DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

I so want to go to the game FRIDAY night for the boys but sometimes they make me mad LOL...JAZZY do you have a spot that can get me in for free along with my family lol

RDMan....LOL... I feel ya!! Looks like they are playing LV boys @ 9:00. I thought RD boys finished the district higher. Alot of good talent over there, especially in Vari Craig....s/b a beast in the next few years. Hmmm, if they make you mad, you might want to wait & attend the RD girl's game on Saturday, if LV boys play like they did at your house, Friday night might be RD's last game for the season. Now, don't take that personal, just an observation.

we played a good first QTR at our place but i gues we thought the game was over after that...If we can feed Vari EALRY in the game it should open the outside up but we really dont have a CONSISTANT shooter from the outside IF TJ gets hot he can shoot from out there I am hoping he is doing a lot of extra shooting along with dominque and DJ and Clark and all of our other guards BUT they have got to get the ball into Vari ALSO we only had 2 district wins

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"fast forward to sectional tourney, where Riverdale and Lavergne play Walker Valley and Cleveland.

Both home teams win"

Now Salty knows something the rest of us don't or this is a prime example of, "getting the cart before the horse". I know Vegas is along ways from Tn. but really what are the odds? Salty have you seen all four of these teams play or did you wake up this a.m. feeling hmmm. "special"? It would be awesome if Riverdale could advance to the final eight in the state but as good as this team has played it will take a valid effort to make your "pie in the sky" prediction become reality. :popcorneater:

I don.t know but I think Salty is puttin us on. Thought he was from Chatt But now he may be from Middle some where.

The first night of the Womens 7AAA District Tournament at La Vergne High School is over and two games tomorrow night and two Monday night will be for the seedings of District, Since this is the first time many at 7AAA have been at a District Tournament at the school, there ae some things that are obvious. First, Lavergne High School, their fans and the School, are gratious and worthy hosts to hold a tournament like this in the first year of being in the District. Detail was right and from the time one drove in to the parking lot till the tickets were bought, etc, the courtesy and hospitality made one think "this is done very professionally". Tomorrow night and Monday night may be different but i don't think so.

The performance and the product of the games were no different than during the year. This is a first class event with First Class Schools with first class coaches and players. And obviously first class and knowledgable fans. Siegel and Oakland played the first game and while one was seeded fourth and one seeded fifth, records meant nothing and the game was close all the way excpt one stretch that Siegel made a spurt and that was the difference in the game. As soon as the box scores are available I will post.

The second game, Blackman and Smyrna, one knew how it was going to be played when it was announced. It was played as hard and meticulous as the two coaches coached. Both teams were prepared and after the game was played to an overtime, Blackman won again. And once again one wondered how in the world Smyrna lost as many games and they had a better than a 500 record, and the names of the Coaches and Players will be remembered in this season by their names and how they played but especially how hard they played every school they played. blackman got out of the game a winner but not by much.

Yes, this was a typical 7AAA matchup of the first night and everything went well and those who saw the games saw some great basketball.

Smyrna High School @ Blackman High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Friday, February 19, 2010 7:30PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 OT 1 FINAL

Smyrna High School (16 - 12 - 0) 14 8 9 7 0 38

Blackman High School (19 - 5 - 0) 7 11 10 10 4 42

Game Summary

Kortnay Cox put the game in overtime with her 15-footer, then scored all four points in the extra period for Blackman (19-5) in the District 7-AAA tournament. Katie Williams scored 19 points for Smyrna (16-12).

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Smyrna High School 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Blackman High School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Smyrna High School

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

5 Kelsey Drayton 2 0 0 0

15 Ty Hampton 2 0 0 0

32 Ashley Kee 3 0 1 0

55 Ashley Lassiter 1 0 0 0

3 Paige Malone 6 0 0 0

10 Toyree Watkins 5 0 1 0

23 Katie Williams 19 0 3 0

Blackman High School

Monica Brown 2 0 0 0

20 Shelby Campbell 13 0 0 0

32 Kortnay Cox 16 0 0 0

10 Chelsey Hall 3 0 0 0

33 Kelsey Nowlin 2 0 0 0

25 Katie Smith 6 0 0 0

Oakland High School

1 Ke Ke Cook 8 0 0 0

10 Haley Cowan 8 0 0 0

24 Hayley Randolph 7 0 0 0

22 Ellen Riggins 19 0 0 0

30 Erica Smith 2 0 0 0

Siegel High School

22 Shanice Cason 20 0 0 0

34 Imani Chatman 9 0 0 0

33 Caralisa Connell 12 0 0 0

20 Sarah Donkin 9 0 0 0

5 Macari Harrison 2 0 0 0

32 Shikera Johnson 4 0 0 0

25 Kelsey Naish 2 0 0 0

Siegel won last nite 58-44.

Lady Blaze, way to show a lot of heart in a very tough game. I knew this was going to be a tough game but I was hoping not that tough. The pressure is now off of the Lady Blaze. Nobody expects Blackman to beat Lavergne tonight so you have nothing to lose. It wont be the last game no matter what tonight so play loose and have fun. Cox, way to come thru in the clutch.

The future is looking bright at Blackman with Cox only a sophomore and Hall only a sophomore and Smith, Nowlin, and Norris Juniors. Hopefully there will be a couple of newcomers next year that will be able to contribute.