franklin county vs tullahoma who takes the win?

salecreek

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebels should be 5-1 but player and coaching mistakes have cost them the close ones. The coaches must ensure that they and the players know what to do and when. That is their job.

#25 Terrance Martin is a good person and great player but a one dimensional offense does not win games especially the close ones. You can not put the entire offense on his back. It is not fair to him or the team as a whole. There are other capable players even if you only use them as decoy's for #25. We need a passing game as well. It not difficult to defend against 25 to the right, 25 up the middle....etc.

The loss was a heart breaker for those kids. They played well and should have had the win.

They are a much better team than the record indicates.

The parents and community are behind the team, but the coaches need to up their skill level in the area of game magement. Shelbyville, Lavergne, and Tullahoma are prime examples. These should have been wins for FC.

The Rebels are a respected team but are frustrated. They give it all every game.

Keep your heads up young men it will get better.

I thought the coaches at Franklin Co called a very good game. Not using Terrance Martin primarily would be like having Peyton Manning at QB and running the ball two-thirds of the time. The Rebels first drive in the second half was as good as I have seen all season. They used almost 8 minutes of the clock and scored. The only difference at the end was a missed PAT, that didn't miss by much. Tullahoma just made some incredible plays by a soph QB who played like a senior. The Rebels passing game was very effective, with the few passes that were attempted. I can't speak for all the other games, but the coaches did well in this one.

So how many teams in this district 8 go to the playoffs?

3. The winner of the Franklin County and Lincoln Co. game will be in. :lol::roflol:

Not necessarily, according to my understanding. The top two teams in a district definitely go regardless of classification, and in theory the top half of teams in the same classification go - the potential problem is that it's possible for more than 32 teams to qualify under these rules - if that happens then the tiebreaker rules kick in (which I haven't looked at carefully). I don't think that finishing in the top half of one's classification is a trump card in that case.

binns...

Coaching also involves teaching. You have to teach them when to let the ball go, when to not try to kick the ball after you have dropped it once already.

I would have done some things differently. You have to try something different when what your are currently doing isn't working! You can then say you did all you could. I am not sure that is the case.

You can't put the weight of the entire team and season on Terrance...yeah play him all you can. However, when you use others it keeps the other team honest and does not allow them to load up on Terrance so much. He can then do a even better job. That is all.

Anyway I am not out there coaching so it doesn't really matter. This team has more than one talented player and should be winning whatever the reason. One player can't and shouldn't try to carry the entire team. It never works out.

binns...

Coaching also involves teaching. You have to teach them when to let the ball go, when to not try to kick the ball after you have dropped it once already.

I would have done some things differently. You have to try something different when what your are currently doing isn't working! You can then say you did all you could. I am not sure that is the case.

You can't put the weight of the entire team and season on Terrance...yeah play him all you can. However, when you use others it keeps the other team honest and does not allow them to load up on Terrance so much. He can then do a even better job. That is all.

Anyway I am not out there coaching so it doesn't really matter. This team has more than one talented player and should be winning whatever the reason. One player can't and shouldn't try to carry the entire team. It never works out.

My friend, I'm an old timer who loves the way the game used to be played. I love the wishbone and wingT and hate the spread. Last year the coaching staff spread the players out all over the place and could not find the endzone. This year those men wised up and put in the I formation which is designed to run the ball with the FB blocking. Just looking at the stats I would say offense isn't the darn problem and if they are putting 300 to 500 yards of offense a game whatever the heck they are doing is working. I bet those men do work special teams every Thursday just like every darn coaching staff in TN but in the end it ain't the X's and O's that win ball games it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's. I've seen them play 3 games this year and I can't fault Atkins with his offense or Brewer with his defense but the punting team needs work. The only boneheaded call I saw was the kneel down at Shelbyville. If Martin is getting the job done let him run. Heck we had a big FB one year in FL and I bet we ran FB Trap 15 times a game. You use the talent you have on the field and if one play works 5 times in a row you keep running it until they stop it.

binns...

My friend, I'm an old timer who loves the way the game used to be played. I love the wishbone and wingT and hate the spread. Last year the coaching staff spread the players out all over the place and could not find the endzone. This year those men wised up and put in the I formation which is designed to run the ball with the FB blocking. Just looking at the stats I would say offense isn't the darn problem and if they are putting 300 to 500 yards of offense a game whatever the heck they are doing is working. I bet those men do work special teams every Thursday just like every darn coaching staff in TN but in the end it ain't the X's and O's that win ball games it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's. I've seen them play 3 games this year and I can't fault Atkins with his offense or Brewer with his defense but the punting team needs work. The only boneheaded call I saw was the kneel down at Shelbyville. If Martin is getting the job done let him run. Heck we had a big FB one year in FL and I bet we ran FB Trap 15 times a game. You use the talent you have on the field and if one play works 5 times in a row you keep running it until they stop it.

Excellent post! You understand football, without all the drama that folks want to add! :roflolk:

binns...

I'm just basing my comments on the one game with Tullahoma. When a team scores 48 pts and a running back gets 297 yards, I can't see any fault with the offense. In my opinion, for what its worth, is that the Rebels lost the game because of the defense. When you give up 49 pts, you're not going to win many games. Franklin Co sure looked better than a team that has won only 2 games. As I look back on this one game, it was more about Tullahoma finding a way to win, than Franklin Co finding a way to lose. Sometimes I think some folks at Franklin Co give up on the coaching staff too early. Tullahoma has a former Rebel head coach on their staff who is loved and respected here in this town, who I think wasn't given enough time to build a winning program at Franklin Co. With that being said, I hope the Rebels finish on a strong note. I hear that Don Rhoton has a grandson that is a pretty good player for South.