DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard anything about the Blackman/LaVergne makeup game scheduled for today. I heard last night they might play it at 1 p.m but no word yet. Maybe Bri/Terry5276 can shed some light.

Oh man that would be perfect for since my wife is at Work. question: do you have an idea of how many of the young ladies from Rock Springs will be attending LHS next year. It seems Lavergne, Siegel, Blackman, and Riverdale are going to be good for at least the next 5 years

Jazzy,

How nice we are today. Hope that my good natured quote did not offend. Just thought that you guaranteeing a victory deserved a nice reply. Hope the games today are still own. Can't wait to see that 32 minutes of "L" once again.

Can't wait to see that 32 minutes of "L" once again

Only you know what this means....maybe you can share.

@ RDMan....what a pleasure to meet you & your lovely wife on Friday night. It was a great gesture for you to come over and encourage our girls. Your unselfishness is one to be admired. You appear to be a great supporter of all sports at RD & hopefully the folks over there appreciate your committment to the program. Also, thanks for recognizing that in my post that I was having fun.

Jazzy, RD is right and I have noticed it also. I have noticed also that you are one of the leaders of the blue nation also. I only compare your daughter and know what I saw two, three years ago and know she Will be a great player at Kentucky and with the attitude of her mother, will continue as a fan of hers for the next four years. Good luck.

Phargis.....my daughter is not LaQuinta Jefferson who is going to Kentucky, but she is a great player and is going to be a good one for that program..... :thumb:

So many of those players over there, and moms too, it is a little hard too pick all of them out but if you want to in some way signal where your daughter or sister is going or the connection, you might want to do so and if you had rather not.............. Irregardless RD is right.

Well hello there Jazzy!!! I can't believe this weather and that every time we go to play Lavergne, it snows!!!!! It has happened on every game thus far.....It is always great to play against the people that you have spent about all summer with because win/lose, you have such high respect for the parents and kids who put so much time into their passion-playing basketball!!!

Anyway, it should be a great game and hopefully, we can keep the girls injury-free.......

I am really going to miss all of this....But I guess I will have to come and watch everyone elses kids play. JD has had a great senior year!!!! She has been on fire and I am so happy for her!!! She is awesome along with the rest of the team. I know you are so proud!! I love her and wish her the best.

As far as Shelby - I don't know about what she was going through....People say it may be senioritis but I just had to support her and pray that she would come around!!She doesn't talk much about basketball at home and so I don't know what was going on at practices, etc. She is looking like Shelby finally and I hope it continues straight through until the end........I am just glad to see her back!!! She just had to work it out on her own and we just had to support her until she did.

Planning on making it to the R'dale Game Monday night if it is not snowed out. If it is when will it be played?

LOD, only Mr. Gill and the schools know. The Great Swami and his Crystal Ball has not made his trip down towards Shelbyville yet but if predictions are right somebody is going to have to make a decision. If that one is cancelled, just travel over the way a little ,if you can get in to the gym, and watch, what i consider the game which has the most at stake, Blackman and Lavergne. This is the "have to" game before the Tournament. This one means more than a lot to Lavergne since they lost the "Pink Eye" match with Riverdale and needs a win before the Tournament.

Not worried about the game so much as it was 'supposed' to be SENIOR NIGHT and I wanted to go and root for one of the Seniors. :thumb:

Haven't heard anything about the Blackman/LaVergne makeup game scheduled for today. I heard last night they might play it at 1 p.m but no word yet. Maybe Bri/Terry5276 can shed some light.

Oh man that would be perfect for since my wife is at Work. question: do you have an idea of how many of the young ladies from Rock Springs will be attending LHS next year. It seems Lavergne, Siegel, Blackman, and Riverdale are going to be good for at least the next 5 years

Not really, Ice Cold...are you a Nupe??...Anyways, I don't...I heard the Nichols girl might be going some where else, I hope not because she would be a great asset to the program next year and probably could come in & start. I agree, the coach at Rock Springs does a great job, he put out great teams year after year, whereas every since Coach P left LMS, the teams there have not been so great. I think if she stayed there, you probably would have seen some better teams at LMS. Coaching does make a difference!! I actually think Siegel & RD will be the top teams in the district next year. I think Oakland will make some noise, they have a good core of young players that have stepped up & played well this year. Are they only losing Randolph this year??

@ RDMan....what a pleasure to meet you & your lovely wife on Friday night. It was a great gesture for you to come over and encourage our girls. Your unselfishness is one to be admired. You appear to be a great supporter of all sports at RD & hopefully the folks over there appreciate your committment to the program. Also, thanks for recognizing that in my post that I was having fun.

