell you that the Coach from Franklin County and Lewis County she has on the staff has a lot to do with it. Both were head coaches and are good on Strategies and will be very good head coaches again if the ocassion arises and it will.

. . You cant convince me that area AAU coaches are doing more to help these girls than Patrick Stoecker(Siegel) Kim Francis(blackman) and terry patient(rock springs)

Icecoldo6 I have to admit you are absolutely correct on your statement however, the schools you have listed (include Middle Tn Christian Middle) have the track record to indicate they are not part of the problem. I'm not attempting to "convince" any one that all middle schools are in need of coaching adjustments thats not what I stated. It's kind of odd that you listed the middle schools that you did because if you noticed those 3 schools all finised in the top 3 spots. I don't feel that you have to be at the top year in and year out to be viewed as sucessful as a coach in middle school either. I have just seen first hand that it can take away many aspects (skills,intrest and LOVE) of the the game that are required to be a solid player if a kid gets in a position where the coach is not teaching "good basketball lessons". I still feel there is a need for IMPROVEMENT with "most" of our middle school programs.

Jazzy,

I would be glad to share what I know about the slogan "32 minutes of L". I do believe it is somewhat copied from Nolan Richardson's slogan "48 minutes of He--". I was told by someone who attended the Riverdale/Lavergne game at Lavergne, that Lavergne had a sign up in their student section with the slogan "32 minutes of L". I thought that was not only clever, but also humerous considering the outcome of the game. My take on the entire district is that all teams are showing improvement. It should be a very competitive tournament. My prediction is that Riverdale and Blackman play for the championship. Teams going to the region will be Blackman, Riverdale, Lavergne, and Siegel.

Ok...never heard of it. Was at the game & didn't see the sign. I really think "32 minutes of L" is probably more indicative for the boys vs girls. If you know Coach Dean I wouldn't think he would allow his girls to put up a sign like that. The boys on the other hand, I can see them putting that sign up.

Either way it doesn't matter, that game is in the book and is a wrap. A sign at this point is not going to change the outcome.

LOL no not a nupe. Alpha Phi Alpha spring 01. I hope Nichols isnt going to a private school in nashville( Im sicking of Rutherford CO. losing kids to nashville private schoolsits so frustrating)Top

My bad...that's right Alpha's say ice, ice, baby....that's all I think of when I see your name...LOL

Hopefully not but I think she will. Just like LaVergne have lost other girls in the past, she will be just one in many that could come in and help this program stay on the map. What about Middleton at MTCS - will she stay there or head to Nashville as well?? Middle TN/Rutherford County is a hotbed for talent especially since the emergence of the Hooptown/Team Pride program. Alot of these girls play AAU with TM Pride during the summer.

Haven't heard anything about the Blackman/LaVergne makeup game scheduled for today. I heard last night they might play it at 1 p.m but no word yet. Maybe Bri/Terry5276 can shed some light.

Oh man that would be perfect for since my wife is at Work. question: do you have an idea of how many of the young ladies from Rock Springs will be attending LHS next year. It seems Lavergne, Siegel, Blackman, and Riverdale are going to be good for at least the next 5 years

Not really, Ice Cold...are you a Nupe??...Anyways, I don't...I heard the Nichols girl might be going some where else, I hope not because she would be a great asset to the program next year and probably could come in & start. I agree, the coach at Rock Springs does a great job, he put out great teams year after year, whereas every since Coach P left LMS, the teams there have not been so great. I think if she stayed there, you probably would have seen some better teams at LMS. Coaching does make a difference!! I actually think Siegel & RD will be the top teams in the district next year. I think Oakland will make some noise, they have a good core of young players that have stepped up & played well this year. Are they only losing Randolph this year??

With their record, LMS should have huge number of players wanting to go there to fire up the Wolverines and keep the record going. Where did Coach P go?

Yes, Randolph is the only SR

Wow, that's good for Oakland. Hey OP, yall had a player last year that was pretty good. I think she was a freshmen, she came of the bench pretty early, what happened to her?? I know that info is vague but I wondered about her this year.

With their record, LMS should have huge number of players wanting to go there to fire up the Wolverines and keep the record going. Where did Coach P go?

You would think....but who knows what goes on in the mind of young folks today as well as their parent.

Coach P after sitting out a year is now one of the assistant coaches at LHS. She is a good coach, and if it's something she wants, maybe she will end up as a head coach somewhere in the near future.

Well hello there Jazzy!!! I can't believe this weather and that every time we go to play Lavergne, it snows!!!!! It has happened on every game thus far.....It is always great to play against the people that you have spent about all summer with because win/lose, you have such high respect for the parents and kids who put so much time into their passion-playing basketball!!!

Anyway, it should be a great game and hopefully, we can keep the girls injury-free.......

I am really going to miss all of this....But I guess I will have to come and watch everyone elses kids play. JD has had a great senior year!!!! She has been on fire and I am so happy for her!!! She is awesome along with the rest of the team. I know you are so proud!! I love her and wish her the best.

As far as Shelby - I don't know about what she was going through....People say it may be senioritis but I just had to support her and pray that she would come around!!She doesn't talk much about basketball at home and so I don't know what was going on at practices, etc. She is looking like Shelby finally and I hope it continues straight through until the end........I am just glad to see her back!!! She just had to work it out on her own and we just had to support her until she did.

nice to see you on coachT I hope you found a job it was good meeting you a time or 2 I am looking forward to more of your insight on these boards for your last few weeks

As far as coaching I really like coach Maxwell. She know the game and she is not scared to get good coaches around her. A lot of coaches would not get the caliber of assistant coaches she has due to ego but coach Maxwell wants the best team and has gotten the best assistants to go with it. I really like her aggrressive style I like that she doesnt get tore up if the other team scores a cheap basket and I like how its always pushing the ball i think the girls like playing that fast and we have an adavantage that we have a deep enough bench to play thatt fast all game. The other thing that I like about Coach Maxwell is that not only does she do a good job with Xs and Os she also loves the girls and the girls know that and they fight for her

GO LADY WARRIORS