Oliver Springs vs. Oneida

soilder383

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Oz playing Jelico and Oneida playing Oakdale both teams should becoming off a win....This will be the game of the week for single A and these teams will prob meet in the 2nd 3rd round playoffs...How do you think this will turn out?

This week is OAKDALE . . . we can hash this out next week :popcorneater:

whoooooooooo!!! brother let me tell ya you don't get to be 17 time world heavyweight champion by overlookin' steve stakk @ the national guard armory and lookin ahead to ricky (the dragon) steamboat @ the omni baby whooooooooooo!!! one at a time my friend, be patient and the ol' nature boy will get to you whoooooooo! the tribe will be stylin & profilin into eagle town friday night first brother.

I wouldn't say anything for no amount of money, Brewster and T.L. would stripe them legs. Ask about O.S before Oakdale was played. This week is about one thing and one thing only. FOOD they serve the best food at Oakdale, i can not wait.

Plus, we should get a good look at some of the 2nd team boys! Weather is turning chilly. Great night for some football!

I can't, for the life of me, see the kids looking ahead to OS. Even though I think it could be very easy to do. Oakdale has, at best, no real chance of winning this game. The question is going to be how many points will Oneida score. We aren't known for running it up on purpose, but I remember one season we ran nothing except a fullback dive for the entire fourth quarter and wouldn't you know it a one hundred and 15 pound freshman gets two scores from 60+ yards out. The Oakdale Coach ranted and raved about running it up......so much so that Coach May had to be restrained from going after him. And believe me, there was absolutely no intent to run up anything that night! I don't know a coach alive that would tell his players to just fall down for the sake of the other team. I strongly believe our coaches operate with class, but sometimes the scoring gets out of hand because of what the weaker team has more than what the stronger one does! I heard Oakdale only has 16 players on the whole team, thats more than a little thin.....wouldn't you agree? But we will show up and play because that is what we do. Oakdale or TC.....it is what we do on Friday Nights!

Then, and only then, will this site be relative! We will deal with Oz next week.....until then :roflol: .

:flower: Kazanity :lol:

I can't, for the life of me, see the kids looking ahead to OS. Even though I think it could be very easy to do. Oakdale has, at best, no real chance of winning this game. The question is going to be how many points will Oneida score. We aren't known for running it up on purpose, but I remember one season we ran nothing except a fullback dive for the entire fourth quarter and wouldn't you know it a one hundred and 15 pound freshman gets two scores from 60+ yards out. The Oakdale Coach ranted and raved about running it up......so much so that Coach May had to be restrained from going after him. And believe me, there was absolutely no intent to run up anything that night! I don't know a coach alive that would tell his players to just fall down for the sake of the other team. I strongly believe our coaches operate with class, but sometimes the scoring gets out of hand because of what the weaker team has more than what the stronger one does! I heard Oakdale only has 16 players on the whole team, thats more than a little thin.....wouldn't you agree? But we will show up and play because that is what we do. Oakdale or TC.....it is what we do on Friday Nights!

Then, and only then, will this site be relative! We will deal with Oz next week.....until then :lol: .

:o Kazanity :lol:

Kazzy,

Couldn't agree with you more. Two quick stories..... When I was a Sr. (97-98), the year we came to Oneida in the semi's, we beat Monterey 91-0. I think it was like 21-0 before the lights got on good. The first team was out of the game before halfway through the first quarter. We kicked off to them both halves, and kept a running clock in the second half. Out-of-bounds, after a score, etc. It didn't matter, the clock kept running! The Tennessean interviewed their coach on Tuesday of the next week. He said he had no hard feelings, it was their job to stop us, and they couldn't. Flash forward to '05, my brother's Sr year. Exact same thing to a "t" happend at Red Boiling Springs. Same score. Both of these games were before the "mercy rule", btw a rule that many say was put into place because of us and South Pitt. Of course in '97, this site wasn't up yet. In '05, we got absolutely blasted by people all over the state on here. Both were region games, so they had to be played.

My question is.... What do you do? It's not like the starters were in, or we were throwing in the second half. What shows more class? Punting or taking a knee on first down? Telling a freshman that gets his brains beat in all week to lay down? It seems to me that that would be more of a slap in the face? Opinions...

I've read this forum and its post all week, and i still cant figure out why this topic was even brought up in the first place. The biggest mistake either of these teams could make is to over look their next oppenent. I do understand that OS and Oneida's next oppenents aren't very good teams but the game still has to played and anything could happen in high school football. I do have question for the guy who posted right above me; who did you play for in high school?

I've read this forum and its post all week, and i still cant figure out why this topic was even brought up in the first place. The biggest mistake either of these teams could make is to over look their next oppenent. I do understand that OS and Oneida's next oppenents aren't very good teams but the game still has to played and anything could happen in high school football. I do have question for the guy who posted right above me; who did you play for in high school?

Trousdale Co.

I think Oneida will come out and play as hard as they can. That is the way it should be. More than likely our younger guys will be in the game pretty quick. But, you have to respect the game of football. It is meant to played with honor and guts. If another team is that much better, then you need to get in the weight room and fix the problem. You can't ask another team to lay down.

Having said that, I did not play for Oneida. I played football for a school that had 126 student TOTAL...boys and girls. My freshmen year we actually had most of the seniors quit. The last game of the season we ended up with 13 boys. I still have a picture of our sideline...two coaches and two players and 1 trainer. I can remember one game changing jerseys 3 times....I was #82..then #45 and finished #50. What is that, like 178 or something?

Just about every team pounded away at us and I never thought anything about someone running up the score. It was, what it was.

In anycase, I hope we have a safe game and I hope Oakdale can get something positive going up there. I actaully heard they are down to 12 players. Normally I wont pass on rumors but that comes from a pretty reliable source.