DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavergne came to play although again started slow and Coach Dean is going to have to remind them again that the game starts early in the first quarter. It was a reason for the difference in score.

U are right Mr. PHargis, LaVergne did come ready to play....fell a little short. Coach Dean wasn't in attendance, out ill. Good game by the Lady Wolverines, there are some things that need tweaking but I saw the passion & the desire, way to stay in there & fight. Congrats to RD, on winning the regular season title, but come Friday a whole new season starts, so it's anybody's game.

question: why was coach dean not sitting on the bench tonight? I saw him sitting all the way at the top of the gym....

He has the pinkeye.

gotcha, since Im neutral Ill give my take on the game lavergne is a very good team that could and should make some noise in the postseason. I think Laquinta should have touched the ball more. as good as Riverdale is Im not sure they have anyone who can guard her one on one. Secondly I think think the girls need to stop worrying about the refs and just play. It was a very physical game and I dont think Lavergne really adjusted people may not believe but the foul total was fairly even. I think the total was 13 called on lavergne(with two being on purpose) and 8 on riverdale

LIKE I SAID we laid the smack down on all those jabronies(sorry dont know how to spell it but yall should know what that is lol)

Jazzy it was nice meeting you and your daughter tonight like i said that was the type of game i thought it would be. i thought we would win by about 10-15 points and we kept it that way most of the game Lavergne would close the gap and then we would make a shot then make a stop then make another shot to extend the lead back out. Lavergne is a good team and it was nice to meet some of the ladies on that team and they were good ladies like i told yall good luck and please dont put us out and we wont put you out lol let meet each other in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game.

Jaclisa I am so proud of you tonight you hit big shot after big shot to keep us in front Shacobi I am also proud of you as you did a great job on the inside along with Olivia. I really cannot tell yall how proud I am of my LADY WARRIORS ALL of them play hard and go hard the entire time they are in the game and when they get taken out the person behind them picks up right where they left off we have girls that are getting very little playing time but would start for almost any other team in the district but when they are called upon they answer the call and get in there and get after it. I am very proud of your 2010 REGUALR SEASON DISTRICT CHAMPIONS RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS now that is 1 goal down and now 4 more goals to achieve LOVE YOU LADIES AND

GO LADY WARRIORS

question: why was coach dean not sitting on the bench tonight? I saw him sitting all the way at the top of the gym....

He has the pinkeye.

gotcha, since Im neutral Ill give my take on the game lavergne is a very good team that could and should make some noise in the postseason. I think Laquinta should have touched the ball more. as good as Riverdale is Im not sure they have anyone who can guard her one on one. Secondly I think think the girls need to stop worrying about the refs and just play. It was a very physical game and I dont think Lavergne really adjusted people may not believe but the foul total was fairly even. I think the total was 13 called on lavergne(with two being on purpose) and 8 on riverdale

My comments on the officiating tonight is...I liked it they let them play on BOTH ends were there a few fouls i would have liked to have seen called SURE but they were consistant all night I really like the way this game was called however it seemed like every ball out of bounds went to lavergne whats that about lol (even the boys game) So i like the way the game was called

Blackman wins a hard fought game against a good Siegel team. I like what I am seeing from the Lady Blaze. They seem to be finally coming around. Shelby has come out of her slump and is looking really good. Jackson continues to play well. Cox is looking good. Tonight, I thought we got good contributions from Smith and Hall. Nowlin played OK but I know she can play better. If her and Norris can revert back to how they were playing at the end of last year, everybody better watch out. Cason for Siegel is an awesome player.

Curious how the tiebreaker works for 7aaa. If Blackman beats Lavergne Monday night, both teams will have 3 district losses. Both losing once to each other and twice to Riverdale. Anybody know who would get the #2 seed if this were to happen?

By the way, we had the "F" officiating crew tonight. I did not like these officials at all. In this game and the boys game, one official put the ball on the floor about 5 or 6 times when Blackman had the ball coming out of timeouts. I know they do this when teams are not getting on the floor when they are supposed to but I have never seen it 5 or 6 times in one night. It was always on Blackman. I know I have complained alot about officiating this year. I apologize for that cause I dont want to sound like a whiner but the officiating is really ridiculously bad.

OH COME ON WHERE IS EVERYONE TONIGHT IS DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT

GO LADY WARRIORS

Anxious are we!!!.....well it does appear that RD can win the 7AAA district with a win tonight over LaVergne but I don't think it going to happen. I know our girls our ready & I going to declare right now on Coach T @ 10:45 a.m that we will come out victorious tonight.

I think it's only fair that we come to your place & return the favor of they lopsided loss a few weeks ago..... :thumb: :thumb:

OOPS! Better think again. Way to go LADY WARRIORS DISTRICT 7AAA CHAMPIONS 2010' :lol:

Solid win by Oakland tonight. Nearly let slip away a couple of times, but was able to answer the bell every time they were challenged. I think both Oakland and Smyrna are good teams who just happen to play in a unbelieveably tough district. For years, Oakland's problem has been continuity, being able to keep girls in the program for all 4 years and having some sort of method for developement. With Ellen Riggins, KeKe Cook, Monica Barrett and Company, Oakland finally has a core that they can build around for the next few years, only lose 1 senior in Hayley Randolph, so a ton of experience returns. Not gonna proclaim Oakland to make a big leap to the state tourney next year, but I think a marked improvement is the makings.

I have to agree totally about the officiating lately... The game at Siegel tonight was by far the worst officiating I have ever seen and I have traveled all over the country watching games. I wonder if TSSAA knows how poor of a job these refs are doing and that it is just obvious to everyone even some of the Siegels own players on how poorly it was officiated. They are getting paid by TSSAA to do a job of officiating and that means to make sure that the games are called fairly. I do not know how these guys sleep at night as it is just pathetic and something needs to be addressed on the situation as it has totally gotten out of hand. I am not one that usually even comments on this post but something has to be done as these are kids just giving it their all to compete and play ball and for 5 players to have to play against 8 just really isn't right. By the way, I am not complaining because Blackman lost because we didn't, but it was definitely an unfair situation for the kids who work so hard to practice and then have three grown men who try to make their hard work all for nothing. I am standing up for our kids and I think there should be people to address this or it will continue.

He has the pinkeye.

Fouls and shots were close. Lavergne has great individual talent. To analyze at this point of the season is unfair. Riverdale has a better team. Lavergne had more turnovers and less rebounds.Agree Lavergne hasn't adjusted yet. Lavergne is capable of beating anyone. No one can handle Barbee in transition. I'm neutral. You make the adjustments.

Blackman/Siegel typical game. Great show for both schools with very good players and should be proud. Just a battle for bragging rights before the Tournament. The Tournament will be outstanding but really just an extension of regular season when every game was a District Championship Game. The Region will be something Special also as District 8 is bringing it on and it looks as if injuries will be healed.

Monday nights Blackman/Lavergne matchup will be one of the most important matchups of the whole season and both schools will have to be ready to play and likely will be another full house as most of the games have been all season.