who is the top players in district 7a?

05pg

Now you're just talking nonsense. Boles is the best player on Clay Co.'s team i'll give you that but he isn't close to being the MVP of the district. Garrett cant score unless he's shooting a layup and rebounding. He can't shoot the ball from 5 feet so that limits his effectiveness. Pickett will always be a tough team, but ahtletically they just don't have the athletes and shooters like they have had in years past. Now i'm not saying the ones they have are bad by any means because they aren't but they aren't in the class of Nathan Aaron, Ammonnett, the Wright boys, TC Capps etc... which is good for the rest of us in the district. All in all i think it will be a very exciting year as i really think that on any given night, outside of monterey, that any of the teams could beat any of the other ones. JC's players have played school ball and AAU ball together since the 2nd grade so its about time all that started paying off, but if they don't hustle up and down the flloor for the whole game then all this hard work and athletic talent will go to waste and it will be another region semi final exit. :thumb:

Who would be your mvp?

I can't believe you put TC Capps in the category of Nathan Aaron, Jo Amonett and Jacob Wright. I mean all the Wright boys where good, but Jacob was the only one that was elite. 5th of 6th all time in scoring, Josh was good, but he just had a little over a thousand pts....he was a very good basketball player but I think those other guys where a lot better. Jacob was special, Aaron, Amonett, Parris, Mitchell, where all special individuals, they did things not many others have in this district, they put they're teams on their shoulders and carried them many times. TC was an athlete, but much like Shawn Garrett, he couldn't shoot 5 ft away from the goal. What I was saying in an earlier post, PC has nothing close to the talent they used to have, but then again, no other team in the district is close to what PC had either.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i have been hearing shawn garrett has no need to shoot mid range shots cause he out runs everybody for a lay up

Who would be your mvp?

I can't believe you put TC Capps in the category of Nathan Aaron, Jo Amonett and Jacob Wright. I mean all the Wright boys where good, but Jacob was the only one that was elite. 5th of 6th all time in scoring, Josh was good, but he just had a little over a thousand pts....he was a very good basketball player but I think those other guys where a lot better. Jacob was special, Aaron, Amonett, Parris, Mitchell, where all special individuals, they did things not many others have in this district, they put they're teams on their shoulders and carried them many times. TC was an athlete, but much like Shawn Garrett, he couldn't shoot 5 ft away from the goal. What I was saying in an earlier post, PC has nothing close to the talent they used to have, but then again, no other team in the district is close to what PC had either.

There is not an elite team in 7a and boys bb in this area is down this year and this will be the year of the coaching and I'll put my money on Flynn because he's took less talent and done more the past few years than anyone, regular season and post season play.Now a big differance is for years some schools held their players back and many were too old to play at high school level and now the tssaa watches the age factor a lot closer and its harder to win with 13-17 year old kids than it is with 18-20 year old kids who ought to be in college. Individual players hardly ever win championships but teams that play together and are disiplined win most of them.

not taking nothing away from godwin very good player but his name and garretts should not be side by side when it comes to athletes.garrett is clearly best athlete in this district maybe region...from what i hear goad is a better athlete than godwin..i mean he is better at football maybe better at bball

not taking nothing away from godwin very good player but his name and garretts should not be side by side when it comes to athletes.garrett is clearly best athlete in this district maybe region...from what i hear goad is a better athlete than godwin..i mean he is better at football maybe better at bball

Goad is a great athlete and might just be better than anyone in the district and for us JC fans that would be a good thing! I don't see any of the JC people or Pickett Co. people doing any self promoting like you people from Clay Co. do. Is it an insecurity thing you got going on?

Goad is a great athlete and might just be better than anyone in the district and for us JC fans that would be a good thing! I don't see any of the JC people or Pickett Co. people doing any self promoting like you people from Clay Co. do. Is it an insecurity thing you got going on?

Thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. insecurity? no we just know we ahve players that stand out. clay county fans stand behind there players... all of them and the coach to. i would say the dawgs have more and better support than anyone else in the district.