BRADLEY vs. SODDY

G21

This was a very tough Defensive game. with some blown coverage by the Bears, a couple of great catches by number 85, and a very bad decision on a punt before half that cost the bears 3 points

which ended up being the points Bradley lost by.

I was glad to see a little change was made by putting Davis in on offense. he made some very good plays tonight.

The Bears are still not clicking on offense tho, poorly thrown balls, and dropped passes.

also running the ball on 3rd down is probably due to the fact the Bears are having trouble throwing the ball. number 10 did make some good plays tho.with a few more better thrown balls or better decisions where the ball was thrown it could have been a different game, also don't get mad about my opinion about the QB position, it is a tough job but it is where you can win and lose the game, it is where the spot light is, and if you cant take part of the blame then you can never take any of the credit,

O Well Bradley had some bad calls but that is football, its gonna happen. so before any one can blame the officiating and if you did not see the game you must know the bears really beat their self.

This could be how the rest of the season goes, a very tough defensive game but not enough offensive power to win the game.

The bears still have enough talent on the team to win games, so lets see what next week brings

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Clevland Banner on Thursday:

"Bradley remembers last year’s controversial 35-21 loss at Soddy-Daisy and will be looking for some payback in front of a big Bear Stadium crowd.

“That was a tough loss last year and our guys remember it,” Coach Floyd said of a couple of key controversial calls that went against the Bears, plus questionable hit that put a Bear starter on the sideline for much of the contest."

Old crybaby Damon had his hometown refs tonight and one guy who called holding at least five times (anytime Soddy-Daisy had a big gain) and he still lost. Game was very similar to Damon's senior year when the Trojans beat him 14-10 and the clock mysteriously goes blank with 3 minutes to go and Bradley driving. You know going in at Bradley you will have to beat more than the 11 opposing players, but tonight may have been the worst one yet. Oh well, not a great performance by the Trojans but any win in that place is a good one so we will take it.

Soddy-Daisy has got to correct the little mistakes. This is week six and twice tonight we have 9 players on the field. Once on punt team and once on punt return. The punt return mistake gave Bradley a first down on the fake. Secondly, we have a first down with a 1:20 left and we are in shotgun handing the ball off. Take 4 knees and get the heck out of dodge. Don't chance a fumble or turnover. Overall good job on the victory, let's work on being a "football smart" team and correcting the little things.

"Bradley remembers last year’s controversial 35-21 loss at Soddy-Daisy and will be looking for some payback in front of a big Bear Stadium crowd.

“That was a tough loss last year and our guys remember it,” Coach Floyd said of a couple of key controversial calls that went against the Bears, plus questionable hit that put a Bear starter on the sideline for much of the contest."

Old crybaby Damon had his hometown refs tonight and one guy who called holding at least five times (anytime Soddy-Daisy had a big gain) and he still lost. Game was very similar to Damon's senior year when the Trojans beat him 14-10 and the clock mysteriously goes blank with 3 minutes to go and Bradley driving. You know going in at Bradley you will have to beat more than the 11 opposing players, but tonight may have been the worst one yet. Oh well, not a great performance by the Trojans but any win in that place is a good one so we will take it.

Soddy-Daisy has got to correct the little mistakes. This is week six and twice tonight we have 9 players on the field. Once on punt team and once on punt return. The punt return mistake gave Bradley a first down on the fake. Secondly, we have a first down with a 1:20 left and we are in shotgun handing the ball off. Take 4 knees and get the heck out of dodge. Don't chance a fumble or turnover. Overall good job on the victory, let's work on being a "football smart" team and correcting the little things.

"Big Bear Stadium crowd"????? What a joke! Just saw highlights on 'Football Friday' (WTNB) and the Bradley side was only about 1/4th full.

S-D's QB (Parrott?) looked great, from what little bit I saw of him!

As far as the bad refs at Bradley.....that's always expected

First of all .....There are no such things as "Hometown Refs". The officials are assigned by someone who doesn't care who wins the game.

Now, the officials tonight lost control of the game late. If they would have tossed a player from each side when all the cheap shots started that would have ended it. They didn't and things got pretty ugly near the end. BOTH SIDES.

First of all, I am an Ooltewah person, but I'm not going to pile on. It's not my style. I will ask questions and try to make reasonable observations, I may not always be right, but I'm trying to go with what I see and hear. If that info is wrong, I apologize in advance.

Second, losing to Polk County is not a disgrace. They are currently 3rd in AAA. Coach Davis does a great job over there, they play good, disciplined, hard-nosed football, and don't usually beat themselves. No shame in that.

Bradley Central has been improving since Coach Floyd has come there, but the question must be asked of the Bradley County School system of the importance of football. At both Walker Valley and Bradley Central, football takes a back seat to basketball and baseball, with wrestling coming into more prominence at Walker Valley, while it already is outstanding at Bradley Central. Does the school system even care?

Back to the game, what happened on the Bradley sideline with the skirmish? Was anyone thrown out of the game?

First of all .....There are no such things as "Hometown Refs". The officials are assigned by someone who doesn't care who wins the game.

Now, the officials tonight lost control of the game late. If they would have tossed a player from each side when all the cheap shots started that would have ended it. They didn't and things got pretty ugly near the end. BOTH SIDES.

You must have never dealt with the Athens officials association in ANY sport, ru4mocs. Their reputation proceeds them. That's why Cleveland High School refuses to use them and uses the Chattanooga association in both basketball and football.

First of all, I am an Ooltewah person, but I'm not going to pile on. It's not my style. I will ask questions and try to make reasonable observations, I may not always be right, but I'm trying to go with what I see and hear. If that info is wrong, I apologize in advance.

Second, losing to Polk County is not a disgrace. They are currently 3rd in AAA. Coach Davis does a great job over there, they play good, disciplined, hard-nosed football, and don't usually beat themselves. No shame in that.

Bradley Central has been improving since Coach Floyd has come there, but the question must be asked of the Bradley County School system of the importance of football. At both Walker Valley and Bradley Central, football takes a back seat to basketball and baseball, with wrestling coming into more prominence at Walker Valley, while it already is outstanding at Bradley Central. Does the school system even care?

Back to the game, what happened on the Bradley sideline with the skirmish? Was anyone thrown out of the game?

No one was ejected, it was a really late hit,and the flag came from way down field, and then a second on BC for pulling the SD player off , thats was standing over him , taunting. off setting -- go figure

"Big Bear Stadium crowd"????? What a joke! Just saw highlights on 'Football Friday' (WTNB) and the Bradley side was only about 1/4th full.

You are truely an IDIOT, BC 's side was at 90% , SD was at 30%. You sad, bitter old man.

You must have never dealt with the Athens officials association in ANY sport, ru4mocs. Their reputation proceeds them. That's why Cleveland High School refuses to use them and uses the Chattanooga association in both basketball and football.

I said these refs did a BAD job tonight.

But I also know a lot of refs and (No matter what people think) they do not care who wins.

I go to games all over the area. EVERY game I go to, doesn't matter which side I sit on, the fans of that team think the refs are out to get their team. :!:

You are truely an IDIOT, BC 's side was at 90% , SD was at 30%. You sad, bitter old man.

Sorry bud.....saw it several times on video tonight. And don't try to convince me it was Soddy's side I was looking at. I'm well aware what each side looks like.

I think you're about as good estimating a crowd size as you were two weeks ago predicting Bradley would win the rest of their regular season games. :roflol:

And I know it just kills you "knowing" I was 100% accurate predicting Bradley would lose last week and tonight. And just think.....you've got McMinn and Ooltewah the next two weeks. :evil: