JACKSON CO. HOSTS MONTEREY

tensportsfan10

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three guys that pick games for the Herald-Citizen chose Monterey to win.

They don't have a clue.

Croz,

I'm not sure you have a clue. You have been dogging Monterey pretty hard, but in all reality Monterey did not play that bad against you guys. You scored on a bubble screen and set up another score on a double handoff pass when one of Monterey's kids got flagged for pass interference. Now I will give you that in the last part of the third quarter your team took control. Every time Monterey would march the ball down the field on the tigers a yellow hankie came out and that is a fact. The opening drive of the second half Monterey drove the ball down to the 1 ft line and your team bowed their backs and made a good stand. No one from Monterey has said anything negative about your team at all, just don't understand all the GHS smack talk after the game has been played. Jackson Co. is a much improved team, but I'm not ready to say they are better than Monterey I would recommend you worry about your team a little more because from where I stand you guys are not the Tigers of old.

They don't have a clue.

Croz,

I'm not sure you have a clue. You have been dogging Monterey pretty hard, but in all reality Monterey did not play that bad against you guys. You scored on a bubble screen and set up another score on a double handoff pass when one of Monterey's kids got flagged for pass interference. Now I will give you that in the last part of the third quarter your team took control. Every time Monterey would march the ball down the field on the tigers a yellow hankie came out and that is a fact. The opening drive of the second half Monterey drove the ball down to the 1 ft line and your team bowed their backs and made a good stand. No one from Monterey has said anything negative about your team at all, just don't understand all the GHS smack talk after the game has been played. Jackson Co. is a much improved team, but I'm not ready to say they are better than Monterey I would recommend you worry about your team a little more because from where I stand you guys are not the Tigers of old.

I've not been too negative about Monterey. All I've said is that I think Jackson is the better team, and since I've seen both on the field, I believe I have a decent idea about them. I saw some things from Monterey that I had never seen in them before, and that's what I'm basing my opinion on. You can throw your hissy fit all you want to. I think Jackson is the better team this year. Sorry.

They don't have a clue.

Croz,

I've not been too negative about Monterey. All I've said is that I think Jackson is the better team, and since I've seen both on the field, I believe I have a decent idea about them. I saw some things from Monterey that I had never seen in them before, and that's what I'm basing my opinion on. You can throw your hissy fit all you want to. I think Jackson is the better team this year. Sorry.

Thanks Croz... for noticing the effort put forth by the JCHS team, coaches, and all involved. We're hoping this year is the beginning of a successful era in our football program. I'll admit that the last three games have knocked a bit of the stuffin out of our boys... but we're hoping to right the ship tonight.

By the way... i've read many of your posts. Your fairness, knowledge of the game and local programs is obvious. All the more reason I feel good about our chances for upsetting the H/C staffers and the Monterey faithful.

I'll have to admit I made a mistake on this game.

When Monterey played Gville, they didn't have much fight in them at the end, IMO, some of the players even quit. That's why I figured Jackson would win the game. Evidently Monterey righted the ship, so to speak, and played hard.

Jackson played hard against Gville all four quarters and that's why I gave them the advantage. Anyway, I can admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong about this game.

I hope this doesn't get Jackson down and that they keep working hard to build their program.

And, Monterey, I hope they continue to improve. It's too bad they had the injuries they did during the Clay Co. game.