DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Blackman fans of all people should know that these games do not matter much its amazing how a team can beat you one night and just dominate and then a week later lose and be eliminated so i wouldnt be pounding any chests right now IF we win tonight and lavergne wins tonight then the second round of region will be lavergne and blackman so i would be careful and wait and see approach

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RD, you're telling all of your scheduling secrets so since you have, I will tell everyone. Winner thru 4th place in one District plays 4th place thru winner in the other District.

1 Riverdale----4 Columbia

2 Blackman===3. Lincoln County

3 LaVergne----2.Lawrence County

4 Siegel===1.Shelbyville

Sorry for the misprint. If you want correct your notification of correction.

WHAT A GAME I am so proud of my LADY WARRIORS it was a tough physical game our girls worked hard hustled and got the win on a last second shot by Barbie who took the ball coast to coast for the win she got hammered on the shot but still got it to fall. She had a great game tonight along with Olivia Jones. this was an inside game as our outside shots were not falling but that is what i like about my shooters they keep shooting and Barbie and Oliva would get the rebound and put it back up I do not know how many points either girl got but they were very active. Olivia did not get any individual awards but she may have deserved a tournament player she had a great tournament with several caused turnovers and points

GREAT JOB LADIES on achieving goal #2 now its onto goal #3 and winning the region championship

GO LADY WARRIORS

Blackman High School @ Riverdale High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Monday, February 22, 2010 7:30PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Blackman High School (20 - 6 - 0) 14 10 13 17 54

Riverdale High School (23 - 2 - 0) 17 9 16 14 56

Game Summary

Shacobia Barbee drove the length of the floor in the final eight seconds and scored at the buzzer to give Riverdale (23-2) the District 7-AAA championship. Barbee finished with 26 points. Kelsey Nowlin hit a 3-pointer for Blackman (20-6) to tie the game with 15 seconds left.

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Blackman High School 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Riverdale High School 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Blackman High School

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

20 Shelby Campbell 8 0 0 0

32 Kortnay Cox 8 0 0 0

10 Chelsey Hall 4 0 0 0

0 NeTanya Jackson 15 0 1 0

33 Kelsey Nowlin 11 0 1 0

25 Katie Smith 8 0 0 0

Riverdale High School

24 Shacobia Barbee 26 0 0 0

20 Jaclissa Haislip 5 0 1 0

23 Ashley Henry 2 0 0 0

34 Olivia Jones 13 0 1 0

22 Tyisha Petty 8 0 0 0

33 Candace Spurlock 2 0 0 0

Other editions: Mobile | News Feeds | E-Newsletters Find it: Jobs | Cars | Real Estate | Apartments | Shopping | Classifieds

Siegel High School @ La Vergne High School

Girls Varsity Basketball

Monday, February 22, 2010 6:00PM

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Siegel High School (18 - 10 - 0) 18 6 5 13 42

La Vergne High School (25 - 3 - 0) 11 16 17 16 60

Game Summary

Jasmine Dale scored 16 points to lead LaVergne (25-3) past Siegel (18-10) in the District 7-AAA consolation.

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Siegel High School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

La Vergne High School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Siegel High School

22 Shanice Cason 12 0 0 0

34 Imani Chatman 2 0 0 0

33 Caralisa Connell 6 0 0 0

20 Sarah Donkin 6 0 0 0

32 Shikera Johnson 14 0 0 0

25 Kelsey Naish 2 0 0 0

La Vergne High School

23 Jasmine Brimm 8 0 0 0

5 Missy Brimm 3 0 0 0

33 Jasmine Dale 16 0 0 0

4 Kayla Hunt 8 0 0 0

3 LaQuinta Jefferson 13 0 0 0

34 Stepahnie Myers 12 0 0 0

Home | News | Communities | Entertainment | Sports | Shopping | Moms | Life | Voices & Views | Cl

Two great games which concluded the 7AAA District Tournament. Lavergne beat Siegel 60-42 and obviously left some scoring punch untapped as Jasmine Dale had 16, Laquinta Jefferson had 13, Stephanie Myers had 12, and Jasmine Brimm had 8 and Kayla Hunt had 8 as the Wolferines exploded as Cason and Johnson led Siegel in scoring.