Jazzy, RD is right and I have noticed it also. I have noticed also that you are one of the leaders of the blue nation also. I only compare your daughter and know what I saw two, three years ago and know she Will be a great player at Kentucky and with the attitude of her mother, will continue as a fan of hers for the next four years. Good luck.

Phargis.....my daughter is not LaQuinta Jefferson who is going to Kentucky, but she is a great player and is going to be a good one for that program..... :thumb:

So many of those players over there, and moms too, it is a little hard too pick all of them out but if you want to in some way signal where your daughter or sister is going or the connection, you might want to do so and if you had rather not.............. Irregardless RD is right.

I guess I don't mind....my daughter is Jasmine "Bri" Dale #33 going to Gardner-Webb., i.e jazzyphamom. Those on the AAU circuit will know her as "Bri" but not to be confuse with the Bri that post, that's someone else.

Well hello there Jazzy!!! I can't believe this weather and that every time we go to play Lavergne, it snows!!!!! It has happened on every game thus far.....It is always great to play against the people that you have spent about all summer with because win/lose, you have such high respect for the parents and kids who put so much time into their passion-playing basketball!!!

Anyway, it should be a great game and hopefully, we can keep the girls injury-free.......

I am really going to miss all of this....But I guess I will have to come and watch everyone elses kids play. JD has had a great senior year!!!! She has been on fire and I am so happy for her!!! She is awesome along with the rest of the team. I know you are so proud!! I love her and wish her the best.

As far as Shelby - I don't know about what she was going through....People say it may be senioritis but I just had to support her and pray that she would come around!!She doesn't talk much about basketball at home and so I don't know what was going on at practices, etc. She is looking like Shelby finally and I hope it continues straight through until the end........I am just glad to see her back!!! She just had to work it out on her own and we just had to support her until she did.

I know weird isn't it...the same here, it's been a great ride. Glad we all got chance to play together last summer, it was great. Yeah, Bri has been have a great senior season & I'm glad for her as well. She put a lot of time and effort in her game after the summer traveling season was over. It has paid off.

Don't worry too much about Shelby, she always step up when it's time, I see her doing great things at Samford. Hopefully, we have some news about the game soon....should be a good one, I guess I can't make a prediction out of fun, if so some of these posters might get their "panties in a bunch" ain't calling no names, truth & justice......LOL

lol I promise you I am very neutral, I am not even from here and my wife is an Oakland grad I wouldnt be allowed to cheer for Riverdale. Although I think Riverdale is the best team in the district I do think Lavergne is the only team that could beat them in this region

IceCold.....somehow I missed this post and even though records might indicate differently, I disagree with you. I think RD Coach Maxwell put her team/players in the best position & that's where the difference comes in. I think she coaches a lot like Fryer at Mt. Juliet. He like she is a very smart coach & they utilize the floor for thier players very well!! One thing I noticed about the game on Friday is Shacobia cannot go right, but she can take anyone left, & as long as she's allowed to go left she's going to kill you in the post. So, this is where Coach Maxwell's strategy comes in....she knows that a player is going to drop down to help on Barbee, so, she kicks it out mainly to Jaclissa & she shoots the three. If the defense doesn't adjust properly, 2 or 3 three's in a row can put a game out of reach rather quickly. If you noticed, Jaclissa is always on the same side of the floor as Barbee is when she goes left, she never reposition and goes to the right hand side of the floor. It's a pretty smart strategy, hopefully the coaches are watching film & making the adjustments accordingly. I also think it helps that her husband coaches on a higher level & he's probably is very beneficial to her game strategy/plans.

Not really, Ice Cold...are you a Nupe??...Anyways, I don't...I heard the Nichols girl might be going some where else, I hope not because she would be a great asset to the program next year and probably could come in & start. I agree, the coach at Rock Springs does a great job, he put out great teams year after year, whereas every since Coach P left LMS, the teams there have not been so great. I think if she stayed there, you probably would have seen some better teams at LMS. Coaching does make a difference!! I actually think Siegel & RD will be the top teams in the district next year. I think Oakland will make some noise, they have a good core of young players that have stepped up & played well this year. Are they only losing Randolph this year??

LOL no not a nupe. Alpha Phi Alpha spring 01. I hope Nichols isnt going to a private school in nashville( Im sicking of Rutherford CO. losing kids to nashville private schoolsits so frustrating)