MEMPHIS OVERTON BEATS MUNFORD

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I tried to tell Footballdad1 earlier, I would have to see something from Munford before I believed it. I was not convinced after the scrimmage at Haywood, (they're pitiful), A win against F.Ware (hasn't won a game in two years), and a win against a very weak Covington team was not something that convinced me. Losing tonight against Overton, losers of 24 of their last 25 (until tonight) was not shocking to me at all. I hate the fact that we play them at all. (Way too many people insist on it). They haven't scored a point against us in the last three years. Nevertheless, you have some on here that have done nothing but sing the praises of Munford. I didn't buy it earlier, and I don't buy it now. The very fact that they schedule nothing but teams that have poor track records over the past impresses me even less. I said somewhere that they would not win a single league game and I'm sticking by that. Congratulations to Overton! I know it's been a long time in the making and I know there are some happy Overton folks tonight.

I don't..Well pardon the heck out of me. It didn't take long going to the TSSAA web site to find Munford's schedule. Included on this year's schedule are F. Ware (0-10 last year and winless so far this year), Westwood,(0-10 last year and winless this year), Overton (losers of 24 of their last 25 going into the game Friday at Munford), Center Hill in Miss. (Don't have a Sr. class-only go through the 11th grade), along with us (Millington) and Covington. Now tell me where I made any incorrect statement and I'll be the first to correct it. I also made the statement that Munford has not scored a single point on us in the last 3 years and I wish we didn't play them. Check me and see if I perhaps erred here.

As for our year, we're not very good and has been evidenced by our play so far. If you check under "Big games in Memphis" you'll see where I picked 2 games- CBHS 24-6 (actual score was 31-7) and MUS 44-16 against East (Actual score 42-16). I hate for our kids to lose but I'm gonna call it like I see it.

I was actually congratulating Overton on my post. I can only imagine the joy and elation those kids from Overton must have felt last night after the beatings night after night those kids have taken for years. Fighting on and persevering are two of the attributes coaches try and instill in their players and thank

God for the victories whenever and wherever they come. So again CONGRATULATIONS TO OVERTON!

I was actually congratulating Overton on my post. I can only imagine the joy and elation those kids from Overton must have felt last night after the beatings night after night those kids have taken for years. Fighting on and persevering are two of the attributes coaches try and instill in their players and thank God for the victories whenever and wherever they come. So again CONGRATULATIONS TO OVERTON!

Visionaire, You were taking cheap shots at Munford as much as you were "CONGRATULATING OVERTON"! I'm a Millington alumni and fan, and I think it's kind of embarrassing to think your representing the Trojans with shots like that at another school especially a neighboring school with kids we all know and that grew up around us. If you have a personal agenda with a Tipton co. buddy that's talking smack to you then handle it with him. I notices RobM. also made a cheap comment about loving to see munford lose in another post "Congratulating Overton" . Grow up guys and show some class!! Oh and no disrespect to Overton. Great win guys! :roll: Sorry VIS.. I just call it like I see it also!! :shock:

Visionaire, You were taking cheap shots at Munford as much as you were "CONGRATULATING OVERTON"! I'm a Millington alumni and fan, and I think it's kind of embarrassing to think your representing the Trojans with shots like that at another school especially a neighboring school with kids we all know and that grew up around us. If you have a personal agenda with a Tipton co. buddy that's talking smack to you then handle it with him. I notices RobM. also made a cheap comment about loving to see munford lose in another post "Congratulating Overton" . Grow up guys and show some class!! Oh and no disrespect to Overton. Great win guys! :popcorneater: Sorry VIS.. I just call it like I see it also!! :thumb:

AMEN

I was actually congratulating Overton on my post. I can only imagine the joy and elation those kids from Overton must have felt last night after the beatings night after night those kids have taken for years. Fighting on and persevering are two of the attributes coaches try and instill in their players and thank God for the victories whenever and wherever they come. So again CONGRATULATIONS TO OVERTON!

Visionaire, You were taking cheap shots at Munford as much as you were "CONGRATULATING OVERTON"! I'm a Millington alumni and fan, and I think it's kind of embarrassing to think your representing the Trojans with shots like that at another school especially a neighboring school with kids we all know and that grew up around us. If you have a personal agenda with a Tipton co. buddy that's talking smack to you then handle it with him. I notices RobM. also made a cheap comment about loving to see munford lose in another post "Congratulating Overton" . Grow up guys and show some class!! Oh and no disrespect to Overton. Great win guys! :thumb: Sorry VIS.. I just call it like I see it also!! :lol:

Largely agree with not taunting others teams................but

I have to take up fro RobM, though. Now, I didn't read the comment you alluded to ( and Rob can gets his licks in from time to time ) but he is as stand up a guy as I've ever run into in high school athletics. He's done A LOT for Millington, both the football program and the school at large. I'll cut him a little slack :roll:

I don't..Well pardon the heck out of me. It didn't take long going to the TSSAA web site to find Munford's schedule. Included on this year's schedule are F. Ware (0-10 last year and winless so far this year), Westwood,(0-10 last year and winless this year), Overton (losers of 24 of their last 25 going into the game Friday at Munford), Center Hill in Miss. (Don't have a Sr. class-only go through the 11th grade), along with us (Millington) and Covington. Now tell me where I made any incorrect statement and I'll be the first to correct it. I also made the statement that Munford has not scored a single point on us in the last 3 years and I wish we didn't play them. Check me and see if I perhaps erred here.

As for our year, we're not very good and has been evidenced by our play so far. If you check under "Big games in Memphis" you'll see where I picked 2 games- CBHS 24-6 (actual score was 31-7) and MUS 44-16 against East (Actual score 42-16). I hate for our kids to lose but I'm gonna call it like I see it.

I was actually congratulating Overton on my post. I can only imagine the joy and elation those kids from Overton must have felt last night after the beatings night after night those kids have taken for years. Fighting on and persevering are two of the attributes coaches try and instill in their players and thank

God for the victories whenever and wherever they come. So again CONGRATULATIONS TO OVERTON!

I believe you're wrong about Center Hill. If I'm not mistaken, this is their second year with a senior class. Other than that I can't speak to the rest of your statements.