Riverdale and Blackman played another oine of those epics that happen it seems every season to leave fans brteathless when the game was nip and tuck all the way thru with Noelin tieing the game up with 8 seconds to go and Barbie with Riverdale going coast to coast and scoring the last basket to win just before the buzzer. Jackson scored 15 for Blackman and had numerous rebounds and played likely her best game. Nowlin scored 11 for Blackman, Barbie had 26 amd Jones had 11 toi lead scoring for Riverdale.

Congratulations to Riverdale on winning the district tournament. Also congratulations to the Lady Blaze on proving it belonged. I think Riverdale knows it was in a game. We have improved so much over the last couple of weeks. Barbee was the difference in this game. She is just too good. I would have loved to see this game go into overtime but it wasn't meant to be. My only concern now is Katie Smith who appeared to have hurt her knee at the end of the game and was not in the game on the final play. I hope she is OK and we definitely need her to compete with the great teams in the Region tournament.

By the way, Cox was robbed. She should have been on the All district tournament team. She basically won the Smyrna game on her own with I think 16 points including game tying shot near end of regulation and all 4 points in OT. Had a good game against Lavergne and another good game against Riverdale.

Region pairing should be like this

Bracket 1

Riverdale vs Columbia

Lavergne vs Lawrence County

Bracket 2

Shelbyville vs Siegel

Blackman vs Lincoln County

Lavergne vs Lawrence County should be a heck of a game. Unfortunately one of these teams will be eliminated right away. This will setup Riverdale vs Lavergne or Lawrence Co. where another great team will be eliminated.

I personally like Blackmans bracket. Hopefully can win the Lincoln County game without Katie Smith to setup Blackman against Shelbyville or Siegel. Have beat both of these teams this year. It will definitely be tough especially if it is Shelbyville in Shelbyville.

I predict Lavergne to beat Lawrence Co.

Then Lavergne to upset Riverdale.

and Lavergne to get revenge on Blackman in the championship game.

Lavergne and Blackman advance to substate.

Go Blaze.

RD, you're telling all of your scheduling secrets so since you have, I will tell everyone. Winner thru 4th place in one District plays 4th place thru winner in the other District.

1 Riverdale----4 Lincoln County

2 Blackman===3. Columbia

3 LaVergne----2.Lawrence County

4 Siegel===1.Shelbyville

Lincoln County beat columbia so they should be 3rd and columbia 4th

What a fantastic game! Riverdale and blackman fans will be hoping someone can put these teams out before a 4th game between each. Man a barn burner indeed folks. It's a real shame someone has to lose in a game like that but I sure am glad it was blackman! It was great to see coach Max/Hodges get the coach of the year award, after the "crap" she was put thru last year, it was long over due. My high light moment of the tournament was watching a group of ladies celebrate together after a hard fought victory against a very good blackman team. The low for me personally was after we won the championship and the p.a. was calling out individual awards there were a group of adults (wearing orange colors) actually "booing" our players. What a poor demonstration of "sportsmanship" SHAME on you because there were children watching you act like jerks in public. Great job Lady Warriors and fans, we are very proud to be apart of such a fine respectable program!!!

""I personally like Blackmans bracket. Hopefully can win the Lincoln County game without Katie Smith to setup Blackman against Shelbyville or Siegel. Have beat both of these teams this year. It will definitely be tough especially if it is Shelbyville in Shelbyville.""

Why is Katie Smith not playing the next game against Lincoln County. I think this game will be a dandy at Blackman. LC is tough and has beaten Shelbyville on their home court this year. They also have stayed with Law Co until the final minutes in each game. Should be a great region tourney.

I dont usually get into the personal awards stuff either i agree about cox but what about olivia jones she I do not know her stats but i think she scored double figures each game and had a lot of rebounds and several steals each game BUT you cant give it to the entire team i guess i also think there is an actual number that goes to each spot that you place for example 1st place team gets so many 2nd place team and so on and so on.

but kuddos to both OLIVIA JONES(FRESHMAN) and Cox(SO i think)

Okay after carefull evaluation here is my prediction. It will be a Blackman or Lavergne vs Riverdale regional final game. As much as it pains me to say this, I think Riverdale wins the region.

we have to beat lavergne to get to the region championship game We have really got our work cut out for us...I do not know much about our first opponent but if we make it past them it will get really tough to beat a good lavergne team again and if we win that to beat blackman for a 4th time if they advance MAN TOURNAMENT TIME IS ROUGH