10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

I've heard some good things and a few bad things about the teams in the district. CA seems to be beating teams pretty by a pretty good margian. I see the other teams are having pretty close games. Can someone please post every team's record and tell me who the front runner for second place this year. and I'd like to hear who everyone's predictions for 1st team and 2cd team players in the district

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard some good things and a few bad things about the teams in the district. CA seems to be beating teams pretty by a pretty good margian. I see the other teams are having pretty close games. Can someone please post every team's record and tell me who the front runner for second place this year. and I'd like to hear who everyone's predictions for 1st team and 2cd team players in the district

According to CoachT here are some records.

District Standings

CA 1-0 6-0

HC 1-0 1-2

WHH 1-0 1-3

ER 0-1 1-4

MH 0-1 0-4

NC 0-1 2-5

houston count beats east robertson 88-86, the whole game was close at the end of he first quarter hc was down 17 and cuts it down 47-43 at the half, cooksey had 4 fouls at half time and sat most of second half but played hard while he was in, barnes stepped up big a the point, roper stepped up big and dropped 24, and sketon played hard and scored over 30, monroe played threw his ankle pain and hit all of his free throws, woodard had a chance to tie it up at the line with 7 seconds left and missed both free throws, hc played tight d on woodard but that made other players open. the officals were horrible and called way to many fouls, congrats to hc for pulling it out and havin there first district win on the year

Birdman12, were you in Murfreesboro or Clarksville when you were "humiliated" by Northeast? I am not arguing whether or not you guys are good, because you are. I just think that your overconfidence may end up costing you a game or two.

There is not humiliation losing to NE. They are one of the best teams in the state on any level. They are putting it to the AAA teams also. Don't think they have had a close game yet. Saw them play 2 weeks ago and was very impressed. They are very big and very fast, a lethal combination.

The CA @ HC this Tuesday should be interesting game..... for a half.

CA @ HC game will be closer than everyone thinks, if HC comes to play. They looked good against ER, and earlier this year in scrimmages against Dickson and Northwest. But if they play like they did at Stewart County, they will be beat. CA is looking to revenge last years loss, and have all the ability in the world..... HC has lots of ability too, if it's utilized. The Featherstone boy is out with a bad ankle, and Monroe is still playing on a bad ankle. Skelton has improved 100% since last year and Roper stepped up big against ER..... the Barnes boy is always gonna come to play ball, and Cooksey is one heck of a point guard. The new coach is making a difference in their defense too... think I might go watch this one.

oh yeah i must have forgot that HC won the district, sorry i was a little busy in murfreesburo. And woodard is good, and he may be able to drop 40 (which is unlikly on martin smith or heath dyer) but east rob will probably need more than 40 to beat CA so where are the rest comming from? what about defense, woodard cant gaurd everybody. as far as mcewen, that was last year and they lost one of their best players whereas CA only lost one starter and two impact bench players and they return 10 expirienced varsity players.

oh and trigger, what humility? nobodys humiliated in clarksville!

WOCKA

Ummm... Woodard had 20 against HC last Friday......... the final score was 88 - 86. IF my subtraction is right, that leaves 60 points by the rest of the team. I was there, and I assure you, Woodard is NOT all ER has. But, If they put him under the goal, he will out rebound and outscore either of the Smith brothers. Also, ER scored ( I think) 95 points in a previous game. And yes, you guys got the snot beat out of you by Northeast in Clarksville. Comments like the ones you have made on this thread only makes people resent your team, which is a shame, they are good boys and ballplayers.