DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does it seem a bit REDUNDANT playing the same teams 3 & poss. 4 times a season? I could see maybe a couple times in the reg. season but come on doing it again in post play? How about you guys down at TSSAA come up with a "plan of action" next year to reduce the expenses on travel as well as the chances of playing the same team 3 or 4 times in a season. I'm sure you could come up with something. :roflol:

Is it just me or does it seem a bit REDUNDANT playing the same teams 3 & poss. 4 times a season? I could see maybe a couple times in the reg. season but come on doing it again in post play? How about you guys down at TSSAA come up with a "plan of action" next year to reduce the expenses on travel as well as the chances of playing the same team 3 or 4 times in a season. I'm sure you could come up with something. :roflol:

Really the only thing that needs to be done is the elimination of the district tournaments. Take the top 4 from each district and go straight to the regionals. Would make for a great, pressure-packed regular season

Really the only thing that needs to be done is the elimination of the district tournaments. Take the top 4 from each district and go straight to the regionals. Would make for a great, pressure-packed regular season

i said that on another thread and people thought I was crazy I agree you get rid of the district tourney and makes the regular season much more important, it also eliminates the no child left behind system of playoffs

i said that on another thread and people thought I was crazy I agree you get rid of the district tourney and makes the regular season much more important, it also eliminates the no child left behind system of playoffs

Agreed, rewards the teams that had a good season but making it a little bit easier on them, and for everybody involved with the program. If you wanted to make even better, once the postseason starts just make it a 64- team tournament and mix up the competition a little bit, rather than facing the same teams.

I think the objection would be from schools that do not have a good team each year and who may have to improve during the season. I really thought that Smyrna would beat some schools in the tournament and go to Region. The Tournament changed the landscape of the Regionals in both Districts. Secondly, the current way just builds excitement and got more excitement this year with 6 teams in the District and the Tournament. Thirdly, the TSSAA likely needs it for the money. I think I would like to keep the Tournament with these schools.

7AAA has been lucky to have the schools they have had and play in the atmosphere of excellence. Lavergne and Smyrna were good additions after the loss Great schools at Cookeville, White and Warren in District 6 which will help stabalize the expections there and the loss of Lebanon who will continue to make District 9 very good. 8AAA has schools that have picked up their play and interest along with the obvious traditions Shelbyvlle, Lawrence County, Lincoln. All schools are challenged by other schools and their programs so why change something that is working. The biggest challenge will be, if interest continues and if schools continue to grow, is to have enough inginuity to provide venues large enough to supply interest. Girls basketball interest is high because the product and presentation is at a high level. If you do too much changing you mettle with the obvious chemistry of competition. Whether Central Magnet will wind up as AAA or AA will be of interest.