DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

OK. So according to the front page article on the DNJ and Ken Melton, supervisor of officials for the Murfreesboro area, we fans have unrealistic expectations of high school officials. Also TSSAA Executive Director Bernard Childress says that fans that don't think the officiating is up to par should be part of the solution and become officials themselves. :flower: There you have it from on high. There is no problem with the quality of officiating, just our expectations.

And while I appreciate you sticking up for your very talented team, I think the charges against the officials are off base. As I have said in previous posts, I think they are just bad front to back top to bottom. The inconsistency from one end of the floor to the other dictates that one team is going to come out with an advantage. However, if the officials were "racist", you would think that Lavergne would have been the first team to have a player foul out.

With regard to the tournament itself, I think Lavergne has done a first rate job of hosting the tournament. The folks are courteous and helpful to all those visiting teams and fans. It would be nice if there were a few more rows of seats in the lower sections, but nothing you can do about that. I think the addition of both Lavergen and Smyrna to the district have made it much stronger and a benefit to all the teams that advance from here on out.

If you want to talk about negative publicity from the DNJ, look who's fans are in the picture on the front page today with the title "Hoops crowds grow hostile". :ph34r: You have to go to page 2 to find out they are talking about the incident at a Christmas tournament (not at Blackman), an 8AAA game, and a Metro game that had no security. Thinking this might finally get me to cancel my subscription.

We will finish up tonight and then get to go beat up on some other teams rather than each other. At least until the regional finals. Good luck to all, most to Blackman as always, play hard and stay safe.

edited for spelling.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazzypha,

You defined the term predjudice, not racist. You owe these officials an apology for your comment. It may appear at times that they are predjudice toward one team or another, however to say they are racist, or their judgement is racist, is just flat out asinine.

Look t&j, you & I have been going at it since you decided to come to this thread & post. I for one will not continue to go back & forth with you or anyone else about this subject just to keep unnecessary bickering going. I did say it was harsh for me to call them racist & I will apologize for that because I don't know the 3 gentlemen personally. But, I will still hold fast to to my opinion that they were biased & they need to change their attitude. For example, my daughter went to one of the ref & asked for them to watch the 3 sec & he gave her a response that I care not to repeat. It's not necessary, they are being paid to do a job. They should do it with efficiency and with integrity. I understand they are not perfect & will miss a call or two but that's why 3 are on the floor. In regards to Mr. Melton statement in the DNJ, why shouldn't our expectation be high, I for one can't go to my job & not be efficient or work with integrity & expect to remain there. That's unreal.

Jazzypha,

You defined the term predjudice, not racist. You owe these officials an apology for your comment. It may appear at times that they are predjudice toward one team or another, however to say they are racist, or their judgement is racist, is just flat out asinine.

Look t&j, you & I have been going at it since you decided to come to this thread & post. I for one will not continue to go back & forth with you or anyone else about this subject just to keep unnecessary bickering going. I did say it was harsh for me to call them racist & I will apologize for that because I don't know the 3 gentlemen personally. But, I will still hold fast to to my opinion that they were biased & they need to change their attitude. For example, my daughter went to one of the ref & asked for them to watch the 3 sec & he gave her a response that I care not to repeat. It's not necessary, they are being paid to do a job. They should do it with efficiency and with integrity. I understand they are not perfect & will miss a call or two but that's why 3 are on the floor. In regards to Mr. Melton statement in the DNJ, why shouldn't our expectation be high, I for one can't go to my job & not be efficient or work with integrity & expect to remain there. That's unreal.

The referees weren't biased. Blackman just flat out whipped Lavergne on Saturday night.

With all respect, you sound like a mom taking up for her daughters school. And why shouldn't you. Seems like there has been a few of you here.

ALL "mommas" do that from time to time. I know that I have seen some pretty odd calls this year too, but I do know that the refs during Saturday nights' game, didn't make my daughter miss her 3 pointer and 2 foul shots. So she was in the gym yesterday shooting and she about killed me, because I had to rebound for her! :lol: I don't know how they keep up the regimine every day!

Good luck to everyone down the stretch! Stay injury free please! GO LADY BLAZE!

And HC you may be pushing it a little far. The seasons not over.

Perhaps. Just having a bit of fun! :lol:

It's all good,.... I know Blackman fans are very happy to playing in the championship game, they really are very fortunate that they are still in this thang. I'm sure if they had lost against Smyrna, hicotton would not be on here at all talking all that noise. I love it!!