DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rd it is definitely a small world when I just happen to meet you on a job interview and never knew you were one and the same as riverdaleman.......Then as I would read some of your post, I put it all together. I am glad to put a face with the name and I do respect your loyalty to Riverdale. I think that after my child graduates this year, I will still be loyal to the Blaze because they have been such a big part of our lives so I certainly understand your sincere loyalty.

I agree with you that Coach Maxwell is doing well and she has a great staff behind her which is also solid. Her record speaks for itself...... There is still games to be played and it should be a fun ride....I love all of these girls - from Riverdale, Lavergne, Siegel, Smyrna and Oakland. We have bonded with families and their kids and have played on the same team in AAU for years. There is talent in all of these schools and during the season, we get to cheer our kids on but at the same time know that at the end of the day, we have the same ultimate goals for our kids. Basketball is definitely a great sport which keeps our kids busy but also in the end, is an ultimate factor to help them in their future years as an adult. I was Blessed to have my children end up at Blackman because it isn't always just about basketball but they also have a very spiritual coach who looks beyond the game of basketball and gets them ready for the game of Life.

IceCold.....somehow I missed this post and even though records might indicate differently, I disagree with you. I think RD Coach Maxwell put her team/players in the best position & that's where the difference comes in. I think she coaches a lot like Fryer at Mt. Juliet. He like she is a very smart coach & they utilize the floor for thier players very well!! One thing I noticed about the game on Friday is Shacobia cannot go right, but she can take anyone left, & as long as she's allowed to go left she's going to kill you in the post. So, this is where Coach Maxwell's strategy comes in....she knows that a player is going to drop down to help on Barbee, so, she kicks it out mainly to Jaclissa & she shoots the three. If the defense doesn't adjust properly, 2 or 3 three's in a row can put a game out of reach rather quickly. If you noticed, Jaclissa is always on the same side of the floor as Barbee is when she goes left, she never reposition and goes to the right hand side of the floor. It's a pretty smart strategy, hopefully the coaches are watching film & making the adjustments accordingly. I also think it helps that her husband coaches on a higher level & he's probably is very beneficial to her game strategy/plans.

Very nice observation I have never noticed that set upLook at the staff over at RD. IMO she would tell you that the Coach from Franklin County and Lewis County she has on the staff has a lot to do with it. Both were head coaches and are good on Strategies and will be very good head coaches again if the ocassion arises and it will.

honestly in my opinion there are other good coaches in that league. If you look at the rest of teams outside of Rockvale they didnt have much talent to work with and yes MTCS does have lots of talent I would like to see them when they dont have an all star team assembled and see how well they would do. At the same time I dont believe players like Hunt(lavergne) Petty and Jones(Riverdale) were prepared to play as freshmen because their AAU coaches had to go in and give them something extra that their middle school coaches didnt give them during the season

U sure....that's SR nite for LV & they are scheduled to play Antioch? The last text my daughter got was the game was still on for 6:30 tonite. I know the Siegel/Columbia game got cancelled. .

Only going by WGNS news and they are reporting the game is moved to Tues. 6:30 :roflol:

Ok I got some confirmation & appears this game is supposedly scheduled for tomorrow. Who makes this decision???....as I came into work, the roads were dry & doesn't appear any chance for freezing over. This really sucks as we were expecting relatives to come into town.

U sure....that's SR nite for LV & they are scheduled to play Antioch? The last text my daughter got was the game was still on for 6:30 tonite. I know the Siegel/Columbia game got cancelled. .

Only going by WGNS news and they are reporting the game is moved to Tues. 6:30 :roflol:

Ok I got some confirmation & appears this game is supposedly scheduled for tomorrow. Who makes this decision???....as I came into work, the roads were dry & doesn't appear any chance for freezing over. This really sucks as we were expecting relatives to come into town.

honestly in my opinion there are other good coaches in that league. If you look at the rest of teams outside of Rockvale they didnt have much talent to work with and yes MTCS does have lots of talent I would like to see them when they dont have an all star team assembled and see how well they would do. At the same time I dont believe players like Hunt(lavergne) Petty and Jones(Riverdale) were prepared to play as freshmen because their AAU coaches had to go in and give them something extra that their middle school coaches didnt give them during the season

MTCS does have an allstar team, they are loaded!!! You know Hunt & Jones both played AAU together this summer under the same coach who is at MTCS. I do believe he did help each once come into their game, thus having them ready to play high school ball. Kayla was able to come into the LaVergne program & contribute immediately. She has been a very good asset for LV.

MTCS does have an allstar team, they are loaded!!! You know Hunt & Jones both played AAU together this summer under the same coach who is at MTCS. I do believe he did help each once come into their game, thus having them ready to play high school ball. Kayla was able to come into the LaVergne program & contribute immediately. She has been a very good asset for LV.

yes and I know Cliff does a good job but my point was that there arent very many Cliff's up here

IceCold..... I dont believe players like Hunt(lavergne) Petty and Jones(Riverdale) were prepared to play as freshmen because their AAU coaches had to go in and give them something extra that their middle school coaches didnt

Petty and Jones are great players and if you seen them play in middle school then you know they both stood out as above average tallent amoung other players in middle school but if you watched them play in AAU both were able to hold their own even playing up against older girls(hince why they were ready even as freshmen). Middle school was a walk in the park as far as the competition went when compared to AAU. I believe the combination of better coaching with better compitition makes perfect since that you get BETTER BALL PLAYERS.

IceCold..... I dont believe players like Hunt(lavergne) Petty and Jones(Riverdale) were prepared to play as freshmen because their AAU coaches had to go in and give them something extra that their middle school coaches didnt

Petty and Jones are great players and if you seen them play in middle school then you know they both stood out as above average tallent amoung other players in middle school but if you watched them play in AAU both were able to hold their own even playing up against older girls(hince why they were ready even as freshmen). Middle school was a walk in the park as far as the competition went when compared to AAU. I believe the combination of better coaching with better compitition makes perfect since that you get BETTER BALL PLAYERS.

so their middle school coaches had nothing to do with their development?